main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Is Disney Giving into Peer Pressure From (OT the only crowd)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DrunkenJedi92, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrunkenJedi92

DrunkenJedi92 Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2015
    I heard 3P-0 was talking crap about them today at the cone, and Haydan and Ewan were not on the guest list.

Honesty, all the toxic is really getting to me. I've identified with a'lot of the prequel characters and love the world they painted. I feel like the hipsters have comply bullied us and now Disney has chose them as there market as appose to us who like variety in our Star Wars.

The whole time during the second teaser, I was hopeing for some CG-I thing to pop up. Nobody complains when Marevel does it.

It's just so depressing. I remember when Sith came out, everyone loved all the trilogies. Now cause of the Nastalgia Critcs and the Pinckets, all those wonderful story elements are going to be discard.

It's really freaking sad. I hope I'm wrong about Disney and Abrmas, because I think the biggest victems are the Star of the Prequels. Haydan, Portman, Neison, Ewan. They are just a much apart of Star Wars as Chewie or Han.

I want to enjoy the new movie, but not if it's going to follow such limiting rules.

2. DrunkenJedi92

Apr 18, 2015
    Also. I'm new here and I'm sure this topic comes up alot. I hope this form will welcom me and my Star Wars options. Long before Game of Thrones, Ponies, or anything, Star Wars has and always will be my first and favorite fandom.

Long live the Force!

jon-ron and JEDI-RISING like this.
  3. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    What did Anthony Daniels say? Can you post a link?

In all honesty, JJ liked the OT better and is trying to return Star Wars to its roots. I really doubt Red Letter Media and the Nostalgia Critic (whose video was about finding things to like about the PT) really have that much influence among the vast population. The PT had their detractors even in 1999.

Another way to look at it is that the PT was very heavily pushed for the past 15 years, and now the OT and ST get a chance to be the big dogs in Star Wars.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't think so Rebels and the books have so many references to the PT its amazing.

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, and that obnoxious attitude on their part is pretty obvious. I'll vote with my wallet.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The PT era has gotten a lot of material in the past 15 years: movies, books, comics, a five-season TV show.

The OT era has gotten...what? A couple of books and comics, if that?

Moving back into the OT era or later would be a natural progression for Star Wars no matter who bought it.

7. Mr341987

Mr341987 Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2015
    This being a sequel trilogy it seems like a natural progession to borrow more from the original trilogy then the prequels which were 6 to 4 movies ago.

I for one think every film of the prequel trilogy has had its moments.

8. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I hope not, but sometimes I do feel that way. They act like it's the only Star Wars era out there which it's not. There are tons are eras out there. PT, Dark Times, Clone Wars, Old Republic, post ROTJ, etc, etc.

I'm hoping once TFA comes out things will calm down, but we'll see. Also, from we've seen in the trailer, I get a PT vibe, so that makes not worry so much, but again we'll see in exactly 8 months today...wow! [face_dancing]

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The OT seems more relevant right now due to the chronology of this next film and the marketing it requires. It it unlikely that it will be pushed as hard in the leadup to 8 or 9.

The status of the PT or OT as equally important parts of the saga will not be changed by the release of the ST.

10. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    The sequel trilogy, in my opinion, should be balanced, OR create an atmosphere of it's own. To be honest, I don't want the ST to lean too much towards either existing trilogy, it should just be it's own thing.

11. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    from what i see and from the comments by Abrams it seems it's going to be an OT look. I would of liked to see more progression in vehicle design, plus some more artful stuff like we saw in the PT too. I think the PT had both looks by the end.

12. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I think the PR stuff about practical effects (as if the PT had none) is going a tad bit overboard, but in terms of the actual teasers a lot there that reminds me of the prequels. I haven't been following Celebration, but that would indeed be disappointing if the prequel actors were not invited. Hopefully that isn't true.

FRAGWAGON and Alienware like this.
  13. mes520

Nov 3, 2012

There was TCW panel. Also Ray Park was there, but Natalie, Ewan, Hayden, and SLJ were not. Have they ever been?

Ian is, but that's because of ROTJ.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Natalie and Hayden are both new parents, not sure about Ewan.

There could be other reasons for their not being at Celebration besides "Disney hates the PT."

15. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    The big name prequel actors mostly hate Star Wars and have better things to do with their time (and easier ways to make better money) than come to conventions. No one you're mentioning has been to a Celebration unless they were actively pushing a movie that they were in, and even then I don't actually recall Ewan or Natalie being at C3? Correct me if I'm wrong.

16. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    isn't Hayden living in L.A.?

17. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Hayden wasn't at C4 and that was in LA.

18. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
    Hayden is a new parent. Natalie's son is like 4.

Anyway, I just googled it looks like he was at Celebration II.

19. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Yup, and none of the four celebrations since then.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i remember he was at Celebration II walking around in disguise.

21. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Liam Neeson said he would gladly go back to SW if he was given the chance

Samuel L Jackson tweeted a photo of himself holding his old lightsaber prop last May 4th

Christopher Lee said he really enjoyed playing Count Dooku

22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    If anything the ST villains have a very artistic, sleek almost PT look. I suspect we'll see some elaborate costumes and interiors which may further reflect this.

Ewan and Hayden could be working right now.

Also, Ashoka was a big part of the Clone Wars and she is a part of Rebels. Same with the some of the clones too.

Given that the big 3 original trilogy characters are in the ST it makes sense for Disney to swing back this way. We'll see some CGI for sure, but I'm happy big filmmakers see the opportunities to use both practical and CGI now.

23. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    Christopher Lee is in his 90's and does not leave the UK anymore.

TX-20 likes this.
  24. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think much of it is simply because the films they are doing first happen to take place after Jedi, not a diss to PT fans as many seem to be taking it. PT Era has had a good run already and will likely again in time.

25. DrunkenJedi92

Apr 18, 2015
    Thank you all for commenting. I'm sure there will be a balance, and hopefully we will get some cool spin-off films.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.