main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Is Force Ghost Anakin happy?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Xenor, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Xenor

Xenor Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

Do they still feel emotions as ghost?
    I wonder if Anakin is happy because he is still conscious but Padme is still gone, forever.
    Maybe he decides to lose his ghost form so he can die completely?

2. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    of course they still feel emotions. their spirit left their body (that's how i interpreted it). and we dont know if force ghosts can communicate with the dead. we dont know if there is an afterlife beyond force ghosts in the star wars lore. in the original cut of RotJ, the old Anakin(Shaw) seemed happy. He finally saw through Palpatine's lies fully and took him out, and became one with the force. He did what the prophecy foresaw and eradicated the galaxy of all Sith.

3. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, I suppose he'd be happy with some things but not with others.
    He looks quite happy at the end of ROTJ. He doesn't look ecstatic, exactly, but after everything, I wouldn't be.

I believe they (Force ghosts) have personality and emotions as their earthly forms did.

Deliveranze likes this.
  4. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    he was about to tell me but the clock chimed

our hour was up. :(

in all seriousness it appears that "ghosts" in the GFFA have emotions and worries as they did in life,

so I would suspect Anakin feels happy to be redeemed, glad that his son has chosen the right path, yet still feels remorse/guilt for the atrocities he committed.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Low key planning for Luke to fail the next Jedi Order......

Anakin IS Snoke confirmed!!!!!! :eek:

Padme501st and mihaitzateo like this.
  6. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I doubt he'd have any reason to be happy. Sure he gave the Rebels one HUGE victory and made it easier for them to beat the Empire, but he still helped enslave the galaxy for 24 years and committed untold amounts of atrocities. I imagine his final lesson from Ben and Yoda would be how to forgive himself and move on.

7. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    Emotions are the result of hormones interfacing with neurons. Since ghosts lack both, the answer is no.

Their smiles are an illusion.

8. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
  9. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    I think his face says it all, really.

Antpocalypse and Evening Star like this.
  10. Antpocalypse

Antpocalypse Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2016
    I love the PT and I love Hayden's acting but I never understood why they left in such a creepy smile and him looking in a totally different direction? I mean I have zero issues with Hayden replacing Shaw but they could have done it a bit better so he actually looks happy and not weird. Like didn't they check the footage before releasing it? Or was it intended for Hayden to look like that?

Even if he was intended to look a bit creepy, why in the hell is he looking in the other direction from Obi and Yoda? This is all so confusing.

Deliveranze likes this.
  11. AniLukeRey

AniLukeRey Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    I'm really curious about this in the new canon. I hope we get to explore it. In my opinion, they do feel emotions (what's the point of them becoming force ghosts if they don't). As far as whether or not Anakin is happy, I personally feel like when he died he was very happy because of Luke. But I think after that, he probably had to come to terms with his life, and that must have taken a very long time. But because he is "one with the force", he may be more calm than he was during life.

Regarding his smile at the end, I believe George Lucas just took some footage of HC and popped it in there- and HC didn't even know he was going to be in it. So yeah, very awkward.

12. DarthCricketer

DarthCricketer Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2016
    Well, let's look:
    [​IMG]

I'd say he looks happy. So, there, he is.
    Basically, try avoid reading too much into things; in its original context in R.O.T.J., I'd say that he was.

13. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I'd say so. He had redeemed himself, and was now finally at peace.
    You'd be correct. Specifically, he took footage of him trying his costume on, them cut and pasted his head on to Sebastian Shaw's (the original ROTJ Anakin) body.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Not a prequel discussion - moving to SW Saga.

15. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Anakin ghost was happy than,but seeing how his grandson,Kylo fell to the dark side,considering he is following in his footsteps,I do not think is happy anymore.

16. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    mihaitzateo

I agree. He probably thought "Ben, why didn't you tell me..." (how to communicate with my grandson, so I could tell him to stop meditating with my helmet and other things)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I think he is happy. Happy to receive a second chance to talk to his son and daughter without trying to kill them. [face_laugh]
    On the topic of Padme I would think he can choose to join the cosmic force any time he wishes and effectively join with her for eternity.
    Though I really want to see his ghost in episode VIII or IX I wouldn't be surprised if he did just that at some between the films.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  18. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Yep, I think a force ghost would still feel emotions to a degree. The picture above of original Anakin in ROTJ shows pretty clearly something of happiness/relief. Hayden's Anakin does look a bit weird lol, but there is happiness there to me.

19. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

"Good thing Luke never learned what I did back in the Jedi Temple or I probably wouldn't be here, now. Heck, that deal worked out much better than I could have possibly imagined, now I have immortality and finally got rid of the breathing apparatus" :D

20. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Well, I'd say that they could always go back and reshoot Hayden to get a better Force Ghost now that he's older, but I know that wouldn't fly, so...

I thought he looked shy but happy and didn't think he looked creepy, that's just my mileage.

I think the point of being a force ghost is that your personality and spirit remains instead of just being absorbed back into the Force. So I would imagine that includes emotions.

21. AniLukeRey

Feb 6, 2016
    Force ghost Obi wan was just the same as real Obi wan. He even sat on a log and chilled with Luke. I feel like they are basically the same as being alive, except they don't have to worry about eating or dying (duh) or transportation, etc. From their perspective, they may feel more "alive" than being alive, since they are one with the force.

22. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I'm not sure how happy I'd be if I had to exist for eternity as a ghost. Seems like it'd be pretty boring. All you do is give exposition to the protagonists.

DarthCricketer likes this.
  23. AniLukeRey

Feb 6, 2016
    Who knows if that's all there is to it though. Maybe they are all getting high off the force and its awesome ;).

DarthCricketer likes this.