main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Initial Teaser Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by deine_mutter, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Woah! This would be awesome if true... awesome. I'd take any sort of preview. :cool:

2. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/release/promo/news19990315.html

Yeah I saw it with the Matrix I think.

I mean, seriously, people, the fun of Speculating trailer is ABOVE the credibilty of deine_mutter.

Even if he is lying, I still CAN imagine a trailer DONE in October timeframe!

3. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    At the beginning of the year I stated that he OT DVD's would be out in September, Episode III would be called Revenge of the Sith, and that the teaser for ROTS would be out in October. 2 out of 3 so far in my guessing. :D

RB

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    suprise???

It's kind of like supplies, but more like surprise. Obviously this marketing guy isn't the proofreading type.

The surprise is...

....it's a boy!....wait a minute....it's a girl too! Padme you're the mother of twins! Padme? Hello? Wake up sleepy head.

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Razorback, I hope you get a full house. :D

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    You'll be three for three if this is correct. Have a cookie! :p

7. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    He said the Comic-Con footage contains FINISHED shots.

Well you said "What was the one you got wrong Razorback?"

8. E CHU TA!

E CHU TA! Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2000
    [face_laugh] i luv to see it attach to :p

Team America: World Police :cool:

on Oct 10th

Somehow I doubt that that will happen (South Park episode 609: Free Hat):

[image=http://www.indyjones.de/verschiedenes/free_hat/26.jpg] [image=http://www.indyjones.de/verschiedenes/free_hat/07.jpg]

[image=http://www.indyjones.de/verschiedenes/free_hat/46.jpg] [image=http://www.indyjones.de/verschiedenes/free_hat/49.jpg]

9. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    It will UNLIKELY to be attached to a movie... until Incredibles is out!

I think the MOST possible is we Hyperspace members see it in OCTOBER first as the Insider AD said!

However, I think that some marketing people may see it EARLIER than Hyperspace members!

10. JediHPDrummer

JediHPDrummer Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Taxi, which opens in 2 weeks is distributed by the Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.

I know this isn't huge because movies from different distrubutors sometimes preview with other distrubtors.

However, a lot of the times, its the same distrubtor. So maybe this unlocks the mystery or maybe it doesnt.

It just seems weird because Taxi doesnt seem like the movie star wars would preview with, but i guess meet Joe black wasn't huge either.

My 2 cents, either tax(oct 8), team america (oct 15), surviving chistmas(oct 22), ray(oct 29) or the incredibles(nov 5) which is where i still think star wars will be previewd on,but who knows

11. Semblance

Semblance Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2003
    This is old but interesting.

It is interesting because despite how many times people are repeatedly told that trailers aren't attached to specific films, they go on blindly as if it was true.

Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox can't guarantee where and when the new Episode I trailer will be playing in your local theaters, since trailer placement choices are up to local exhibitors--but below is the list of films for which the trailer has been recommended by Fox and Lucasfilm.

12. Razorback

Oct 2, 2001
    You'll be three for three if this is correct. Have a cookie!

No, no... I am on Atkins!

RB

13. Razorback

Oct 2, 2001
    He said the Comic-Con footage contains FINISHED shots.

Well you said "What was the one you got wrong Razorback?"

Hey now... I simply added that element to my guesses. However, I was right about everything else surrounding that presentation. I don't count that as being part of my early year guesses, anyway. That was something I stated the week of Comic Con. :)

RB

14. _Equilibrium_

_Equilibrium_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2004
    Well I HOPE ur right about the episode 3 teaser Razor. I got GREAT GREAT GREAT NEW MUSIC to do better edits lol

15. Razorback

Oct 2, 2001
    I hope I am right too. I am itching to see this thing.

RB

16. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I figured this would happen, and everyone keeps going...what movie what movie will it be out with. Most likley NONE. It will be a lot like Mystery I'm guessing, where it is exclusive to HS members *though Mystery was exclusive to TPM DVD owners* But it never hit theatres. So I'm guessing the same here.

Bout darn time!

17. BabaORileyFett

BabaORileyFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if Hyperspace members got to see the first trailer two weeks before it hit theaters.

The question is, will the trailer be an exclusive to Hyperspace members only, ala the "Mystery" trailer?

18. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I guess it's not on the DVD.

19. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    "At the beginning of the year I stated that he OT DVD's would be out in September, Episode III would be called Revenge of the Sith, and that the teaser for ROTS would be out in October."

so did everyone of us

20. THeMPIRE

THeMPIRE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2003
    Okay, so it's fine to think that we may have a trailer out in two weeks, but really, what I am most interested in would be whether or not the trailer would be any good. I mean, come on. We have seen SO MUCH stuff already. We saw the leaked footage all those months ago, we have so many spoilers, we have concept art, we have the story. Really all we don't have is MANY finished shots. This trailer probably will suck. It has two jobs if it is going out to the public (and if it doesn't, I expect another crappy unfinished shots 'preview'): Get the news out there that there is a new Star Wars movie, and get people excited and wondering what it's about. We (fans) already know both of those things. I think we may have to wait until Lucasfilm starts looking at us again. We have had our fanagasms with the title release, the leaked footage, the insider shots, all the stuff we have been given or got ourselves. Lucasfilm is gona get the public on board before it comes back to us, I think whatever trailer comes out in the next few weeks would suck. I think it will be stuff we have already seen or read about.

Point:

1. A trailer may or may not be out in a few weeks, thats not the issue. Whether or not it is good is the issue.

2. I doubt the trailer WILL be any good because we as fans have already gotten so much.

THeMPIRE

21. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    A trailer usually contains FINISHED footages. So even if we have seen the bluescreen footage before, it's still GOOD to see how it ended up in FINISHED footage.

Or, it's like one of the Indiana Jones trailer, like Behind the scenes stuff.

22. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    wait hold on this is a teaser

not a trailer

"So even if we have seen the bluescreen footage before"

you will never ever see bluescreen footage in any teaser or trailer

23. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    >you will never ever see bluescreen footage in any teaser or trailer <

That IS what I AM saying!!!

24. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
  25. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    I do NOT want it to be like the Indiana Jones (Behind the scenes) type... bring us Finish footages, PLEASE LFL!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.