main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is This All There Is To Love? or I Love You But ... ( An Obi and Jemmy Story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Glad is June, Feb 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    I was going to wait until next week to post this but I have quite a bit of it written already so I thought I would go ahead and start this today. Thanks to Jemmiah and Mouse for the use of Jemmy, Simeon and Rela. This takes place a few months after "Someone To Watch Over Me" and before PM. Some of the idea for this story came from 2 of Jane Jinn's stories. Khain and Arun are charactors from "Hospitality", Tai'hal is from "What Is In A Name?"

Is This All There is to Love? or I Love You But ?

"Hello, Gorgeous?" Simeon leaned over and kissed Rela.

It was a long kiss. It didn?t end until the cat calls, whistles and "Get a room." remarks from the patrons of the bar ended.

"I?ve missed you." Rela said still in Simeon?s arms.

"I?ve missed you too. Can you get off early?"

"Nope. 3 servers called in sick. I?m locking up. Which is just as well." Rela tilted her head to a table in the back of the bar. Someone in Jedi gear sat alone. His hood pulled up over his head. "I think someone needs to talk."

"How long has he been here?"

"About 4 hours."

"What?s he drinking?"

"Hot spiced munja cider."

"All night?"

"He?s had the same cup in front of him all night. I don?t think he?s taken half a dozen sips from it. After an hour I put a cup warmer under it to keep it hot."

Simeon let out a low whistle. "Must be serious what ever it is. Did they have a row?"

"I don?t know when I asked what was wrong he said he was tired and wanted to be alone to think."

"Did you call Papa Bear?"

"You know if a certain master ever hears you call him Papa Bear you are going to be meditating into the next century." Rela laughed. "He said that "Papa Bear" is still on Ethmettu visiting his God Children."

"I didn?t think they were suppose to be back for a couple of days."

"OH!" Rela?s eyes went wide.

Simeon looked at Rela. "What is it? Don?t give me that look, love of my life. I know when you say, OH!, like that something has occurred to you."

"I?m beginning to think you know me too well." She tugged on his braid.

"For every one thing I do know about you I think there must be 10 I don?t. What is it you were thinking?"

"I was just thinking maybe he came back early to see her before she left."

"So."

"If you got done and came back early from a mission what would you do?"

"That?s easy. Depending on the time of day I?d head for here, the track or your apartment to be with you."

"Would you call first?"

"I don?t know. Maybe not if I wanted to surprise you. Would it make a difference?"

"To me no. You know I?d love it. But to her?"

"OH! I see what you?re getting at. Well, I guess I?d better go see if I can get him to say something."

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oooohhhh, I love it June!

And Papa Bear...that is perfectly fitting. Rela's comment about Simeon meditating into the next century should a certain Jedi Mster hear that is hysterically correct!

Post often, post soon.

3. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Well, would you look at this? I stumbled into pre A New Hope stories again!! I shame myself! ;) ESpecially since it intrigues me (must be the mush ;) ) Looking forward to more June!

4. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Well, I always say you can't have enough Obi/Jemmy stories! I'm just thrilled there's such a category now :)

Great start June! Made me want to give Obi-Wan a big hug, poor boy. And it's lovely to see Simmmy and Rela get on so well!

Like Leona I am also looking forward to more :) :) :)

5. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Me, too! :) Yay!

6. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Obi-Wan sat staring into the mug. All night he had been trying to figure out what it was wrong with him. No strings Jemmy had said. They were happy just being together free to come and go as each pleased. But tonight he wasn?t pleased or happy. Yet he wasn?t angry or sad either. What was he? Why wasn?t what he had right now enough? Well maybe he was a little sad. If Emma had lived things might be different. No. Obi-Wan closed his eyes. He mustn?t think of Emma now. She would only bring tears of grief. He knew himself well enough to know if he went down that road he?d get drunk and stay that way until Qui-Gon got home. The mind healers were right about that. He used Emma for an excuse to drown pain he didn?t want to face. The odd thing was he wasn?t in pain either. 4 hours he had been sitting here trying to figure it out. He was no closer to answers to his questions than he was 4 hours ago.

