main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA IT'S OFFICIAL!! C-IV IN L.A. MAY, 2007!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll be the first to say it. PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SUCKS IN LA!!! Do not rely on it! Rent a car and drive. Yes, you'll have to fight traffic. Yes, you'll have to pay $20 parking. But if you're planning on wearing a costume and carrying all the goodies you're going to buy, you'll be glad you have a car. If you rent a car, you can get a hotel in any of the cities in the suburbs of LA such as Pasadena, Burbank, Santa Monica, West LA, etc.

EDIT: I wasn't the first to say it. JT said it a few posts above this one. Sorry for reiterating it. Downtown LA isn't as bad as everyone's making it out to be. Especially around the convention center. It's not THAT bad. It's a good area to pick up hot dogs wrapped in bacon cooking in onions on cookie sheets with a portable butane burner.

2. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I may be free this weekend, where/what time were you looking at going, VK?

3. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I heard from the fellow pacific RSA that you will be doing a guide of LA from the website thank you for doing this.
    I know when I am there I will be comparing LA to London :p

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    VK,
    I'd like to help out, but I don't know if I can go this weekend. If you need me to check out any of the downtown hotels, I can do that. I've been in the following:
    Standard
    Omni (formerly the Intercontinental)
    Bonaventure
    Biltmore
    Those are all nice hotels.

5. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    For those wanting to make a trip and see more of SoCal than just LA they may want to look at staying in the OC or even in areas like San Dimas (Wild Stallions!).

I'll just be driving in from the IE, doesn't take to long, will prob dump the car in Pasadena.

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    JR, concur with your recommendations. I'm thinking that an actual "walk in and look around" would be very helpful for everyone.

NP and JB, the road trip would have to be after 12 Noon -- got "stuff" to do until then.

Sunday is also OK, if that would be better for anyone.

7. HardwareStoreJedi

HardwareStoreJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2006
    I'm available, although later that night my husband's got a gig. His gig's on the West Side and it's FREE so maybe you'll (and by you'll I mean everyone within the sound of this forum) want to go check it out.

Ritual, Junko and Freehead (the latter is my husband's band)
    June 3rd
    Silent Partner Studios
    11054 W. Pico Blvd. (near the famous cross-streets of Pico & Sepulveda)
    West LA
    Freehead goes on at 9pm.

Freehead consists of Richie Hass on Bass, M. Segal on drums, and Jim Smith of Ren & Stimpy fame on guitar. All three of the guys sing.

A week later, there will be an event at Taix Restaurant and Lounge in Echo Park. This will be a biggie. I'll post on that separately.

8. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Summer, Fall, and Winter will fly right by us! WoWsers LAFF is on the move! Oh yah! I [face_love] the LAFF!!!!

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I plan on starting this trip up around 1 PM, beginning at the convention center and kinda working our way outward, getting a feel for that area first. Subsequent trips can tackle the places to stay (and park -- parking is going to be important) further out.

If anyone is indeed interested, especially NP -- I could pick you up at your place, it's close -- just post, thanks!

10. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Sounds like fun, I am definitely up for it. :D

I can actually take the DASH or the 81 up Fig to meet you there it that's easier...

11. HardwareStoreJedi

Mar 10, 2006
    Where at the LACC are we going to meet at 1pm? We should figure out a meeting place. Like, for instance, in front of the big glass doors at South Hall? I will be taking the Orange Line to the Red Line to the Blue Line route.

12. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Does this work for everybody? I will find a place to park and then walk over; we can do "the tour" at the CC and then branch out. Who's got cameras?

I think we should plan on being there around 1:30 PM. I may get down there as early as 1, but I can't be sure. I'll have a SW shirt on so I can't be missed LOL.

13. rizzo3232

rizzo3232 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2005
    Thank you guys so Much for all your help.What a Team we have. I will buy the first around when we all meet.

14. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    I have a digital camera and I will plan on arriving between 1:00 and 1:30pm. I'm not 100% sure where these big glass doors are that you're talking about but I will check out the LACC map and I'm sure I'll be fine. :p

EDIT: This is Saturday/tomorrow, right?

15. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Turns out I can't go in thisroad trip (BeSo took a last-min gig at Fangoria), but I'd definately like to go on the next one! This weekend I'll try to gather the info posted so far and move it to the LAFF board.

16. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yes, it is tomorrow, the 3rd.

17. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Excellent...this is really exciting. :D I still can't believe that this will be happening in our city less than a year from now.

18. HardwareStoreJedi

Mar 10, 2006
    OK, I will bring my video camera, my shoulder rig and my stabilization (poor man's steadicam) rig. Will be shooting mini-DV tape.

I will be wearing my t-shirt with Tux the Penguin as a Jedi.

See you there!
    Michelle aka HSJ

19. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    What are you guys doing at Fangoria?

I may be there tomorrow if I can fit it into my schedule.

20. Adrian_Skywalker

Aug 11, 2004
    Ahhh Snaps!!! You Go LAFFers, Go! On the move again! Well tomorrow morning I have to go somewhere with my mom. So if Im around the LACC (Los Angeles Community College??) J/K Convention Center. I'll give VK or NP a ring (your cell numbers are the same right from CIII?) So I'll keep in mind 1-1:30PM.

21. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    We aren't sure yet...this was so last minute, we're still waiting on our passes sine qua non. BeSo will most likely be around where Steve Niles or David J. Schow is. My guess.

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Hey guys, I forgot the big Home Show is at the convention center this weekend. Instead of the doors in front of the South Hall, maybe we could meet on a street corner or something? Figueroa and Pico, for instance? What do you think?

23. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Fig and Pico is fine with me. :)

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Great, hope HSJ sees this message. Otherwise, we'll meet up at the corner and then walk over to the doors. I'm leaving here around 12:15, and will check messages up until that time.

25. Adrian_Skywalker

Aug 11, 2004
    Will do my best to make it there by 1:30. My mom and I are gonna run a quick errand and then I will drop her off at home. Then it shouldnt take me that long to get there. So if anything goes out of plan and I cant make it I'll give ya a ring. See you there! Corner of Fig and Pico!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.