I just played Rogue Leader.

Discussion in 'Games' started by ElfStar, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: LAJ_FETT, MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
  1. ElfStar Jedi Master

star 4
    Aren't you guys jealous? :D
  2. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    Yes. Someone else here has too...
  3. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Another Saga & CT Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Me want RL NOWWW!!!

Can't wait for Christmas... :D

Error: Only one message post per minute is allowed.
  4. ElfStar Jedi Master

star 4
    It's really cool. It's definitely more then just another RS. Lots of improvements, not the least of which is graphics.
  5. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    i cant wait! with my xmas bonus money i will be buying it, hopefully it will be for pc also... i want GC mainly because they are redoing all the resident evil games!
  6. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Me I'm geting it the 18 along with my Cube,Lugi's Mansion,and Waverace. 17 days and counting.
  7. Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Master

star 4
    In the video previews it appears that the Tie Bombers now have missiles. Can you confirm this ElfStar?
  8. Rogue-Leader Jedi Master

star 4
    I have to wait for Christmas. I will be getting the GameCube with Rogue Leader, Luigi's Mansion, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
  9. JediJared Jedi Master

star 3
    Did you have a chance to launch a proton torpedo? I loved that effect when I played :)
  10. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    Alf, well, they fire them in XWA, so I'd assume they do in RL!
  11. Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Master

star 4
    I knew there were missiles on the tie bomber in XWA, but the tie bomber didn't have missiles in the original Rogue Squadron. Missiles on the tie bombers again will be a nice change. Makes it harder again.
  12. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah me too I also have to wait till christmas to get my GC with only RL first.
  13. ElfStar Jedi Master

star 4
    The level I played did not have any Tie Bombers. Lots of Tie fighters. And the proton torpedo effect is really cool. But what I really liked was the way the trench lit up when you shot your lasers.

Unfortunately I took too long flying slowly and looking at the textures, so before I could kill Darth Vader Yavin 4 blew up. :(
  14. Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Master

star 4
    I went to the Target in my city. It has a Gamecube you can play, but the game is not Rogue Leader. It's Luigi's Mansion. :mad:
  15. ElfStar Jedi Master

star 4
    Are you sure it wasn't a demo disk? If you can reset it you should be able to get to Rogue Squadron. That's what I did.
  16. Mace_Windo Force Ghost

star 4
    I will get a Gamecube soon!
  17. Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Master

star 4
    Good idea ElfStar. I'll go to Target and see if it's a demo disk. At night, when all of the kids are gone that were playing it.
  18. Somatose Jedi Padawan

19. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    You do remember how to reset consoles by using the controllers, right? Very important to know how to do if it is a demo box.
  20. Rogue-Leader Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't wait until Christmas, but I'm broke right now, so I guess I'll just have to be patient. :(
  21. BoB Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    I played it a couple of weeks back and was [face_plain]

Of course I've always prefered simulators to arcade style games so I;ve always prefered the xwing series. THe graphics are incredible but without instructions it took me forever to figure out that you hav to hold the button in for a little while to shoot the ion gun on the y-wing.

Got pretty good at shooting the tow cables though, just had to remeber to pay attention to my mission objectives, cause I was to busy killing AT-AT's while the AT-ST's blew up the ion cannon.

The trench run looked great but after flying it so many times it has lost its novelty.

The cloud effects were incredible in the mission you were trying to hide from the imperials. I was peveed I had to switch to targetting computer to be able to see anything cause I lost the cool effect, plus I kept almost running into captial ships.
  22. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Nice description, BoB... thanks!
  23. Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually I don't remember how to reset the demo box from the controllers. Will you please tell me PreacherBoy ?
  24. Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Master

star 4
    Nevermind those last 2 posts. Dark_Sith_Alf has just played Rogue Leader! Well, the game crashed right when I clicked on start game, but I looked at the menus and I also saw the opening Lucasarts logo video. LOL
    The music in the menus is a slight remix of the original Rogue Squadron theme.

So, that makes 3 people here that have played Rogue Leader. (JediJared, ElfStar, and Dark_Sith_Alf)
Moderators: LAJ_FETT, MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.