"Hi, Obi-Wan. Well, wish me luck. Tonight?s the night. Man, what a day we had in the infirmary." Simeon looked at his friend. Obi-Wan hadn?t even recognized his sitting down with a nod. "An-Paj went on a rampage. Said there were too many love sick padawans in the infirmary. Said he was have us all made ? " Simeon stopped. Obi-Wan hadn?t moved a muscle. "After that we did a Gamorian head transplant on an Elfin body." Still nothing. "Anyway I?ve decided to have mine died green what color are you going to chose?" The punch line to a crude old joke that never failed to make Obi-Wan laugh. Still no response. Simeon sat a few minutes not saying anything.

Suddenly Obi-Wan became aware Simeon sat in front of him. He frowned. "What?"

"Hello, to you too. Glad to see you back on this planet."

Obi-Wan rubbed his face with his hands. "I?m sorry. I?ve just been thinking about things."

"What kind of things?" Rela came over and gave Simeon another drink. Before she left she kissed him. She gently ran her hand across his back as she left.

"That kind of things." Simeon gave Obi-Wan a puzzled look. "How you and Rela are together. How most couples are together."

"And?"

"Hum?"

"Usually statements like that are followed by ?and how? , say, Jemmy and I are together. But you and Jemmy are very affectionate in public. So I know it can?t be that."

Obi-Wan didn?t say anything.

"That must have been some fight you and Jemmy had. You usually give me a blow by blow account as I patch you up."

"I didn?t mean just being affectionate. Besides we didn?t have a fight."

"So why are you sitting here alone. Where?s Jemmy?"

Obi-Wan closed his eyes. No that was a mistake. He looked a Simeon. "Probably in bed." Obi-Wan looked away.

It had taken Rela pointing it out to him how Obi-Wan?s eyes changed with his emotions. Gray meant his friend was sad. Simeon had never seen Obi-Wan?s eyes so gray before.

"So why aren?t you there with her?" OPPS! "Sorry you don?t have to answer that."

"No, I don?t." Obi-Wan looked back at his friend. His eyes narrowed a little. "You?ve known all along. Haven?t you? You and Rela have know all along."

"Look Obi I?m sorry I ? "

"It?s okay." Obi-Wan dismissed it with a wave of his hand. "You are both Jemmy and my friends. The problem is between Jemmy and I. It wouldn?t be right to ask you or anyone else to take sides. I doubt knowing sooner would change things."

"Obi, Jem, is Corelian-"

Obi-Wan?s eyes became green. "I am so tired of everyone saying "she?s Corelian. They live by different rules." She was raised in the Temple since she was 10. What about the rules she learned there? What about what the example Evla set for her." Obi-Wan?s eyes went back to their gray color.

Simeon had watched with fear and relief as Obi-Wan?s eyes changed color. It was good to know someone was living in the body sitting across from him. Stirring Obi-Wan to anger was better than having him sit here in a melancholy state showing nothing.

"Obi-Wan, it takes Corelians a long time to say, I do. But most once they make that comm

7. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Oh dear! Looks like there's trouble ahead... :) Never tangle lightly with a Corellian!

Keep going June, this is really great!

8. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Poor Obi-Wan!

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I agree,poor Obi-Wan.

I only wonder if no strings, be with whoever you want would feel as good to Jemmy if she knew Obi was enjoying himself with someone else???

Great post June!

10. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    Awwww!!! I feel so sorry for Obi! Please post more soon!

11. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I'm so happy that you started posting this June!

Poor Obi! Things have just got to get better for him someday!

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    *shakes head in frustration*

What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here? I thought this was after STWOM, and that Jemmy and Obi were finally together again :-( I'm ticked at Jemmy now. How can she do this to Obi and claim that she loves him? After all they've been through? It's ridiculous, and I really want to smack her hard.

Well, I guess Obi has a case of unconditional love. Too bad Jemmy doesn't. :-( That girl is messed up! I thought she was finally able to act sensibly after STWOM, but I guess not.

