main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Icons Thread -- Version Ten: The icons, they might eat you -- new thread!!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NYCitygurl, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Thanks. :D I should have another set pretty soon.

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
  3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!! They look awesome :D

Okay, we have literally hundreds of icons that haven't made it in yet, so I'm going to increase the voting batches a bit. Same deal as last time, check them out, pick out the ones you like, and send them in to NatalieSock by 6 p.m. Friday :)

Icon 1
    Icon 2
    Icon 3
    Icon 4
    Icon 5
    Icon 6
    Icon 7
    Icon 8
    Icon 9
    Icon 10

Icon 11
    Icon 12
    Icon 13
    Icon 14
    Icon 15
    Icon 16
    Icon 17
    Icon 18
    Icon 19
    Icon 20

Icon 21
    Icon 22
    Icon 23
    Icon 24
    Icon 25
    Icon 26
    Icon 27
    Icon 28
    Icon 29
    Icon 30

4. Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2006
    Submitted for consideration:

[image=http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/cvzdesign/icons/sharksaber.gif]

Icon courtesy of GIMER.

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That was actually already voted on last round, but thanks for the reminder!! I haven't counted votes since it's late, but the new ones should be up tomorrow :)

6. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    I'm not sure whether this is the right place to say it, but I noticed a typo under one of the icons on the first page of the "Games Icons": it reads Bastilia instead of Bastila.

7. Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2006
    :oops:

Sorry! I thought the voting was over, so I figured I'd submit it for the next round!

Everybody point and laugh at the nOOb! [face_blush]

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    *points and laughs* And it did get voted in overwhelmingly (but since I spent two hours today fooling with my damn computer, which is a problem child, it might take another hour to go up).

9. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I don't mean to be "that guy", but the Steelers icon is gone while the Cardinals icon remains. They didn't win! :mad:

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    The Cardinals icon is still up because we can't delete it. :p

It wasn't put into any category when I uploaded it, which means we can't access it in the admin panel. We'll have to get zerosleep to take it down.

11. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Just a note: a couple of those icons that I made were damaged in the process of being uploaded to the off-site. They now have forced transparencies, that shouldn't exist. Should any of those get voted up (and they should be fairly obvious), NYC, don't hesitate to drop me a PM about the appropriate ones and I'll be sure to upload undamaged versions to Photobucket for you to use.

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!!

13. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
  14. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Nat, is it all right if I request an icon?

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks, MS!! [:D]

Absolutely, Serena :)

16. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks, Nat! :)[:D]

I was wondering if we could get an Obi-Wan/Asajj Ventress icon. There's an Anakin/Asajj, but no Obi-Wan/Asajj. Maybe for V-day?

- Serena

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Also, if anyone wants to take a crack at turning this into a icon, that'd be awesome:

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/21/Tietatooscreenshot.JPG]

18. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    [image=http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq335/Master_Starwalker/2009/TIE-Tatoo.gif]

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!! [:D]

20. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    Alright, here are my new ones.

[image=http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/CloneCaptainRex/Icons/AhsokaFinal.jpg]

We desperatly need a new Ahsoka icon.

I took the most recent pic of Revan and added a lightsaber/

[image=http://s409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/CloneCaptainRex/Icons/th_Revan_Lightsaber_Icon.jpg]

And, since we don't have any Batman icons:

[image=http://s409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/CloneCaptainRex/Icons/th_BatmanDuelIcon.jpg]

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Hey guys, I know I said that voting ends tonight, but I only got a couple people, so I'm going to extend it for 24 hours in hopes of getting a couple more people.

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Okay, the first 17 or so icons are up :) The ones that have just been voted on will go up today, and I'm going to start the third set. Remember to PM your votes to NatalieSock by Wednesday afternoon.

I'd also like you ask you guys a couple questions about this style. Are you comfortable will clicking through the icons and then PMing numbers to a sock? Is the more time-consuming method of doing that balanced by not having to upload the icons to a site? Are there too many icons in each round, a good number, or too few? Is 5 days enough time to vote, too much time, or not enough? Do you have any other suggestions? (Keeping in mind that if you guys prefer DV's site, I don't have access to do this on it right now.)

Icon 1
    Icon 2
    Icon 3
    Icon 4
    Icon 5
    Icon 6
    Icon 7
    Icon 8
    Icon 9
    Icon 10

Icon 11
    Icon 12
    Icon 15
    Icon 16
    Icon 17
    Icon 18
    Icon 19
    Icon 20

Icon 21
    Icon 22
    Icon 23
    Icon 25
    Icon 26
    Icon 27
    [link=http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq335/Master_Starwalker/Bulk%20Icon%20Update/Cleaned%20Up/?acti

23. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    I think 70 is just way too many.

20 - 40 is easier. Just a thought.

Btw, Are we allowed to vote on our own icons?

24. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Honestly, I like that we are doing so many at a time. This way we are able to get through the backlog faster and compensate for the new updates (that is, until I make another 100+ update :p )

If we keep going at this rate, going through all the icons that haven't been up for voting/uploading (basically all the icons since TCW movie premiered), I think we'll be doing this for several months, maybe even into summer.

Honestly, I like the idea of the voting system that the off site had, but with NYCitygurl not having access to it, and what I felt to be a general lack of use that even scared away some icon artists, I think this system is working just fine for now. It's great to see new, quality icons being uploaded, and that is what it's all about in the end.

EDIT: And I certainly hope you can vote for your own icons. I've been doing that for years, though I try to look at them with a critical eye, and only vote for what I think I would if they weren't mine.

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yes, you absolutely are allowed to vote for your own icons. I mean, if you've got 30 icons, maybe just choose the ones you think are really good (because if you choose a whole lot of them, I'll know you're voting for them just because they're yours and that might change the way I count your vote to see what gets uploaded), but yes, it's fine :)

And the big sets are just to get us through the backlog. ThrawnRocks alone has over three hundred icons, and we've got other artists and we've got new submissions (and I PMed a bunch of old icon artists today, because I'm pretty sure that there was a bunch of stuff DV didn't get to, I just don't know what). DV did recommend that I usually do 20-40 at a time ;) But there's no way we can get through the backlog like that. Even at 50-70, it's going to take us several weeks. Once we get through it all (and since as far as I'm concerned, summer starts at 9:15 p.m. on May 7th, we'll still probably be doing this into summer) the quantity of icons in the updates will go down.

This certainly isn't the best method, but posting images doesn't work, especially since most of the icons (the ones on sites) don't allow that. Links can be annoying, though, and I would like to consider an alternative in the future. However, I don't have the technical skills to be able to build anything like what DV did (I took a look at it a couple times when he was creating it last year, but I think Tyi-Maet_Nefer helped more with that). Plus, if icon artists didn't like using it, I'm certainly not going to put any more work on them.

Also, TR, you are some kind of icon god 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.