main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Boba Fett really dead....?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Jan 2, 2014.

?

Did Boba Fett die in the belly of the Sarlaac?

1. No, Boba Fett escaped and should be part of the Sequel Trilogy

63 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. No, Boba Fett escaped and his post-Jedi adventures will be part of a Spin Off film

81 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No, Boba Fett escaped but his post-Jedi stories should be left to the EU

27 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Yes, Boba Fett is Dead... Let it go

141 vote(s)
    38.6%
  5. No, Boba Fett is still being digested, as he will be for another thousand years or so

53 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    not related:

don't get me wrong being eaten alive is a horrible painful death but in reality you'd fairly quickly from suffocation and if not that it'd be a few days via dehydration/starvation right?

there's no way Jabba's poor guards are still being slowly digested alive. ;_;

it's funny how ROTJ is all around more tame than the other films but that entire Jabba sequence is pretty ****ed tbh.

Seeher likes this.
  2. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Somebody on the Story Group panel compared Fett's post-RotJ fate in the new canon to Schroedinger's cat: he is both alive and dead until they find a story that will confirm it either way. Basically leaving it up in the air for now.

3. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I'm afraid Battlefront doesn't seem like credible evidence to me. I'm sure I can also play as Mace Windu, Count Dooku, Kit Fisto and whoever on the Battle of Jakku...

4. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    Quantum superpositions, we don't need their scum.

Dak Oolron and hippie1kenobi like this.
  5. Jabba the Pizza

Jabba the Pizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2015
    You are wrong. In the movie they mentione that the allmighty Sarlacc keeps its prisoners alive and digests the Sloooowly.

dekaneas likes this.
  6. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    BF is dead and if not , he is too old to play any major role in the upcoming episodes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

well no ****. I've seen the movie. :p

it says that they will "discover a new meaning of suffering as they are slowly digested over a thousand years" (might not be exact wording). to me that never made sense because even if it takes your body that long to be digested you would die by being suffocated (being inside a giant creature and being drowned in acid and all that) or eventually just by starving if the rest isn't enough. I looked it up of course and EU stuff explains that it gives its victims nutrients to keep them alive- not only that but it starts reading minds and tormenting them mentally too. that's so ****ing stupid lol I mean nature is cruel and all but evolution isn't a conscious thing where things are meant to be tortured as long as possible. the slow digestion thing makes sense because it can't move to actively seek prey, but the torture stuff is dumb. I get that they were creating tons of tension in the scene, but too far George. I mean we all know he is bad with women but isn't just the thought of getting eaten by a giant toothed vagina enough tension? do we really need to add the 1000 years of torture part? how the hell am I supposed to feel happy at the end of the movie when everyone's celebrating when I know Boba Fett and that other dude that Luke threw in (dick move btw Luke) have been getting tortured the whole time and still have 9,999.9 years to go? it's totally out of place, like Anakin killing younglings but worse. one of the major points of Star Wars is that death is a natural process and we're all one with the force and blah blah and then they just basically damn people to 1,000 years of hell lol. even in Lucas's far grittier Indiana Jones this would be out of place. although only in the EU do they confirm that it literally keeps you alive for 1,000 years and that doesn't count so w/e.

8. Dlabno83

Dlabno83 Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2015
    Okay is it safe to say that Bobba fett wasn't killed in the ROTJ as he was seen in the trailer for Battlefield on the Jakku level? I'm sure I've read this level was based after ROTJ. If he was to be stranded at Jakku for whatever reason it might back up the theory that Max Von Sydow's character could be Fett himself?

clone3131 likes this.
  9. Jabba the Pizza

Jabba the Pizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2015
    You can take adrenals which increase strength, speed, stamina which means Boba can still rok as the best bounty hunter in the galaxy!

10. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Yeah, I found his appearance in the game trailer quite surprising, too! At this point, who knows why/how he was there, but it definitely appeared to be Boba Fett. As you mentioned, he could always be a bonus character that is not necessarily intended to be canonical.

Keep in mind that, at least according to the old EU/literature, sandcrawlers were originally used by miners and were abandoned. The Jawas came across them and used them for their own purposes. So perhaps we'll see sandcrawlers elsewhere in the GFFA without Jawas necessarily accompanying them (or being set on Tatooine).

11. AdmiralSteven

AdmiralSteven Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    I think they should have let him die. All this is is a money maker, plain and simple. Surely there are other bounty hunters in the galaxy. I mean, the galaxy is a big place after all.

12. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The fact they animated him in a cutscene gives more weight than if he was just shown running around in multiplayer gameplay.

Trebor Sabreon and WriterMan like this.
  13. Coruscani Garbage Man

Coruscani Garbage Man Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2015
    Wait what Kit Fisto will be in the game?? I want to be excited tell me this is the case!

14. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    The thing is we have no idea how the Battlefront level works, like maybe there's a scenario where you play the 'real' Battle of Jakku, but maybe the footage we see is representing a Skirmish mode where you can pick whatever Dark Side hero you want. Or maybe they just threw it together for the trailer, not thinking beyond 'let's show that you can play as Fett' and not meaning to represent a real place you can play him.
    I think it's incredibly likely Fett will be resurrected at least for new-EU novels and comics eventually just out of popularity. I was near certain he was going to get the first spinoff, but didn't, that doesn't mean he won't get a later one but i'm less sure. In the main movies, i originally voted 'yes' but now we've seen that awesome Chrome-trooper probably named Phasma who likely fills the role Fett would have. looks and a bit like him, but in a 'homage' way more than a 'is him' way. So if Phasma sticks around for more than one movie, it's unlikely we'll have this trilogy's Fett-type-character alongside actual Fett.

15. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

He would be in his late-60s in TFA. Which is about the same as Han's age. Why couldn't he be around and doing something interesting in the ST? (not that I'm advocating it, but, his age is the least of the concerns)...

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  16. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011

I don't think anyone wants a scene where Boba's ass is on fire.

17. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    You could play as Fisto in Battlefront 2.... I hope he will return!

Who would Fett be after on Jakku..? Unless he somehow is Cyborg Von Sydow...

18. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    That wasn't Jakku in battlefront was it? There was a Sandcrawler behind Boba so I assumed it was Tatooine. Anyways, I guarantee that Boba gets his own anthology film, he is too big of a marketing opportunity to turn down for Disney, hell they might even do him some justice and have him kill someone. Ridiculous how he was handled in the OT.

19. scorpiusfett

scorpiusfett Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2015
    If boba is dead then how was he the best bh in the galaxy, his supposed death is not the same as jango's who was also ment to be the best... yes both got to confident by getting involved to fight a jedi with stuff going on in the background, not realising the effect that could have, boba wasn't watching what was going on behind him, to focused on killing luke, so it was bad luck that han accidentally activated boba's jetpack, then got eaten...

do i believe he is dead? no because imo he was the best bh, he got eaten by the sarlacc with his armour and remaining weapons, a monster that digests its victim for 1000 years, and is why jabba was feeding the heroes to it for them to suffer..

how i would have him back? a complete suprise, idea 1: a cameo in one of the new trilogy films, the new heroes enter a alien bar to get information or get a drink ect, us viewers then notice boba sitting there, either telling someone the story of how he got eaten and escaped or left to the viewers mind as to how.

idea 2: he has a minor role in one of the trilogy, and hes after 1 of the heroes either for revenge or money again/favour for a hutt,,

3rd and last idea: his own film which either starts from the scene he got eaten or just after he's escaped and lying in the sand,

20. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I hope he is, I don't want to just rehash a bunch of stuff 35 years ago. I am glad they have the old characters in there but I really don't want to do more of the same. Seems like a silly stretch to bring him back even though he is well loved. Just my opinion

21. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I turned another year older recently and in my gained wisdom, I decided to embrace teh suk and begin conditioning myself to enjoy Boba Fett. It is inevitable that he is going to be shoved down our throat, so instead of continuing to be befuddled about the correllation between his fan base and his incredible buffoonery in RotJ, that I will work to enjoy him.

So, I ordered this shirt. I actually think that it looks kind of cool.

[​IMG]

starocean90 and LottDodd like this.
  22. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  23. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    With everything going retro back to the OT and the original ideas and Ralph M drawings - and with the new bust out - I wouldnt be surprised if we see Boba Fett in white armor in the ST...

-C

24. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    No. That's Phasma, essentially... The "super stormtrooper" that Boba was originally.

Also, WOW I missed a lot of "Boba on Jakku" talk over the last couple months, tho I saw plenty on social media with E3. No Battle of Jakku footage has been released from the game yet, so Boba's obviously not on Jakku. He makes perfect sense on Tatooine, however.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  25. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    Like this.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but I posted this somewhere a while ago.

"It is said that in the Boba Fett stand alone film (s?), the 'Boba Fett' name, and armor etc. is a mantle to be passed on. I think it's likely that the original, Jango Fett clone Boba Fett died some time between Empire and Jedi, and the Boba Fett we saw fall into the sarlacc was a completelyndifferent person.

The difference between the Empire Boba, and the Jedi Boba are striking, and have been trash taked, commented on, and debated for years. In Empire, Boba Fett is a stoic, unfeeling bad ass. In the Jedi Special Editions, Lucas tacked a ladies man act onto his sudden incompetence. The possibility that these Fetts are two different people is extremely high.

Also, there's the issue of physical appearance vis-a-vis Temura Morrison and Max Von Sydow (there's a rumor MVS is going to play Boba Fett) . You can't change your entire ethnicity and accent just because you fell into a giant, gaping maw. I know they said something about "cybernetic modifications", so, I guess we'll have to see.'

TheBBP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.