main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I was just wondering.......

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Pogey, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Sorry if it's been discussed, but Why is it that in AOTC Count Dooku blasts Anakin with lighting for literally 2-3 seconds and he is down for the count(no pun intended) for a couple minutes, but in ROTJ Palpatine electrocutes Luke for a couple minutes but like ten seconds after. He can walk over to Vader. Besides, isn't Anakin supposed to be more powerful than Luke?

2. Blaine_The_Mono

Blaine_The_Mono Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    I think it's just for the sake of the story, mostly. Anakin probably wasn't prepared for Dookus attacks but Luke had been warned by Yoda not to under estimate Palpatines power.

3. Darth_Pogey

Apr 4, 2005
    thats possible

4. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Also remember that Dooku wanted to really hurt Anakin and get him out of the way, so he probably put more energy into his bolts than Palpatine did, since Palpy was basically having his fun with Luke. I think Palpatine probably didn't go to full power until he wanted to kill Luke, at which point Vader grabbed him and got the full power blast.

5. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    anakin is thrown to the rock wall as well while luke just falls to the floor. so anakin has in impact blow to recover from.

6. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Dooku wanted to take Anakin out quick to avoid having to take on two Jedi at once. (Anakin also seems to have hit the wall pretty hard, so that probably helped delay his coming around.)

Palpatine wanted to torture Luke and prolong his death for ruining his plans. Notice that 2-3 seconds of Palpatine's bolts did well to kill Vader, too.

Simple as that.

7. Annadalla

Annadalla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    OR MAYBE DOOKU WAS MORE POWERFUL THAN PALPATINE AND--

NO...ha ha ha..just kidding...I think the posts above nail it head on! LOL

8. FxxxedUpKid

FxxxedUpKid Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
  9. Darth_Pogey

Apr 4, 2005