main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Love Star Wars But I Can Walk Away From This Job At a Moment's Notice

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by C Creepio, Oct 4, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gundark

gundark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 1999
    good morning slackers...

boss is gone for a week.

sadly that means less slack for me cause i'm the boss in the interim...

i'll be lurking though, posting when i can

2. Sandfarmer IV

Sandfarmer IV Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 1999
    Good morning slackers. Heydey Ho night shift slackers.

Hopefully these forums won't suck so bad today. Yesterday was the suckiest day in all the sucky days since I joined this forum. I almosy worked.

Slack on.

3. Jedi Soul

Jedi Soul Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 1999
    Sandfarmer...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Check your email... You will be getting a card from me shortly...

Wow... yesterday WAS a sucky day for slacking... C'mon people,... WE'VE gotta post! (Yeah... I know I'm a hypocrite... ).

Sponger Wedge...
    Indeed... the slack is strong with you... my opinion is that you should be trained... But confer with master Creepio before proceding on such an endeavor. Training to become one with the slack is not an easy task... You must be patient, and you must focus... You cannot slack on your slacking! Good luck, and may the slack be with you...

Have a great day of slack, everyone... !

4. Jedi Knight TarynS

Jedi Knight TarynS Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 1999
    Greetings Slackers!!!

Ye! Sandfamer it was a sucky slacker day. But you made it out lucky! I actually did do w*rk yesturday. I did so much I finished everthing early and I got to home earlier too. SO it was worth. To go back home and take a nap. I hope that this thursday will be a better slack day. It's only one more day till friday!!

Welcome Padawan Slacker Sponger Wedge, We will be watching your carreer with great interest. Be mindful of the living Slack young apprentice. I sense you can be a great slacker... Keep up the lack of work and we shall see.

Hacienda Nice song you have up there. It was so touching. ::sniff::sniff::

5. Jedi Soul

Jedi Soul Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 1999
    Taryn...

We posted at the same time! It must be that Creepio's Angels connection or something...

6. Jedi Knight TarynS

Jul 27, 1999
    Meet me in the chat room then. I just sent you an e-mail too!

7. Sandfarmer IV

Sep 3, 1999
    Thank you Jedi Soul and everyone else for the birthday wishes. PLEASE NOTE that if you have sent me any emails, my computer is still crashed so if I do not reply right away, please don't take it the wrong way. I hope to get everything back in order by this weekend.

Slack on.

8. Jedi Knight TarynS

Jul 27, 1999
    It was more then coincidence my friend! It must mean something!

9. Jedi Knight TarynS

Jul 27, 1999
    You're here too Sandfarmer. Together again! Where's the rest of the gang?

10. Hacienda51

Hacienda51 Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 1998
    Good morning Angels, birthday people, and all slackers all over the world!

11. Jedi Knight TarynS

Jul 27, 1999
    THis day may be a good slakcer day after all!

Hey there Hacienda Hey they Birthday boy!

What to do. What to do. I want to leave early today, so I may do a little w*rk. Sorry. I know it's sin, but I want to slack in the comforts of my room. So . . .

12. Twi'lek Babe

Twi'lek Babe Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 1999
    Morning all...all??? Where is everybody? Night shift out of here to the real j*b. Whaaaa! Have a happy slack day!

13. Twi'lek Babe

Twi'lek Babe Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 1999
    Ahhh, they are all in the deslacking room!

14. C Creepio

C Creepio Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 1999
    to dapper_bloke

He came, he saw, he left us a chat room. And we love him for it.

The Slack will be with him. Always. Unless he went and got a job.

15. Jedi Knight TarynS

Jul 27, 1999
    Twi'lek Babe May the slack be with you. Hope your w*rk day is short and slackful one.

I've asked my self the same question why is it so quite? Where are all the Slackers.
    I've figured it out!I know what's going on.
    And I must warn you all.

One day I was passing by my Sith Partners Cubbie and I heard them discussing something. I assumed they were talking about work again and started to walk off when I heard them say...

partner1: Soon we will reviel(sp) ourselves to the Slackers.

partner2: The Sith Workers will have their revenge and destroy our enemies. The Work shall flow again.