I want to tell Obi just to ditch her, but then I love them when they are getting along and are together. *shakes head again*

13. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Amidolee, you sound a lot like Rela. There's a reason I started to write this you will see later. They have been happy for awhle.

14. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, I'm intrigued, and waiting for more! I liked the way it took a long time for Obi-Wan to notice Simeon sitting there. And the way Rela ran her hand over Simeon's back as she went by. Good details! Qui-Gon as Papa Bear made me laugh!

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    You know that song "One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies? Well, some stuff in there really reminds me of Obi and Jemmy.

It's been one week since you looked at me
    Threw your arms in the air and said "You're crazy"
    Five days since you tackled me
    I've still got the rugburns on both my knees
    It's been three days since the afternoon
    You realized it's not all my fault
    Not a moment too soon
    Yesterday you've forgiven me
    And now I sit back and wait till you say you're sorry

It's been one week since you looked at me
    Dropped your arms to your sides and said "I'm sorry"
    Five days since I laughed at you and said
    "You just did just what I though you were gonna do"
    Three days since the living room
    We realized we're both to blame, but what could we do?
    Yesterday you've forgiven me
    'Cause it's still two days till we say we're sorry

16. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000

Now they were getting to the reason Obi-Wan had spent the evening sitting alone.

"What happened this afternoon?"

"We got done with our mission early. We had planed on stopping on Eathmettu to see Arum and Khian and their children."

"Those are Qui-Gon?s God Children aren?t they?"

"Yes. Anyway the ship we were to connect with wouldn?t be in for 4 or 5 days. But I was restless. I knew Jemmy would be leaving for Corelia before we got back. I wanted to see her before she left. If I didn?t it would be 3 more months before I saw her again. Unless I got a chance to go to Corelia. We had already been apart for a month. After a couple of days of seeing how anxious I was Arun had his pilot take me to a system to catch a freighter that was coming directly here. I called the track and they said she had headed home to pack for her trip. So I went straight there."

"Without calling first."

Obi-Wan sighed. "Yes. Without calling first."

"I suppose from the way you are now she wasn?t alone."

"No, she wasn?t alone. I didn?t even bother to ring I didn?t think I needed to. I?ve spent more of my free time at her place than I have at the Temple since we got back together. The door recognized my hand print." Obi-Wan was quiet again.

Simeon didn?t ask any questions. If Obi-Wan wanted to tell him the rest he would. If he didn?t Simeon figured it wasn?t any of his business in the first place. But sometimes it helped to say things out loud to a friend.

Obi-Wan looked Simeon in the eyes. "Simon promise me, give me your word as a Jedi and an Apprentice Healer you wont tell anyone the rest of what I say."

"Not even Rela?"

"Do you tell Rela everything?"

"Just about. It doesn?t feel right to have secrets from her." Simeon smiled. "Though she usually asks me to stop telling her about some of the surgeries I?ve had to do."

Obi-Wan laughed, a sad laugh Simeon thought. "That?s one of the things I was talking about. Jemmy and I well we don?t do that. We don?t tell each other everything." Obi-Wan pushed back his hood. "Speaking of Rela reminds me I should pay up so she can close out."

"I don?t think the cost of a mug of cider is going to bankrupt the bar." Simeon teased.

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I demand more!

18. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Me too!

19. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    But I just Posted. Well I said it was mostly written so maybe alittle more today.

---------------------------------------------

Obi-Wan smiled and reached in his pocket for some credits. He felt a small box he had forgotten about. "When you sat down you said that tonight was the night. What did you mean?"

"So you did hear me." Simeon looked down at his drink. "Maybe we better talk about it some other time."

Obi-Wan sensed that Simeon was concerned that what he said might hurt his friend. The only thing Obi-Wan could think that might be was, "You wouldn?t be thinking of asking a certain red headed cantina bartender/owner to marry you, would you?"

Simeon smiled. "I guess I should practice my shielding. I didn?t want to mention it now since?"

