main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IG88

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by TheSpence, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSpence

TheSpence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    Was IG88 killed in Empire Strikes Back?

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    He was killed in the EU during the storyline of ESB. Though, it was only IG-88 C who was killed, the other three died between ESB and ROTJ.

3. __Luke_Skywalker__

__Luke_Skywalker__ Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2003
    Wasn't he killed in Shadows of the Empire?

4. SithLord-Will

SithLord-Will Jedi Master star 3

Mar 2, 2002
    Actually, (this is not official, but I've heard it several times) In ESB, Bobba was scripted to fight IG88 on Bespin, it was cut short because the IG88 animatics looked realy bad. This scene was supposed to give people a better feel that Bobba was dangerous.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, Boba did fight IG-88B in the Cloud City junk room where Chewie found C-3PO. He planted a concussion grenade inside IG-88B's body, and let it explode.

6. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    But that was just one of the IG88's, another one became the Death Star and died when the DS blew.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    According to New Essential Guide to Characters:
    IG-88A - consciousness died aboard the Death Star. His abandoned body wass reprogrammed to act as a bodyguard by Tyko Thul ('Young Jedi Knights' series)
    IG-88B - killed by Fett at Cloud City (ESB)
    IG-88C - killed by Fett above Tatooine (SOTE)
    IG-88D - IG2000 was blown up by Fett over Tatooine (SOTE) but it survived and was later killed by Dash Rendar on Ord Mantell (not sure what story this was in..)

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Dash Rendar killed D on Ord in the SOTE game.

9. schwenny69

schwenny69 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2003
    I believe they all died. How terrable it was that such a character had to die. Hmmm...

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Yep, Iggy was cool.

11. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    I think Lucas' second biggest mistake (the first being the "sister" thing) was not making the battle droids in the PT all look like IG88.

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    But there is a definite resemblence between IG-88 and Durge's droids in the new Clone Wars series.

13. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I don't know where any of you are getting this information. IG-88's not dead. He was my freakin' roommate last year at Delta Chi. Man, we sure used to party.

Rick McCallum loves you!

14. OBIX2

OBIX2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2003
    But there is a definite resemblence between IG-88 and Durge's droids in the new Clone Wars series.

Yeah,I was thinking the other day that that's where the name "IG" must come from.The Banking clan is offically named the "Inter glactic banking clan" or "IG banking clan" So,that's probably how they got there name. (I know there's an EU story on them,but maybe GL desided to change it or something.) :)

15. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Dude!! I went to a kegger one night at Delta Chi and Iggy was there. That guy just wouldn't stop! He kept chugging the beer, getting it on with the ladies, downing more beer, streaking. I passed out right as he was making his head into a beer bong, but from what my buds told me the next day, he was going at it strong until some stormtroopers came and tried to shut down the party. Iggy got all irate and left, but not before taking out a few Stormies on his way. Last I heard, he was headed Malastare.

16. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    ROFLMAO!

17. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    How terrable it was that such a character had to die. Hmmm... [/]

Sooner or later everything dies.

Boy, mr. Fett sure was a IG-killer, wasn't he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.