At this point I was laughing my @ss off. They have no chance, they must have sniffed some bad stuff or something. Their numbers are small and over worked. They haven't a chance of defeating the SLackers.

Then the next day on my way to the lunch room I noticed that all the people that I saw working hard in their cubie wearing a black pin that read "Sith workoholics". This scared me.

I was the only one without one. I found the nearest office and stashed myself away there till they passed down the hallway.

Looking around I find that Im in some super duper computer lab with all these workstations, blinking buttons and unreadble terminals. I thought great! The games I could play in this room and no one the wiser. So I pull up a seat and tried to link up to the forum. But unstead I find every single Slackern names. I started to freak out. I wondered what could they possibly be doing with these names.

I scrolled down to my name and besides it was a list of work assignments they were going to give me. As I started to scroll down I saw tons and tons of these new reduntant work assignments. ALL FOR ME TO DO. They planned to flood the slackers with w*rk!!! I see now that their plan is succeeding. Yesturday, serves as a prime example. We must not work or the Slack will die!

We must resist!!

I bring you this warning in hopes to save the Slack. . . Oh NO my Sith partnere is coming I must go now. He seems to be carrying a stack of paper..

OOOOH NOO MORE W*RK!!! AAAAARRRGGH!!
    yo-u.... mmmu-s-t keeeee-p SLACK a--li----ve...

16. Hacienda51

Dec 28, 1998
    This is the key we need to unlock the mystery of the Sith, sister. Slack on!

17. Jedi Soul

Jedi Soul Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 1999
    TarynS: Jedi Soul be wary... I have felt a disturbance in the Slack.

Jedi Soul: I have felt as well, my friend.

TarynS: Send no transmissions... Send no transmissions of any kind...

Jedi Soul: Yes, my friend.

Dapper...

I just saw you post in another thread today... Please come back ! We miss you, bloke ....

18. Jedi Knight TarynS

Jul 27, 1999
    Lunch time!!

For the Slacker it is time to eat as well!! Yess. Hmmmmm Yeesss.

19. dapper_bloke

dapper_bloke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 1999
    I managed to stay away for almost 24 hours...

even my resolve is slack...

not only did the gorgeous Hacienda write the most incredible song to the tune of one of my favourite songs (which nearly brought me to tears) but then she goes and creates a 4AD thread - honestly, I ask you - how am I supposed to stay away from that...?!!!

Hac - thank you honey... x

then I stumble across Creepio's "Head Jawa - where's the Oscar?" thread in Misc - I laughed so much and realised how much I love coming in here and being part of all this...

whatever issues I might have with the way certain people choose to administer these forums, I am not going to let it stop me hanging out with my friends...

thank you all very much for the amazing things you wrote on the previous page...

RedHot5 - please keep the website/chatroom/etc. - I don't have the time to keep it updated anymore, and I'm sure you will do a better job with it that I ever could...

d_b

[This message has been edited by dapper_bloke (edited 10-07-1999).]

20. C Creepio

C Creepio Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 1999
    YES!!!! He's back!

Thank God almighty! This is a day of jubilee!

(except for out internet guru at work, who keeps changing our internet channels and knocking me off line. jerk)

21. Jedi Knight TarynS

Jul 27, 1999
    He's back. He's back. He's back!!!! Thank Goodness! I knew you wouldn't leave us!

22. Jedi Knight TarynS

Jul 27, 1999
    Hey dapper do you have ICQ. It would be really nifty if you got it. pretty please.

23. Sandfarmer IV

Sep 3, 1999
    Yayyyyy, dapper_bloke is back. Now I get to say YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!

24. Stellar

Stellar Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 1999
    Stellar struggles to extricate herself from work, but nothing seems to help. Each effort to escape seems to bind her further. Then suddenly she invokes the word that every workplace dreads: vacation! She shakes off the last receding coils of work and breathes a sigh of relief.

hehehehehe!

So good to be back. What with one thing and another, I haven't been here as much as I would like. Been lurking, but no time to post. I think my job is getting to me. Anyway, I'm off for the weekend to celebrate my birthday which was last Saturday. Thanks to everyone who gave me b'day wishes in the last thread. Happy late birthday Sandfarmer!

25. Hacienda51

Dec 28, 1998
    I KNEW the song would work! Yay! //beer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.