1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (11th-13th November), Adelaide (18th-20th November)

Oz Comic Con: 2017

FF:WA Ideas for next WAFFER meet

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Nat, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat Jedi Master

star 5
    OK peoples. What's next on the WAFFER diary? Chuck your ideas here, possible dates and whether you'll be turning up (as the last couple of meets have been disappointing in numbers).
  2. Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Im up for anything, but there is a bunch of people off these boards coming to the Knighthood thing at swancon... So that could be an idea, to maybe have a catch up after it ?

Yes i know its in a week.. but meh!

haha
  3. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    monday's a public holiday, so I'd be up for doing something after swancon.
  4. Jedi_Nat Jedi Master

star 5
    Well, I'm not going to swancon, and anything that doesn't invovle money is always good.
  5. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I have an idea, but it's a rather expensive idea if you want to try every cocktail on the menu.

Soup and I were talking last night about having that strange thing called a social life again, and he mentioned that a bunch of people used to go out to [link=http://www.carnegies.net/]Carnegies[/link] every Wednesday night or something and we wanted to start doing something like that again. According to [link=http://www.functionjunction.com.au/venues/show_detail.php?sNumber=412]this[/link] page they have quiz nights every Tuesday, could be worth a look.

I mean, just have a look at the bar!

[image=http://www.functionjunction.com.au/content/412/bar1.jpg]
  6. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    How about a Kalgoorlie meet. :p
  7. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
  8. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Aaaah yes, Carnegies.
    Those damn mirros always make it looks like that have more alcohol than they really do...
    ...still, a bit more than I own :(
    HeHe.
  9. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I love Carnegies. And the two-storey bar is brilliant. One day Soup and I want to go there and sample every cocktail on the menu, front and back, in alphabetical order. Of course we'll have to be rather wealthy to do that. Except on a Wednesday (I think) when they have half-price cocktails...

I'll drink you all under the table, without even trying. :D
  10. Jedi_Nat Jedi Master

star 5
    Umm, count me outta that one. I may seem like I'm a big drinker in the pub, but I don't really like alcohol that much. I'm over all that cocktails after the cocktail party.

Now is there something we can do that doesn't involve money?
  11. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Go for a walk in the park? I dunno. If I new things that were fun and didn't involve money I'd be doing them considering the fact that we are perpetually broke. :p

If you're after cheap things to do, we used to have pizza/movie nights frequently on Fridays. I'm not touching a pizza ever again, but everyone else is more than welcome to pig out on them :)
  12. sithmastersimon Jedi Youngling

star 2
    BBQ at a park = not much money involved, cricket, soccer and a few laughs, thats something I'd chuck in but then again I'm up for anything....especially if it doesnt involve money
  13. Jedi_Nat Jedi Master

star 5
    I was actually thinking of that while waiting for the movie to start at Kings Park the other night....
  14. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Before we moved here we had quite a few FFWA BBQs at our place. Good thing about a BBQ is it gives everyone a good opportunity to chat which is the main reason you want to have meets in the first place. If everyone brings a drink, salad or whatever it becomes a very cheap get together.

*edit* Just don't plan a BBQ at Simon's place. ;)
  15. Jedi_Nat Jedi Master

star 5
    I'd offer my place, but my bro and I aren't exactly talking. And he owns the BBQ that sits inside the house!

I do like the idea of a BBQ at a park or something similar.
  16. Symmbian Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Wednesday night...free, drinking...yes, sounds great.

And if the quiz night has anything to do with general trivia, I should pwn!!

On the other hand, whats a social life? Never had one of those before.

Jacen
  17. Jedi_Nat Jedi Master

star 5
    I have a Greater Union pass that I need to use up by June, so if anyone is interested in going to see a flick....
  18. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Should recreate history Nat by having a meet to see x3 when it comes out. We won't be in Perth before June but get together some of the other folks. It could kinda be a commemorative FFWA meet. For those who don't know, our very first meet (which Nat was at) was seeing the very first Xmen movie at Greater Union Morley.
  19. Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Nat we could have a barbecue here :)
  20. Jedi_Nat Jedi Master

star 5
    When does X3 come out?
  21. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think it's the end of May. The official site's got a trailer you can check out and I'm pretty sure the release date on there was late May.
  22. Jedi_Nat Jedi Master

star 5
    After checking Greater Union's website, X-Men 3 opens on May 25. Anyone up for a meet on the Sunday after it opens?
  23. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Soundssssssssssssssssss good!
  24. sithmastersimon Jedi Youngling

star 2
  25. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm pretty sure Soup and I would be up for that. He's dying to see it. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.