main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Is Darth Plagueis the strongest Sith in Bane's Order?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Graves101, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BedlamSpirit

BedlamSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2011
    Well, remember Plageuis's ultimate goal was to overthrow the Celestials or some enigmatic trascendant race that oversee the Force and get true immortality. Plagueis's story was what allowed Anakin to be seduced. In the novel though Plagueis dies we don't know about his spirit unlike other Sith Lords, of course most evidence tell us he just went to Chaos, but we have no confirmation yet.

Plagueis wanted to rule over the Force while Sidious ruled the Galaxy and Empire, with him being a power behind the throne. Sidious initially feared Plagueis survived bodily death.

So a way to present Plagueis as a villain for new episodes could be to ask the question, what if he did?

As far as I remember, Plagueis wanted himself to rule the Force and Sidious the physical. Assuming that when he died he somehow managed to reach his goal, wouldn't he have fulfilled this? I mean, assuming he just became like the Celestials guiding The Force without no one knowing it, it would be just exactly what he wanted.

After all no one says anyone, including Sidious had to know about this. It could had been better for him to Sidious think he really got rid of him so he could dedicate himself to rule the Galaxy while Plagueis guided the Force, like it was his plan. Plagueis could had been guiding things behind the scenes without anyone being wiser.... until episode VII of course.

If Plagueis was written as a villain in this saga, I think this would be the way to do it.

Or a similar villain could be the Celestials, reveal they have been manipulating the Galaxy like some chess and is time to bring them down and for the Force to oversee itself without needing some elite race masterminding.

Circular Logic and darthvenki like this.
  2. darthvenki

darthvenki Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2013
    A very good idea.. Plagueis somehow managed to dominate the force... :) this is so cool..

3. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Plagueis is my favorite but not the strongest. The point of rule of two was to get progressively stronger masters. Sidious was the last true master hence he was the strongest.

4. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    I think that Sidious was the strongest, myself, but I don't see many others being able to surpass Bane himself, even though, like you stated, the whole point was for the order to become progressively stronger. Until we see more works about the Bane Sith, we won't know how strong the rest of them were.

AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  5. BedlamSpirit

Oct 14, 2011
    Stronger in techniques and techical knowledgement, yes. Strongest in potential and dangerous knowledgement?

Plagueis discovered how to ascend to Celestialhood, something as far as we know no one ever in the Galaxy ever did.

6. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    He didn't discover how to ascend to celestial like status, bc if he did he'd be a celestial. Celestials don't get killed by a sith lord. They can't die. Plagueis had the most knowledge of creating life and midichorians but that doesn't translate to the strongest or most powerful

7. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Pretty sure Celestials can die.

8. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    I've never seen anything suggesting otherwise. Especially one mortal

9. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    We've never seen a Celestial at all, but it's believed they're immortal. (Though as we've seen in various forms of fiction immortality can take many forms.)

Not sure what this silliness is about Plagueis achieving the status of the Celestials, as he was nowhere near that. Maybe he wanted to one day, but that doesn't really mean anything because he didn't. Palpatine wanted to replace everyone in his empire with a Dark Side Force User, still failed in the end.

10. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Um we haven't seen anything at all. You just are assuming they are immortal? If they are immortal then why havent we seen one? Also, The Ones, who were believed to be a higher version of Celestials were not immortal. They were all killed. I don't know where you get your delusions from, Laser Brain.

11. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    Laser brain? That makes me sound smarter than I actually am. I like that since lasers can essentially store infinite amounts of information, forever. Now from my understanding the ones are beneath celestials, but idk. From the little information there is it seems like they are immortal. Basically they just are the fabric of the universe. Neither living or dead, they just exist.

12. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Yea "laser brain" was an insult Leia used on Han...

Anyways, can you point to any evidence to back up what you said?

13. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    Just from reading the little on it in wookiepedia. It's my interpretation which in the end could be wrong. Just my thoughts on it

14. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012

Also, the word "immortal" never appears once on the Wookieepedia page about the Celestials....

So where did you get these notions?

15. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    It's noted in FOTJ that Jacen believed no mortal mind could comprehend everything, in reference to a Celestial being capable of doing such. Opposite of mortal? Immortal.

16. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    This is not a rational argument in defense of the immortality of Celestials. Jacen is a Sith and liar, a manipulator. Also these are just thoughts of his, not fact. Nothing else backs up this statement. The fact remains that they were not immortal and there is no proof that they are.

17. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

This was Jacen's opinion before FOTJ or LOTF, so saying he's a Sith, liar, and manipulator doesn't hold up.

"The fact remains that they were not immortal" for someone who admits we've never seen them, you're very quick to go around proclaiming facts about them. That's not a fact, just an opinion based on nothing really. We've never seen them, it's been stated they were extremely powerful and immortal. Those are statements that can't be passed off as facts, and i'm certainly not attempting to, but they are part of the information that's been given on the Celestials and should be taken into account. You asked where the opinion that the Celestials are immortal came from, and I answered you. Nothing more. It can't be proven they are immortal, and it can't be disproven either. In terms of why we've never seen them, it's also been stated that they now oversee the Force and aren't in the physical realm anymore. Also not a fact, but a piece of info we've been given on them. Even then, not seeing something means absolutely nothing when you're talking about an ancient alien race.

18. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    Shocker a sith has a rational cohesive argument without resorting to name calling and condescendion.

19. BedlamSpirit

Oct 14, 2011
    Discovering how to do something and doing it is entirely different. Plagueis said he couldn't do it until the Great Purge (he needed to wipe out or at least heavily weaken the Light Side to do it apparently going by what he said). This is what I said he is the most dangerous in knowledgement (he had the most dangerous knowledgement) if he had actually ascended he would be plain the most powerful Sith Lord ever, period. He didn't which is why he only gets credit for his knowledgement.

20. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    In my opinion ; yes he is.

And also according to book cover ;
    [​IMG]

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  21. AplagueOnTheWise

Oct 27, 2013
    He was the most powerful until Sidious.

22. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Darth Zannah did it to Darth Bane[/quote]

what he said.

23. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    According to Sith ghosts on Korriban*, Darth Sidious was killed by his apprentice and he has no right to claim the title of most powerful Sith Lord. They came to the conclusion Darth Vader is a way cooler member of their order and its a shame about the light side thing.

Aka trolls

24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    If Maul makes it into the Sequel Trilogy, he will have proven himself to be the strongest in Bane's Order.​
    SurvivorMaul.JPG
    Or, at least the hardest to kill...​

25. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

If we're just looking at that then i'd say Vader takes the spot. Dude lost all his limbs and was burned alive, yet still lived through it. Maul's got nothing on him.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.