main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Introducing Jaina05

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jaina05, Jun 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran_Halcyon

Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2001
    *pats Bria on the shoulder* I understand, and I respect your oppinion. I suppose there is a difference in the oppionions of a 15 year-old guy and a 19 year-old girl (maybe I should understand better since I have a 19 year-old sister but then again she doesn't read SW books). Well this topic has certainly deviated from its original subject, ahhhh the heck with it, it was fun anyway 8-} .

2. Jaina05

Jaina05 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    Ah, who cares about me?

STAR WARS BOOKS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!

(now calming down...)

-Jaina
    0('')0

3. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    LOL, Keiran. [face_laugh] Oppinions, eh? :p

~*~Bria

4. Jaina05

May 14, 2001
    Yo

I'm starting to think my addiction has gottan out of control. I'm already 1/3 of the way through The Bacta War. (I brushed off Krytos trap in a day). Maybe I should slow down. Does anyone know if there's a support group for this sort of thing...

"Um, hi. I'm Jaina and I'm a addicted to Star War"

(Now doesn't that feel better)

;)

-Jaina
    0('')0

5. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    There is. It's called our bookclub. By the end of the week I should have a better idea of the next meeting. We will be discussing Conquest.

6. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Book club?

7. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Yes, Doright. *inserts one of the many LOL lines from the American President* Didn't you get the memo?

:D

~*~Bria

8. Keiran_Halcyon

May 26, 2001
    I'm also a book fiend J05 ! I can finish an SW book in a day, I finished two x-ing series books and started on Jedi Acadmey Trilogy (yes I've already read the JAT). I just love reading, sometimes my love of the outdoors gets in the way though.

9. Jaina05

May 14, 2001
    So why don't ya read outside?
    :)

-Jaina
    0('')0

10. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I just finished Cloak of Deception. I thought it was great. It was nice to get a good look at how things got the point they where at at the beginning of Ep1.

11. Keiran_Halcyon

May 26, 2001
    The problem with reading outside is skeeters. I live up NORTH and they're a heck of a lot worse up here than in my old hood in St. Paul. It's all good though, however much time I spend doing other things I always read from 10 'o' clock to 12 every night. I just finished DMSH , it was great! Took my bout day and a half, I would of had it done sooner but I had to go to work. I heard there is a book about Darth Maul that it written right before Shadow Hunter could anybody tell me what it is so I can get it.

12. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    You're talking of an online book called Saboteur. It's like a prequel to Shadow Hunter. I didn't read it. It's not very long (55 pages). And how important it is???? Beats me (hands off that stick, Femme).

13. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I didn't read Saboteur either. I tried to, but I ran into problems getting it, and I haven't pursued it.

I loved Shadow Hunter. It was great. Especially the ending. [face_devil]

Currently I am reading Cloak of Deception, which I want to have finished by the time Rebirth is released. :)

~*~Bria

14. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Actually, Saboteur is more of a prequel to Cloak of Deception. Both are written by James Luceno. Saboteur deals with Sidious' manipulation (using Maul) to get a mining company under the Trade Federation and hints at some of the corruption going on in the Senate. It's fairly decent. I don't think it's necessarily a must-read, but at less than 2 bucks, the price is right.

Phil

15. Bria

May 15, 1999
    This is Bob Barker reminding you to help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

Sorry... you said the 'price is right,' and my mind just ran. :D

~*~Bria

16. Jaina05

May 14, 2001
    Ah...

One more book to ad to my very, very, very, very long reading list. :)

ONLY 15 DAYS TILL REBIRTH!!!!!!!!

-Jaina
    0('')0

17. Keiran_Halcyon

May 26, 2001
    Thanks for the info concerning Sabotuer and thank you Bria for that pet control thing. I'll remember to do that the next time my dog humps my leg LoL :D . Just finished The Phantom Menace book and now I'm working on Rogue Planet . I'm going to get Cloak of Deception as soon as I'm finished with RP. Then I'll read Rebirth and then I'll read.....hmmmmm I think I've read just about everything. Dangit! it's so sad when you finally have exhausted all the SW novels out there, never thought I'd see that day 6 months ago. Well thanks again and cu

LaTeR

18. Jaina05

May 14, 2001
    Only 13 & 1/2 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Man I have problems.....o welll :)

btw RP is cool. Lots of NJO connections.

