main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania I had the strangest dream...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by 36nine5, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I had the strangest dream...

Were you were in the biggest army the world had ever seen?
    And we're you marching as one, on the road to the Holy Grail?

2. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    My mum was telling me about a dream where she gave Saddam Huissen chocolate. [face_laugh]

3. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    I had a Saddam dream too recently. Except I wasn't giving him chocolate, he was standing in my room looking really fat.

4. foxy_kenobi

foxy_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    I keep dreaming about tornados ;_;

5. Raincloud

May 1, 2002
    I had one about tornadoes. :p 'cept it was a tornado man.
    He stepped on our house but his big foot missed the room we were hiding in! :eek:

6. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    I dreamt last night I was at the supermarket deli, and I asked for salami, but they just put the stuff in my hand like that.

I also dreamt that I found out what happens inj NEterprise in season three, but of course I forgot when I woke up :mad:

7. Aragorn2003

Aragorn2003 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 13, 2003
    I have a dream where all have overthrown thewir opressors and form a pure communist/anarchical state. All human units would be exactly equal, and would also be happy.

8. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Aragorn2003: that's not a dream - that's a fantasy :p

9. Aragorn2003

Aragorn2003 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 13, 2003
    We can only live in peace when the workers of the world receive quantities of food they require, and the capitalist scum have been extermianted.

10. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Aragorn2003: that's not a dream - that's a fantasy

I call it a nightmare. [face_plain]

11. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000
    So let me see if I understand this ... we're being lectured on the necessity of anarchy/communism by someone who idolises a king ?

That is pure poetry ...

;)

12. Jedi_Riley

Jedi_Riley Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    I had a really weird dream, havent had them for ages.

There was an interview with Americans on the street, anyway they were telling the reporter what had happened. they said "John Howard doesnt agree with Bush on something, now Australia is going to be invaded! We hate aussies" they pointed to a hotel and out ran John Howard, he jumped in a car and drove off.......

i was then awoken by my cat scratching at the door.......

I dought this dream means something......

13. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Marv - you had a dream, where you asked someone to give you salami.

right.

I don't see any symbolism there.

14. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Has Freud taught us nothing, kahli?!

Sex! That's what Marv was dreaming about! The Salami obviously symbolises his desire for sex, which is very meaty although the actual contents of the substance are relatively unknown... however, seeing as he was given it, presumably by an employee, he either wants sex from a young teenage girl or a cranky old lady...

:D

Edit - I'm joking. Please, nobody should take this post seriously. It is a joke. I mean... I don't know the first thing about Freud. Well, except that he was obsessed with blaming everything on some sort of sexual meaning or desire or something...

15. Raincloud

May 1, 2002
    I always have this weird dream over and over again since I was 6. There are like these big logs and little logs and I'm sitting on an Island with my mum drinking tea.
    Its so weird because I am terrified of this dream. It is extremely scary. The logs roll and roll.
    When I wake up I dont remember much about it. ^^ Thats pretty much all I can. :p

16. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

re: freud & salami

From a freudian POV, salami is a phallic symbol (since it's usually sold in sausages ... ). The deli symbolises your need to make a choice (ie, should I buy this, or this, or that? etc). As for the putting it in your hand, well, so many interpretations ... (but I'll avoid the obvious interpretation of a phallic symbol in your hand)

1. For Freud, everything was basically either a male symbol or a female symbol - essentially anything that you can put something in is a female genital symbol. So your hands were actually female symbols, and the salami was a male symbol. So this is your basic I Need Sex dream. But then, every dream is an I Need Sex dream for Freud ...

2. A more modern Freudian might see the fact that your salami was unwrapped as a preference not to practice safe sex ... (see, all these smutty double entendres are Freud's fault!)

3. Of course, if the salami was sliced and not a sausage, well, that's a different matter - that's a dream about fear of castration. And if you actually choose to buy the salami sliced rather than whole, well ... tell me about your mother?

Gosh I love Freud. Great fun at parties.

Of course, the man was a colossal pervert. As Jung said (and I can only wonder if this had something to do with their break up): "Every psychological theory is a form of confession."

Does that help, Marv ?

17. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I'm not sure Marv was asking for help ?[face_plain] but it sure is fun to make fun, isn't it??

18. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000
    Sure is.

But then, people should know better than posting their innermost thoughts somewhere I can read them ... that's just asking for trouble

;)

19. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000
    re: log island ...

Okay, so an island can mean either loneliness (ie, an island alone in the ocean, but you already figured that one, huh?) or happiness (ie, an island paradise) - but sitting their sipping tea with your mother suggests that it's the latter rather than the former ...

Having your mother there symbolises the protection that she provides - maternal comfort and all that jazz...

As for the logs, there's an old rule of thumb in symbolism that the adjective is sometimes more important than the noun ... so the key words here are big and little ... and the fact you feel threatened by them suggests that they symbolise the dangers in life - the big things and the little things out to roll over you ...

So in summary - it's your basic Big Nasty Things Are Out To There But Gee Whiz Thank God Someone Is Looking Out For Me dream ...

How's that sound ?

(The beauty of dream interpretation for a lazy person like me is that most of the interpretations could be true of most people anyway and most of them are just variations on the same 7 basic themes ... )

20. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    See I thought the rolling logs thing was maybe a past life echo of adventures as an unfortunate lumber jack drowned under the rolling rolling logs.

The island symbolised dying alone.

And as for mum - your last thought in that life was 'I want my mummy!' but she never showed.

21. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    The salami was sliced by the way. And no, although I do not want to be castrated, it's not exactly something that I angst about on a regular basis thank you very much.

This is my dream from a couple of nights ago, can soemtone interpret this one?

I dreamed that I was in the Australian Army in Iraq, and in the middle of the desert there was this giant collosal red building, which was about 500 stories tall and almost as wide, ith windoiws, and soldiers were shooting from a great distance, but we shot back. We went inside, and there was a whole civilisation in this structure. I went into this room whith many chickens and I alsmot stepped on some but they were okay. Dream ended.

22. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    You had a dream about a monumental structure rising 500 stories tall out of the middle of nowhere, shooting out of occuring from within, and you made sure the chicks were ok...

nope, nothing coming to me.

23. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    It looked very much like a Borg Cube, but red. Not towerish (And I knew osmeone would say somehting like that khali :p )

24. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Marv: Simple. You're obsessed with sex and, erm, salami ...

:p

25. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    and chickens!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.