main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Iron Man Movies

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    They have a Drew Struzan quality in terms of the composition, which I like. The second, Internationl poster is superior IMO as the arrangement of figures is more dynamic, and does not place the female lead so prominently in the mix.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I agree- that second poster is pretty awesome, but the first one is odd since Gwenyth is so prominent.

Jeff Bridges continues to look so unlike himself in these pics- he looks a lot more olike another actor who I can;t quite place the name of off the top of my head.

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    A little under 2 months away! [face_dancing] I'm liking what we've seen so far.

4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [image=http://img.hi-fi.ru/news/2001-04/john_malkovich_conair05_id.jpg]
    [face_whistling]

5. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    German poster. I think it looks pretty good compared to the two we got last week.

[image=http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa94/SLL77/Film/GermanIronMan.jpg]

Source: ImpAwards

IESB has two new TV SPOTS

Spoiler TV has some exclusive new Iron Man Promo Pics

6. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Hi-res poster:

[image=http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/7415/hr_Iron_Man_final_poster.jpg]

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Picked up the official novelization last night. Good stuff :cool:

8. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Was it an adult novelization or one of those young reader books like the PT did with each movie? Also can you answer just a few questions?

*How does Iron Man finally beat Iron Monger?
    *What is mentioned, if anything, about The Mandarin?
    *I remember some rumors about some sort of cameo for Nick Fury and/or the Hulk. Does anything happen with either of those characters?

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    It's the full adult novelization.

As for your questions:

*They duke it out for quite a bit. Eventually, they make it to the rooftop of a power plant and Iron Man starts ripping out power/hydraulic lines on the Iron Monger armor. They continue to fight. The reactor is about explode but Pepper Potts stops it by doing some stuff that causes an EMP. This pretty much disables both suits. Part of the roof starts to collapse. Iron Monger is on that part and falls into the building and right into the reactor.

*The Mandarin isn't mentioned directly by name at all. The main terrorist who is in charge of the group that kidnaps Tony Stark is a pawn you could say or servant of the Mandarin. The terrorist's organization has a flag that has 10 interlocking rings on it. He mentions the Mandarin as "master" and/or the one he reports to. Definitely going to play a large part in future sequels.

*No mention of the Hulk or Hulk-related characters in the novel. S.H.I.E.L.D. is definitely in there. Although the actual name isn't said until the end of the book. Throughout the story, there's an Agent Coulson who is trying to get in contact with Tony Stark, but always ends up missing or not getting to him. He wants to talk to him about how he escaped from and what went on during his kidnapping ordeal. Eventually they meet up at the end of the film. No mention of Nick Fury. However, I think they might have used Agent Coulson as an alias/substitute in the novel so as not to give away the surprise in the film.

10. Darth_Hydra

May 14, 2001
    Thanks for answering my questions! :)

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
  12. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    The clip is exhilerating! Two hours of that kind of stuff and my heart may just pound straight out of my chest.

13. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Another clip at Apple.com

HD Links:

http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/iron_man/iron_man-clip_h480p.mov
    http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/iron_man/iron_man-clip_h720p.mov
    http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/iron_man/iron_man-clip_h1080p.mov

Great stuff

"Sometimes you got to run before you can walk"

14. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    It's the best super-hero movie since Spider-Man 2, maybe of all time. I cannot believe how exhilerating this thing looks.

This creative team should make Avengers next. =D=

15. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Indeed....this looks very entertaining.

16. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I'm not sure I am seeing the same footage you are. :p

17. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    I cant wait till this movie comes out. Im a big fan of Iron Man. I'll probally be the first one to see the movie because im so into it, lol.

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The novel is out in the UK. I saw it on a table in Books Etc.

19. Darth_Hydra

May 14, 2001
    Newsarama has got news of an Iron Man cameo footage in the new Hulk movie. I wonder if they might be planning an eventual Iron Man vs. Hulk movie, or even an Avengers movie with the Hulk as the villain/antagonist, or if this is just something for the fans that'll never go further than a cameo.

Edit: Another possibility is that this is/will be just a deleted scene. No matter what the case is I hope we get to see the footage eventually.

20. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    With Thor now in pre-production, there's no reason why there can't or shouldn't be an Avengers film in the near future! Soon we'll have all the major Avengers in their own films; bringing them together would be a perfect way to set up Captain America and the events of the early Avengers comics. But I'm getting ahead of myself here. :p

21. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I was just thinking about the possibility of an Iron Man vs. Hulk movie. It's probably to early to speculate since neither movie has come out yet though. It would be really cool to see some giant Hulk-buster aromor though!

22. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Or a Hall of Armors :cool:

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    According to Entertainment Weekly, Downey makes a cameo in the Hulk movie as Tony Stark :cool:

24. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    That sounds pretty cool. I wonder if both movies are successful whether a Hulk vs. Iron Man movie is a possible future project?

25. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Given that they are hinting strongly at the Mandarin in Iron Man for a sequel and the Leader in an Incredible Hulk sequel. Wouldn't be surprised if they had Mandarin and Leader teaming up in a Iron Man/Hulk movie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.