main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    My oldest son is graduating from college in a few weeks. My youngest son is "graduating" from eighth grade. Because the oldest son is being showered with gifts, the youngest son has expectations about being similarly showered with gifts. But he's not really graduating from anything. Nothing has been accomplished.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    So you're saying the situations are pretty similar.

Diggy , solojones, tom and 4 others like this.
  3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I've always hated the religious solicitors in campus the most because they're the least straightforward. A young woman just came up to me, struck up a conversation, and five minutes later finally brings up that she wants me to go to her church. Just shove a flyer in my face like the others, God dammit. I'm on my lunch break! Don't waste my time.

solojones and DarthTunick like this.
  4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    There was just a bit too much caffeine in the iced vanilla coffee "smoothie" (at a Winchell's, it's called a Chilla) I had about 90-minutes ago.

3sm1r likes this.
  5. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I lost my favourite pair of sunglasses. :(

3sm1r likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Ugh! That sucks

7. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Thanks, Juliet. [:D]

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    It's my grandma's birthday at a nice restaurant, but I couldn't go because I have food poisoning from eating turkey sticks :(

Diggy likes this.
  9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Feel better.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So yesterday walking to second job, I nearly collided [face_hypnotized] with a gentleman who looked almost exactly like my beloved Dutch screamer Martin Van Drunen: if he wore a suit and had shoulder length white hair (instead of much longer white/silver hair). :) The fact that this guy was speaking German to a friend made me even more clumsy as Martin seamlessly shifts between German and English when he performs live.

The strange thing was I had his band Asphyx on the brain when this collision nearly happened. :p

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    What's with trouser pockets lately ? They seem to be made of inferior quality , another hole in a pocket , coins dripping through .

One thing I envy about women is handbags ! wish I could have one , but no , I have to carry everything in pockets .

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The self-order kiosk at McDonald's is a joke; it's much more convenient to order at the counter.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    oooooh !
    my neighbour just came round 'cos their internet is down and they wanted to know if they could use mine "what's your password?" . They might as well have asked to borrow my underpants .

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    On my way to/from the opticians in a neighboring town I have to take a road with fields to either side for about 1/2 mile. Apparently the farmer who owns the fields decided to muck them for the oncoming planting season. (It's just what it sounds like). Ever try to drive, hold your breath, and wind the car window shut at the same time? Doesn't work well. At least i had the window up on the trip back. (Yeah, I know about automatic windows. This car predates that option on a VW Golf).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  16. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    When the cops hand gesture to people they've pulled over to wind down their windows these days, I bet half the living population doesn't even know what the gesture means.

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's probably true, at least in countries with modern cars. The supermarket I do my weekly grocery shopping at has car wash guys in the parking area who will do a hand wash for £5 or so. (They also have an automated wash near the petrol station). One guy there - I think he's Nigerian from his accent - waves at me each week. He used to have a car identical to my Golf - says he misses it.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yay! school assignments gave me a computer virus on my main machine and backup through Chrome. :rolleyes: It's bad enough I pay $1k per credit full of lazy assignments that feature broken links, ancient web pages and what not, but a virus too? [face_party]Go, College.

Added bonus: the anti-virus software won't tell me which back up was corrupted so I have to wipe that drive too (there goes all the digital rips of my Hong Kong movies.).:mad:Will have to erase and destroy that drive.

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I walk past a bar every night on the-way-to-work, and I always get bummed out when I pass it... always sounds so fun in there; everyone's having a better evening than me. :p

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    They're not. They're just talking about how they need to run errands and pick up a few things at Target.

poor yorick, vin and CT1138 like this.
  21. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    Getting stuck in a regional airport for four hours. There is nothing to do here at all.

22. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    wasted an afternoon looking for trousers . it's very hard to find trousers with horizontal pockets , they've all got those sloping pockets so when you sit down all your change falls out .

23. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I don't know how to tune my own piano :(

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If the pockets aren't sloping the front ones are ridiculously small. That's what I found out the last time I bought jeans. I can't even fit a handkerchief in mine.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The saga continues

gezvader28 likes this.