main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga It Started With a Kiss--response to the JeChr Title Challenge and the Order 66 challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Title: It Started With a Kiss
    Characters: Ana, Yrin
    Timeframe: ROTS
    Summary: Ana looks back on the history of her loss.
    It started with a kiss and it has ended in disaster.

Stars curse Yrin. It's all his fault.

It started with a kiss because he thought he was madly in love with me. He was right about the mad part, on both our parts. As soon as I figured out that he wasn't drunk beyond the point of reason, I knocked him senseless for being so presumptuous.

If it hadn't started there, he would have never tried ever so subtly to drive me insane with his almost-advances and his careful coquettishness. He would have never gone three years as my partner, making me fall in like with his very subdued sense of humor and affectionate ministrations.

He wouldn't have decided to ask me to marry him. I wouldn't have accepted after the fourth proposal, when he finally did it in a more romantic setting than a battlefield.

We wouldn't have had Tarin. We wouldn't have seen ourselves in those blue eyes and mischievous smile every time we visited him in the creche.

We would have never forged this half-hilarious, half-perfect bond between two people sharing the same soul.

It would make holding him now so much easier if my happily-ever-after had nothing to do with him.

Instead, this is the hardest I will ever have to do.

I thought the hardest thing was feeling Tarin's spike of fear that was followed by the ripping away of my innermost part, but apparently, there are more mortal wounds.

It was something of a miracle that we were able to fly this ship at all, since I came very close to losing my mind as we were boarding and probably alerted every clonetrooper on Corellia to our presence with my screams.

I hated him for not leaving me behind to be killed as my son had been, but he kept screaming his own protestations that he would not lose me as well.

Instead, because he started it with that kiss, I'll have to lose him as well, instead of simply not caring.

There was no warning, except the murmur of voices and the statement, "It will be done, my lord."

Before we could ask what had to be done, we were both shot. We are dying of different injuries because we were simply too stupidly stubborn to let a gutshot and flank wound slow us down.

The ejection seats on the shuttle were meant to be activated at a higher altitude, but we were falling too fast to care about that.

We don't speak about our injuries, because we both know that mortal wounds are best left undiscussed, but we both know that we're wondering what will kill one of us first.

He, knowing me too well, remembered my fear of dying alone and dragged himself from his ejection seat to where I lay crumpled beneath what was left of my own after I slammed full-force into the ground with it pinned beneath me.

"You're not doing this alone," was what he whispered in my ear as he tried to pull me free.

I had no idea if he meant dying or hiding from our 'loyal' clonetroopers who had gunned us down, but the sentiment was appreciated.

I was not strong enough to turn in his arms, so we did not try to move, only lay exhausted by the effort of survival in each other's arms.

We didn't even speak, had no great testimonials or declarations of love because we'd lived them instead. I rested my gouged head beneath his shattered jaw and hated that, with my head injury, I couldn't do anything to help his punctured lung fill with air.

"They're getting closer," was what he probably said, but I could barely understand anything through the ringing in my ears.

"We better get moving," I retorted thickly.

"To cover?"

"To the afterlife," I corrected.

"Oh, I think they're here to give us our surprise going-away party," he countered.

"I hate surprises."

"I know."

"Care to help me...move out?"

He stiffened, but couldn't pull back to stare at me.

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"I love you."

"I know."

My breath cought in my throat because he was so still. I thought for a moment that he

2. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ana, Yrin and Tarin Llyr are both mine, but nothing else is.

3. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    It was really well written, and it was great. Wondergul fic. Sad though, but gstill good.

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks. I wrote these two six years ago and Yrin was the one killed, but thought it would be more appropriate after ep3 to have them die together.

5. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Another good story from you.

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks, Dally.

7. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Well, that was sad, and quite good. Another forbidden Jedi marriage, hmmmm? And one that led to another tragic end.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, maybe they shouldn't get married at all...

9. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Liked the idea of knocking Yrin senseless once she was sure he wasn?t just drunk.

Terrible images of a mother feeling her baby die through the Force, and a father desperately trying to not lose his wife.

Very sad thoughts that if she hadn?t cared, and if she hadn?t ?got? him, then she wouldn?t have had to lose Yrin as well.

Liked the devotion to each other that their thoughts are of each other rather than their own pain. He could have stayed put but instead he dragged himself to her. She didn?t consider how much her gouged head hurt, just that she regretted not being able to help him breathe.

Hoping that Yrin had a nice powerful thermal detonator for his own death, take the surrounding area and the surrounding Clones with him.

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    _JM_--Liked the idea of knocking Yrin senseless once she was sure he wasn?t just drunk.

Yeah, it's a very Ana thing to do. She's based on me and my friend Jen. The other day, a guy tried to bite me while flirting and I whacked him across the head so that he ran into his plate of food.

Terrible images of a mother feeling her baby die through the Force, and a father desperately trying to not lose his wife.

Yeah. I wrote the idea for that plot point back when I was 18 and I'm glad that, now that I have a more accurate sense of how to write emotion, I was able to bring it in again.

Very sad thoughts that if she hadn?t cared, and if she hadn?t ?got? him, then she wouldn?t have had to lose Yrin as well.

Yeah. She cares too much.

Liked the devotion to each other that their thoughts are of each other rather than their own pain. He could have stayed put but instead he dragged himself to her. She didn?t consider how much her gouged head hurt, just that she regretted not being able to help him breathe.

Thanks. I liked those points as well.

Hoping that Yrin had a nice powerful thermal detonator for his own death, take the surrounding area and the surrounding Clones with him.

That would have been easier, but remember, he stabbed her while she was laying on top of him, so it probably ran him through, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.