main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC If you had a Time Machine, where/when would you travel to?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, the time machine is tempting, but the psychic paper lets me go literally where ever I want.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Ever since I first saw Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure as a kid, I've always had these weird day dreams about what it would be like taking someone from history and showing them around in the present day. Either that or traveling back in time and teaching modern technologies to ancient civilizations.

I'd probably just go back in time to witness the great sites of the past, like ancient Egypt, the Colossus of Rhodes, ancient Rome, Tenochtitlan, stuff like that. And maybe figure out where the hell Stonehenge came from.

MrZAP likes this.
  3. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'd go way back, too. Maybe to Hellenistic or Roman Alexandria. I don't know where exactly, but somewhere along the Mediterranean in that general time frame.

4. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i would vomit into the primordial ooze

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  5. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    First-century Roman Empire and Middle East. Such a formative period in world history.

6. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    I would travel back to about A.D. 33, get Jesus to come back to 2012 with me. I'd show him as much as I could...good, bad and ugly. A warts-and-all tour of 21st century Earth.

And I'd say "Okay, you're the son of God. They say youve brought men back from the dead, walked on water, made bread and fish come out of nowhere, and ascended into heaven. That was great two thousand years ago....surely you can fix all THIS?"

And Jesus, in his great wisdom, would say that fixing the world's problems lies with our generation, and requires a change of hearts and souls. I'd be disillusioned of course. "But you're JESUS. You're THE GO-TO GUY. You're the one who is supposed to bring peace and justice!"

Jesus would look at me and say "I am sorry, my son. The greatest gift you possess is free will. For this world to be saved, it requires the will and courage of its inhabitants."

I would collapse. "But...but..."

And Jesus places his arm around my shoulders. "I can offer you some form of consolation though."

"Oh? And what is that?"

Then Jesus and I would go to Raising Cane's for lunch. His treat.

7. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    There's almost no end to the list of things I'd want to see if I could travel back in time.

Quick hits...
    Miyamoto Musashi in one of his duels.
    Hannibal's march across the Alps.
    Indigenous rituals in the Andes (Colombia specifically).
    One of the world's earliest cities like Ur.

8. Krusty_the_Clone

Krusty_the_Clone Jedi Padawan star 3

Jul 4, 2006
    I'd see Jimi Hendrix

9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    A friend of mine passed on free tickets to see Jimi because he had existing plans. This was in San Fransisco so he figured he'd have plenty more chances [face_plain]

10. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Out of all the impossible going-to-the-past scenarios that have been mentioned, only Rogue_Ten 's idea has any real merit.

11. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    To the cornfield. I'd step out onto a bed of wilting husks, limned by the afternoon sun, framed in the stalks that peak just over my head.

I'd be sitting at the edge of the fields, toying with the piece of fruit in my hand. The gentle crunch of footsteps would be enough to draw my attention.

"Who are you?" I'd say.

"You know who I am."

12. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    story of my jcc career, really

13. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    YOURE A BAD MAN!
    [image=http://anthonyfremont.webs.com/Anthony%20Fremont.JPG]
    YOURE A VERY BAD MAN!

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    After the move.

15. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Go to troy and watch the war and see what really happened. Find out if there was a real Achilles, and if there was find a way to meet him.

that or steal the body of Alexander the great.

16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I would travel to yesterday with today's paper.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I'd leave an iPod in the Cretacous Period, somewhere where I know it would be found tens of millions of years in the future, just to watch scientist try to explain how an iPod ended up in the age of the dinosaurs.

[face_laugh]

18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Or save him from being killed and allow the Holocaust to happen!

-sj loves kevin spacey

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm of the belief that if Hitler hadn't risen to power and started World War II, some other disgruntled, charismatic German would have. Sure, such a hypothetical person probably wouldn't have been nearly as genocidal so he wouldn't have specifically targeted the ~14 million minorities/political dissidents/etc., but plenty still would have died in the war's conduct. Also, he could have been more strategically competent than Hitler (not difficult post-June 1941), so Germany could have easily won.

/unwarranted serious response

20. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'd like to know if the 24th Century looks anything like ST:NG.

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I actually did travel back in time. How shall I explain to everyone? I am your father.

23. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    How do we know this hasn't already happened and there used to be some kind of SUPER-Hitler but luckily someone came from the future and killed him and now they look at regular Hilter as quaint. We should all thank our lucky stars that some brave time traveler had the nerve to kill baby Super-Hitler.

MrZAP likes this.
  24. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
  25. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    i would become the time gigolo ala demetri martin. go back in the great potato famine with a bunch of potatoes bought from the store. you know what happens next...