-Jaina
    0('')0

19. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I was a bit disappointed in Rogue Planet. Most of it's relevance seemed to because of the njo info. ;)

~*~Bria

20. Jaina05

May 14, 2001
    Hey this is off subject again but who care? This is my thread anyway....right?

:D

Anyway I was watching soulth park last night and they had Terrance and Phillip in their own cartoon series and they were attacked by goat people who bore an amazing resemblence to bothans.

I really need a life.........

-Jaina
    0('')0

21. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    You forgot about the most blatant Star Wars reference when the Earth Day people use the Jedi Mind Trick to gain support for their cause.

Phil

22. Jaina05

May 14, 2001
    I know. I only caught like 5 minutes from that show though. I really want to see the rest of it.

-Jaina
    0('')0

23. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    What, all of 'em, Keiran? Even the old ones, from before Zahn? :)

24. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I've been reading Star Wars novels in chronological order for the past two years. I count 80 books, including the novels and the short story collections, plus the 3 Dark Forces, the Darth Maul: Saboteur e-book, The Illustrated Star Wars Universe, and The Essential Chronology. That's not including the children's books (which I didn't read) or the comic books (which I did). I currently have 6 books to read before I catch up.

Phil

25. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Geez, Phil, I kinda wish you hadn't counted those up. That makes me aware of the depth of my own SW reading addiction. It certainly is a scary thing.

I have also read these children's books:
    the oldest and super cheesy series of 6 by Paul and Hollace Davids;
    over half of the Galaxy of Fear series (not all of them b/c they are a bit hard to come by);
    all 6 of the Star Wars Journals as "written" by Leia, Luke, Han, Anakin, Padme, and Maul;
    both of the Star Wars Science Adventures;
    the 6 book Junior Jedi Knights series featuring Anakin Solo, and where we become acquainted with his friend Tahiri who has recently made her appearance in the adult fiction series;
    and of course, the entire (except I have yet to acquire #14 which has only JUST been released and I have yet to see it in stores) Jedi Apprentice series which tells of Obi-Wan Kenobi when he was Qui-Gon Jinn's padawan.

I also read the comics, but I am super far behind in getting caught up with those. In fact, I'm falling further behind, because new comics are being written, illustrated, and printed faster than I'm acquiring comics.

Ah, well, at least I'm caught up on the books. (Except for one itsy-bitsy accidentay - I can't seem to get a copy of the Young Jedi Knights Jedi Bounty.) Whatta meesa saying? At least I'm caught up!!!!! As someone mentioned earlier in this thread (JGem maybe?), it's awful being caught up and waiting ever so impatiently for the release of the next book. Come on, JA #14!! Come on, Rebirth!!! I'm dying here...

A couple other tidbits:

I think the SouthPark character Kenny is reminiscent of Corran, except that C never actually does get killed. K should be so lucky. And if the almost killing of C seems repetitive, how about the discovery and annihilation of various "killing machines" in the SW EU ?!?! Give me a break. That's probably my biggest EU pet peeve.

Obviously we're all different in the books that we like, but thankfully the SW EU is large enough to have something for everyone. I myself loved the Wraith Squadron books. Not only for the humor either. I found the characters to be very very well-written, and could really relate to the Kell Tainer character, who too often would base his actions on the beliefs of his "bad mind" rather than his "good mind". I loved the KJA X-Wing books too, of course. I also loved Rogue Planet.

And although I can relate to anyone finding the reading of The Two Towers difficult, I accomplished my first reading of that at about age 11, and never even bothered to keep count of the many times I've read the Trilogy since then. But I've only read The Silmarillion one time, and that was just 1 or 2 years ago. I started it many many times only to put it down in frustration. But when I finally read it, I loved it! Go figure. And as long as I'm on non-SW literature, I had the same experience with Wuthering Heights. Couldn't get into it, couldn't get into it, then suddenly one time - BAM!, couldn't put it down. One book I still keep picking up and so far putting down is Moby Dick. And one that I've forced myself to get through is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Personally I don't recommend it, but at least it was fairly short. I absolutely loved her ideas, I just thought the execution (her writing style) sucked. Ok, ok, enough non-SW!!! ;)

I enjoyed Darth Maul: Saboteur and would recommend it. Definitely worth the price!

Whew! Was that ever a long post! You'd think I was unemployed or something! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.