main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Inter-fanforce event: Edmontooine & Tosche Station BBQ

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    When technically Is the next long weekend?
    Sept. maybe?

2. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I know sometime in september us as in the 501st are having rimby fest 2 but it would be cool if we could all hook up for a bbq. As long as its a weekend or a friday I"m good.

3. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    The weekends are best for me as I work every Friday. The Sept. long weekend might be good.

4. iRob

iRob Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Someone remind me to check from time to time to see if anyone ever gets these details set in carbonite.

Although I live in Edmonton now I still waste all my times on this board. Would be nice to hear about an event that I could actually go to.

-R

Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.
    -Yoda

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Well the details (at least the date) WAS set in carbonite... or at least we thought it was.

It is unfortunate that an event we had agreed on back in May is being cancelled in favor of something that has come up later.

6. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    The toy fair that interferes with this BBQ runs from 10:30-4:30, so I don't see why we still can't make it to Red Deer for an afternoon to evening BBQ get-together.

Was a park picked and space reserved?

7. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i'm sure you all will be tired to head all the way to red deer after such a long day, we can do it another time :) we don't mind

8. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    On this BBQ matter,

Would like to point out, that this Toy Show interferes with the BBQ greatly, I personally would have looked into getting a permit for the "Falcon", and driving North. I've been to plenty of Toy shows/Comic book conventions in the past, and only, regret not having gone to the Edmonton Toy Show back in April.

The one @ Hillhurst seems like it will be another run of the mill.
    Stuff for us, to crowd our rooms with, and spend money on. Whereas, a gathering between Edmonton & Calgary is more significant. Memories instead of materialism.

Although, I'll likely be @ the toy show ( I live... a skip, hop, and a jump away), would have traded the Toy Show for the BBQ..

Looking forward to the next rendevous.

9. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Oh but this is a meeting between Edmonton and Calgary. Lots of Edmonton 501st should be coming up for this event. And some of us are Edmonton Fan Force members as well. And...if the last time we (CFF and 501st) were all together at something is any indication of what fun we'll have, I think you can be assured that there will be all sorts of great memories from this event. And while it is unfortunate that this event lands on the same day that was discussed for a BBQ...no one said anything about it for well over a month and a half.

I see that Indy has posted a thread on the Western Forum about available dates. So everyone should hop on over and start actively planning this if you all want it to happen! It's a great idea...and I'm certainly looking forward to it. I'm gonna hop on over there and post my dates right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.