main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Ideal age to watch the Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by oierem, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008

Haha, I had something the same but with Empire. I thought Yoda was going to kill Luke and couldn't understand why Lando betrayed his friend. Still wanted to watch it whenever I was allowed to choose what I wanted. Not even going to try and put a number on the amount of times I watched those videos from the blue box.

I don't think there's any set age and if there is it's something the individual has to decide on. I wouldn't feel right setting an age, as I can't really remember how old I was. If my future child can understand the words enough to question them and ask me questions, it's fine by me.

2. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think I was a good age to experience STAR WARS as well. While I didn't see the first film when it was new and didn't experience the anticipation between it and TESB along with the surprise, I became really fascinated by it and the toys and books and bedsheets and Underoos, and I could like everything about ROTJ without being cynical about it like people older (which I didn't know for ten years or so). By the time the Prequels came out, I was an adult so I didn't have to deal with any teenage social awkwardness at school about STAR WARS. I was still of the generation that held it with high regard before it became labeled as something "geeky" and all that stuff that use to just be associated with Star Trek.

3. The Bornless One

The Bornless One Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2013
    Today at school we were discussing Episode VII and I discovered that one of my friends hasn't seen a single Star Wars film, not any of them. He's 16, I was more shocked than annoyed!

4. CommanderXGhost

CommanderXGhost Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    I started watching the Original Trilogy when it was released in the theatres back in the mid 1990s. I was around four years old or so. Memorable times for me.
    Started me on the path of righteous Starwars nerdom. Nuff said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.