main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends In the Court of Lord Shimmra (updated 5/26)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sidious618, May 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    A story of heresy in higher ranks:

Star Wars: In the Court of Lord Shimmra

Prologue

Place: Yuuzhan`tar (Coruscant)

The Yuuzhan Vong warrior called Her`uk Choka locked his amphistaff with the Jedi`s lightsaber. Her`uk growled at the Jedi Knight and sliced again. His amphistaff hit the Jedi`s skull. Her`uk allowed himself a small smile and then looked for his next victim.

Dramatis Personae

Her`uk Choka; warrior (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Shimmra; supreme overlord (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Luke Skywalker; Jedi Master (male human)
    Nen Yim ; shaper (female Yuuzhan Vong)
    Corran Horn; Jedi Knight (male human)
    Nas Choka; warmaster (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Onimi; shamed on-Shimmra`s servant (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Wedge Antilles; general (male human)
    Iella Wessiri Antilles; Intelligence director (female human)
    Gun`le Bir; warrior (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Tsavong Lah; warmaster (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Jacen Solo; Jedi Knight (male human)

Part One: In the service of Lord Shimmra

During Traitor

Yuuzhan`tar

Supreme Overlord Shimmra looked at the reptillian shamed one. A nastier site every time. The shamed Yuuzhan Vong was to be killed. Shimmra did not normally overlook the execution of a shamed one. But this one had done the highest heresy possible. He claimed that there were no Gods. The overlord could not let him say this as it defied him.
    "Kill him," muttered Shimmra.
    The warrior Gun`le Bir raised his living amphistaff and smashed the shamed ones skull in. Gun`le than stood back at attention. The Overlord nodded meaning that it was time for the warrior to leave. He had done his job.
    The Yuuzhan Vong had invaded the galaxy of the infidels only a few years earlier. Once the onslaught had begun Shimmra was positive that victory was a definate possibility. Now the tables had turned though. The infidels were striking back and his own people had begun to revolt. Shimmra turned and sat back in his throne.
    It was now time to purge all those that had turned against him. But the thing that hit him hardest was now that they didn`t worship him they worshipped another group of beings. The Jeedai.

Mon Calamari- the New Republic`s capital

Luke Skywalker was deep in meditation when his wife Mara entered the room. The Jedi Master stood and welcomed his wife.
    "How are you, Mara," he asked.
    "Alright. I just got off the comlink with the Solos .They are still deeply upset."
    "Can you blame them?," replied Luke. "With their youngest son dead and Jacen missing?"
    There was no reason for Luke to finish the sentence. They both knew that Jacen was presumed dead after he was captured by the Yuuzhan Vong. His mother nor his twin sister could sense him through the Force. Yet Leia, his mother, still held hope.
    The war with the Yuuzhan Vong had looked completely hopeless once Coruscant had fallen and even before that Warmaster Tsavong Lah had ordered the heads of all the Jedi. Once they were all dead the Yuuzhan Vong would halt their invasion. Luke knew better though. Before long the Yuuzhan Vong struck again. And they struck hard.
    "Mara. Do you believe Jacen to be dead?"
    "Yes."

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Great!!! I love Yuuzhan Vong fics. I'll be reading this one all the way through.

3. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Update!

Yuuzhan`tar

Lord Shimmra glanced briefly at High Priest Jakan. The priest had come to report that the heresy had traveled farther. Shimmra didn`t need the Priest to tell him this but he let him talk nonetheless.
    "Lord Shimmra," he began, "we believe that the travel of heresy has gone faster than we thought before long even we cannot contain it.
    "No," replied Shimmra coldly. "YOU cannot contain it. Change that before I must put someone else in your place."
    Jakan hurried out of the room.

Her`uk Choka stood before Warmaster Tsavong Lah. But Her`uk was not listening to him talk about the Jeedai. Talk of the Jedi always brought back the memory of when HE had killed a Jeedai on Coruscant. It was the only one he had killed and the fact that he lived to talk about it always brought him joy. Unfortunatly what the Waramaster was saying important. Her`uk quickly left his thoughts and listened to Lah speak about a raid upon a small military outpost. An infidel out post.

Mon Calamari

Iella Wessirri Antilles hurried down the halls to her husband`s ,Wedge`s, quarters. Her hair bounced up and down the faster she ran. In both of her hands were documents telling about a Yuuzhan Vong invasion.
    She through open Wedge`s door and entered.
    "Wedge, we have a problem. Our spy reports indicate that a small band of warriors are heading towards Eriadu. Normally we wouldn`t worry but we think they might be trying to attack our spy station there."
    Wedge jumped up and hit his comlink. "Get Corran Horn down here!" He turned back to his wife.
    "Do we know how many ships"
    "Several frigates but otherwise we are unsure."
    Wedge sighed and shook his head. It was going to be tough to get to Eriadu in time. Plus there was no way he could warn them with the communications blackout. It was definatly a delima.
    Corran entered and saluted Wedge.
    "What can I do, sir?"
    "Sit down and I`ll explain."

BTW I know the story has been... fast paced or choppyish. Don`t worry that will stop once we get to the real plot. Right now I am just trying to get everyone up to speed.

4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Doesnt matter. I just can't wait for the next update.

5. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Thanks for the nice comments Spike2002

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    My pleasure.

7. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003

Yuuzhan`tar

Tsavong Lah continued outlining the plan of the attack on the infidels. First the coralskippers would engage the Infidel`s fighters. Then a Yuuzhan Vong frigate would bombard the Infidel`s base. Once it was smoking Her`uk would lead the attack upon the ground.

Shimmra waited in his court for the footsteps.

"You may leave," spoke Lah to the warriors.

Shimmra heard the steps.

Her`uk walked out of the briefing room in silence as he pondered the mission. He was glad to have the honor of leading the attack yet part of him worried if he could do it. The strategies involved would be tough. Even if he could attack succesfully many other things could go wrong. He may die, something no Yuuzhan Vong was supposed to be afraid of, nevertheless he wasn`t sure if he would die for the right cause.
    Her`uk had recently heard rumors of shamed ones worshipping the Jeedai. He had never thought of such a thing until then. But perhaps not.
    His friend Vua Rapuung had become a shamed one due to a scheme by Mezhan Kwaad. It was said that Vua had joined with a Jeedai before his death. Perhaps Vua realized that the Supreme Overlord had been wrong? If that was possible.
    A prescence broke his thoughts. He turned to see that he was not the only one to notice someone. The other warriors from the briefing room had turned too.
    Before them stood the Supreme Overlord. In one of his hands he held an amphistaff. In the other a head from a Yuuzhan Vong Her`uk recognized from the briefing.
    "Do not revolt," hissed the Overlord. "Do not scheme against the Gods." And with that he threw the head down onto the ground.

Thus ends Part 1

8. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    update wiyhin the next few days

also-feedback is good!

9. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Although not the biggest fan of the stange creatures, I am a devoted fan of my wonderful Padawan and shall be reading this muchly! Sorry it took so long to get here.

_PSK_

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, I'm a fan of the strange creatures so :p

Now UP!

11. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Well then... :p at you Spike!

_PSK_

12. PadmeSolo