"It?s all right. So how are you planing to accomplish this mission? Certainly not at her apartment with Mrs. K. listening in."

"Force No! I?ve worked out the whole thing. I?ve already talked to Mus and arranged for Rela to be off the next couple of days. I?ve rented us a room at the Galactic Star. Arranged for room service to have a meal waiting on us. Over desert I?ll pop the question. I just wish I had a ring to give her."

"Sounds nice. But what excuse are you going to give her to explain going to the Galactic Star?"

"Oh yea, I haven?t told you. It was official this morning. You are now looking at Healer Cates. I passed all my finals and start my residency in a week."

"Wow! Not an Apprentice any more huh. Well congratulations Healer Cates."

"Thanks. I called Rela this morning as soon as I thought she would be up. Told her we would go some place special tonight to celebrate. Still wish I could have found the perfect ring to give her. I?ve looked all over Coruscant. Maybe the Force wants us to pick it out together and that?s why I haven?t found one." Simeon was speaking more to himself than to Obi-Wan.

"What?s so hard about picking out a ring?"

"I want it to be something she will be comfortable wearing. It has to be sweet and practical both. Her hands are so small a lot of the engagement rings I?ve seen would be gauche."

"It will come form you Simeon, Rela will like what ever you chose. She?s not hard to please when it comes to gifts."

"No she?s not. That?s why I want it to reflect her personality."

"This is really important to you, isn?t it?"

"Yes. I can?t say exactly why but it is. I know it may sound silly but I keep thinking if I can make her happy with the ring I give her I can make her happy other ways too."

"Seems to me you make her happy plenty of ways, Simeon." Obi-Wan raised his eyebrows and flashed a grin.

Simeon couldn?t believe he blushed. He never did that. But his feelings for Rela were so special they made him feel shy. He didn?t mind Obi-Wan?s teasing remark. It was good to hear his friend joking. Simeon paraphrased what Obi-Wan had said to him earlier. "I didn?t mean those ways."

Obi-Wan pulled the small box from his pocket. "What do you think of this?"

"Oh, Obi, for me? I didn?t know you cared." Simeon said in a high pitched voice. He opened the box it held a thin ring with a setting of 6 very small emeralds encircling a small diamond. "This is perfect." Simeon said getting serious. "I was looking for something with emeralds because her favorite color is green. The diamond makes it an engagement ring. Where did you find it? How much did you pay for it? Do they have more similar to this? Wait a minute did you buy this to give to Jemmy? Were you going to ask her to marry you again this afternoon?"

20. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Well? Well? Well??

What are the answers!?!?!?!

:D

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    As soon as Simeon started talking about a ring, I knew Obi-Wan was going to offer his. :(

I don't like Jemmy being so disloyal. How can you love someone but then just say "i love you, but let's see other people, too". It's like saying, "I like having you to fall back on, and I know you're always going to stick by me, but I don't have to respect your feelings. I'm doing what I want, and I just won't commit."

Okay, I'm not going to go further into it, but I really want to slap Jemmy.

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    This story is flowing superbly June!

I love seeing Simeon all gushy over Rela. They're so cute together!

And I'll have to agree a bit with Amidolee. Jemmy shouldn't be doing this to poor Obi.

23. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I'm not saying I agree with Jemmy's atitude. My 6 foot 2 with eyes of blue,little Snookie, and I are more like Rela and Simeon. But you have to remember Jemmy still thinks of herself as a Jinx and anyone who gets too close to her will die.

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    *ami walks over to Jemmy*

K, listen up, girlie! You're NOT a jinx. Didn't Obi Dearest convince you of that in STWOM?

I know you're not agreeing with Jemmy, I'm just really fed up with that girl. *shakes head* So what if I torture Obi, too? I really thought that by the end of Someone To Watch Over Me that Jemmy had finally gotten all this nonsense through her head. She's even worse now it seems.

:(

25. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    She's going to get a LOT worse, believe me! She's well and truly screwed up, Amidole! :( She's just not in control of her feelings at all (for which you can blame her brother).

Keep the posts coming, June!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.