main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I've been away for 3 months.... what have i missed?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Thayne_Correlles, Nov 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thayne_Correlles

Thayne_Correlles Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 27, 2000
    Hey guys, if any one remembers little old me. I'm at university and I finally got the internet in my room they promissed since day one. What films have been completed? Has nick long been committed yet? has halibut been battered and sold to a drunk with chips and a buttered bread roll? Does Jedi Tac still think he owns the place?

So what have i missed in three months?

Thayne

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    lets see, tydirium, storm ahead, duality two have been released :p j/k

3. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    And don't forget PTH! =)

EDIT: And appearantly there's now a way to make LIGHTSABERS in your own film! Check it out!

4. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    well, ILM staged a take over, but were promtly beaten back when we unleased the "TAC".

Lucasfilm tried to buy the rights to Ryan_W's saber tutorial, but he got a better offer from K-Mart

Daft was caught stealing server space to store his unmentionble "Adult" Storm Ahead facility Stormtroopers lab

Azeem had a nervous break down with the influx of newbies after the release of AOTC on DVD.

Lord_Rive locked over 100 threads asking how to access the outtakes on the AOTC DVD, and one asking what a DVD was (I believe the person asking was from the deep south).

MaxVeers had a sucsessful sex change operation and now posts under the name MaxineVeers.

MarsViolet re-emerged and convinced everyone it was in their best interests to buy a plot of land on the moon (Land Ownership Deeds came free with each purchase)

computer_graphics finally learned how to use paint to draw a straight line and then went on to make an entire square made up of 4 straight lines

Ptx (Pete) promised everyone a share of his Jelly Babies that he's asked for for Christmas.

and finally:

DorkmanScott posted that he's now set up a business creating serial numbers for any software you want that will run under the eXtra Operating System.

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

P.S. welcome back

5. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Well, you missed me becoming a regular poster in the Forum. I landed here because my film submission was rejected by TFN. In the rejection letter was a suggestion to join this forum. So here I am.

This post also doubles as a shamefull plug for my new fan film "Disaster at Naboo". If you haven't been here for three months, you missed the release of it.

Please see the link in my siganature to view the film and read all about the project.

6. Bobobear

Bobobear Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2002
    Nick, your sarcastic tone doesn't impress me...I find you have little tact for the aforementioned board members who have obviously gone through so much in the past 3 months...

...for shame...

[face_mischief]

7. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    [face_laugh] ROFL!! [face_laugh]

Excellent, Nick.

EDIT: By the way, you're eligible for membership in the Millenium Club (was I the first one to spell it right?) Click here to learn more!

8. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    I've been hyping up my fan film that begins shooting next weekend, 'Star Wars: Pathways, Chapter I- The Path of Betrayal'.

Here's a link to the thread where there are pictures of the cast in costume and stuff.

Path of Betrayal link

Enjoy!

9. SZier

SZier Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2002

*Reciprocity recently went live on TFN. Also, so did Conspiracy. Both are being pretty well received for having story and being different from most.

*Sci-Fi 3D has a new website, although they are still in transition of data.

*A whole bunch of people have stated they are starting their own fan films, and that they will be "epic, amazing, better than anything before it, and two hours long!" Uhh... I can't think of any of them off the top of my head though.

*The download for Rainbow Six 3 Demo(if you like those kinds of games) is available. Although, honestly, the free full version of Americas Army runs and plays better. (Which if anyone else plays in their free time... we should get a TFN clan together for fun. Or do it in Jedi Knight II! Using names from our films!)

*The trailer for Charlies Angels II is available, making you gawk at what can be accomplished in one shot mixing CG, and bluescreen.

*TFN download speed is back up! The crisis is over.

Scott

10. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Someone asked how to make a lightsaber.

11. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    You also missed the revival of Iron Fist of the Obsidian Sith.

You're an 00, you should remember that one. ;)

M. Scott

12. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    TFN's started posting Teasers in addition to Selects. The very first teaser was for some little flick called "Run Leia Run", it was sort of interesting, I suggest you watch it and tell all your friends.

:D

Rick McCallum loves you!

13. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    You quite probably missed KID WARS, the galaxies youngest Sith lords! ;)

/Z

14. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Audio News:

Chris Hanel moved to Orlando, which brought a major slowdown to Digital Llama Radio, which now puts out a show every great while when there's a chance for the team to get together again. TFN Episode 10 was recdently released, and TFN Fan Films has, but has apparently yet to release, TFN Episode 11, and there's supposedly a new Digital Llama Players Guide on the way.

JediTalk's website has gone the way of the dodo, leaving Stormtrooper Bob, hosted by TFN Fan Films, as the only remnant of that program left on the 'net, as far as I know.

ChronoRadio has kicked into high gear, going to a bi-monthly schedule, but introducing supplemental "off-month" episodes, Special Edition episodes, and interview episodes. It is also being geared slightly more toward this community to help pick up some of the slack with DLR possibily fading (with Hanel's blessing).

Three audio drama projects remain in progress without any major delays, as far as I know: Resurrection; Rise of Nobility; and Second Strike. Second Strike's first act is slated to be released around Christmas, so it's probably a month or so before we hear the first 1/3 of that story, and less before the trailers are released.

And, jumping back to ChronoRadio, it is now included in the Non-Hosted Films. Why is that important? Because the Non-Hosted section has been GREATLY expanded and is continuing to be expanded as we speak. TFN Fan Films is slowly starting to take up the slack from forceflicks.com and swfanfilms.com in the library standpoint, but very slowly.

::blink::

::edit::

I'm retarded. Pete, you'll get to hear YOURSELF soon in Second Strike. So far, the only scene I've heard with you mixed in is your introduction during the briefing, but Act I should carry us all the way through right before the team gets into Pri'gorod on Ferri'sol, so you'll have some decent bits in there.

15. ultimateguy

ultimateguy Jedi Master star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    A duck was shot, and a cat got sick, but that's it.

16. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    damn, can't remember where that cat and duck line is from :(

17. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Halibut is getting married and changed his icon. We are so proud of our little jolly fat man ;)

18. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    ummm, i Master, i already joined the millenium club!

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

P.S. I expected more laughs than that!

19. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    The duck/cat line is from the episode of the Simpsons which focuses a lot of Santa's Little Helper escapades. The first half of the line is "No dogs were harmed in the making of this episode."

Rick McCallum loves you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.