main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA I know Episode III is along way off, but does anyone have any plans started for it yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Ok, I know that Episode III is a long way off, but is anyone already working on plans for it yet. Examples would be costumes and such, differnt things like that.

Again I know its early, but I just couldn't help it.

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I have no official plans other than to try to have a landspeeder built (using the frame from a VW bug), have clone/stormtrooper armor to wear, and being in line at least a week in advance down at Big Newport. Other than that, nothing planned, no :)

3. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    no plans yet...might make some as more details become available...of course we should plan to go as a group in costume if possible...

4. Kyps-dozen

Kyps-dozen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    D_A is making me a jedi costume. That way we can go as anakin and padme to parties and premiers. Having a girlfriend that sews is so cool!

5. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I agree Kyps. My wife is making my Jedi Robes. We picked up the fabric last week and she should start on them this weekend.

6. Theatrix

Theatrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2001
    We (i.e. the 501st) are already in contact with LFL re: Celebration 3. I expect that we will do the usual gigs for opening day, etc.

Tim
    Anaheim
    501st Legion XO

7. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    hmm...

which Padme outfit should i make:

the yellow one frome the medow

the white one frome geonosis

or the black one frome the fireplace

...or maybe i could make the tatooine outfit from epI...of maybe!...

i just can't make up my mind!

8. Kyps-dozen

Kyps-dozen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    the yellow one. the black one is WAY to reveiling and the white one is way to dull. I think that most ppl would identify you as Padme if you were wearing the yellow outfit!

9. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I think the yellow meadow outfit she wore in EP II was beautiful, soI would go with that one, or my favorite which you didn't list is the wedding gown she wore at the end. =)

10. Viceroy Craig

Viceroy Craig Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 1999
    Yeah, lining up in front of the Grauman's Chinese Theatre for an insane amount of time....for the last time. ::weeps::

Oh, and the 501st kicks @$$!

11. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    No offense Craig, but I think being the OC FF group, we should line up outside Big Newport. We won't be able to line up for a month, but I'm pretty sure they'll let us do a week (that's my plan anyway, along with the guys from bignewport.com and starwarscampers.com). But alas, to each his own.

Of course, there's always the Spectrum, but I like Big Newport. Seats around 1100 people and has the biggest screen west of the Mississippi.

12. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    We will decide something when the time comes for all of us I'm sure. =)

13. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    hopefully by the time EP3 is out i'll be working at big newport. That would be cool.

yeah, i was thinking the yellow one is best. i was at the fabric store the other day and i looked thru some halloween patterns and spotted two patterns that look like they were made for SW fans. They are perfect matched to padme's yellow dress and anakin's jedi robes and cloak.

14. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I waited for a week ( but didn't spend all the nights, my parents weren't that thrilled about the idea and i still had school) in line to see AOTC at Big Newport. It was great. The only thing is i wish that it was on digital. Hopefully, by Episode III Big Newport will decide they want to go digital.

15. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I wasn't in line for the full week, but I was down there at least every other night. You may not have heard some of the discussion about why Big Newport has not gone digital. It actually has nothing to do with the theater not wanting it, but actually the projectors not being able to do it. The screen is too big and too far away for the projector to get the image to it. This was first mentioned by Shea Foley, head of bignewport.com and 1st in line for the midnight showing of AOTC, and later confirmed by several other individuals.

BTW, when I mentioned lining up at Big Newport, it was because when we were in line for AOTC, Shea and one of the head people from starwarscampers.com had the idea of havig a big circle of tents for starwarscampers.com as well as bignewport.com. The idea was mentioned that we should just join together for Ep3 and have one big tent area with computers, tvs, dvd players, etc. We all thought it would be really cool and I'm sure they'd more than welcome our FF group, especially if we dress up in costume (Shea always dresses as Boba Fett opening night).

You can check out bignewport.com here and starwarscampers.com here

16. Keijaa_Halcyon

Keijaa_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    Yeah. I was at opening night at Big Newport for EpII and it was incredible. Sadly I wasn't able to do any camping(which is half of the experience) because of school and finals and what-not.

Hey, LJ. When you went which tent were you at?

Maybe we can have our own tent for EpIII and have sort of an end of the SW Saga party before and after the film.

-Erik

17. Keijaa_Halcyon

Aug 6, 2002
    Pay no attention to what i asked you LJ. didn't read all of the thread. :D

-Erik

18. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I'm actually going to reply anyway, since my previous post could be a little misleading. I wasn't actually in a tent, but I was lining up with the guys from BigNewport.com. I WILL have tent for Ep3 and I WILL be camping out with them for a week.

From what Shea said, I think we broke a record that night for the most beachballs in that theater ever. He said the most he had ever seen was about 150. We must have had at least 200-250 (I know I pitched in $5 and Shea dropped I think $40 just for beachballs). If you were there, you know how awesome it was. Top it off with the fact that the manager let us do it (Shea didn't want to tell her how many we had, but she said she didn't mind so he estimated) and it was the perfect end to a perfect line up experience.

Like I said, for Ep3, we're hoping to have a big circle of tents with computers, tvs, dvd players, etc. so I'm sure everyone is more than welcome.

Now let's just hope tickets for Ep3 don't go on sale during C3 (argh!!!)

19. Keijaa_Halcyon

Aug 6, 2002
    Yeah. There's always a huge excitement level opening night. I brought 2 lightsabers(blue & red) and 5 beachballs and my black stormtrooper helmet(painted it myself; actually looks really good). My friend brought 1 green lightsaber and 1 beachball and his boba fett hemlet. I kept giving him a hard time for only bringing one of each and how a true fan would've brought as many items as he could wear and carry. :)

I think that the level of excitment before the movie on opening night makes the whole experience 10 times better.

-Erik

20. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    excuse me youngins...i stood in line for opening day for SW before it was ANH...only had to stand in line 8 hours...you guys are much more awesome than we were then...im way too old to wait that long or longer anymore..but if someone will hold me a spot...i will drop in...we old people need our rest...smirk..

21. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    Hello everyone - I'm new! I wasn't able to make last Sunday's meeting (Girl Scout campout with daughter) but I will be at the next one.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Craig on this one - I HAVE to go to the Chinese. I saw the noon show of AOTC and digital is the only way I'll see it. I hope you all don't throw stones - it's just a personal preference.

*probably not the best way to introduce myself right?*

22. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Welcome aboard!

23. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Yes, welcome.

I agree that digital is the best. But I like Big Newport for the size of the screen and the seating capacity. In fact, Shea has his seat marked in the theater. It's at the exact accoustic center (about 10 rows back from the front I believe). Hopefully by the time Ep3 rolls around, the projectors will be improved to where Big Newport can put one in.

24. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    that's true - maybe if they have digital I'll change my mind. I did see EP I there at the Big Newport and loved the size and the fans there. We'll see...

Thanks for the welcome! So how many times has everyone seen AOTC? I've seen it 10 times (3 digital) but I'm going to see it again this weekend up in LA at the Cinerama Dome. They have it on digital there so I want to catch it one last time.

25. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I've sen it a total of 15 times so far. I just don't get tired of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.