main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I've got an idea!

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Sep 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I've got an idea so I thought I'd post it and see what you think. Maybe it will get shot down because it won't be 100% Star Wars related and this will be the weekend of all things Star Wars, but what the hey.
    I was thinking Spider-Man is released that very same weekend, Perhaps we could use our vast numbers to rent out a theater screen for a midnight showing that weekend.
    What does anyone think?

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Fortunately there is a movie theatre sort of connected to ICC. Unfortunately, I don't know if they would let us rent out a theatre. I know that IK and Chicago Force have already talked about going out to see it. Hey, if we show up far enough ahead of time, we could overwhelm the masses and take over the theatre. MUHAHAHAHA!!! I can look into it though if we coul get enough numbers to fill a theatre.

3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Spider-Man does have a Star Wars connection. The special effects are by John Dykstra, who was the special effects supervisor for Star Wars back in 1977.

Phil

4. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Yeah;, but he pissed off GL, and wasn't invited back for ESB...too bad, he invented the darn computer controlled camera used in the Yavin scenes. Oh well :)

5. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Not a bad idea, but who knows what will be going then.

6. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Please God, not Spiderman! :(

Can't the JC think of something better to do together then watch Spiderman? :(

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    You can almost surely rent out the theater. Just contact the manager somehow. The problem would be coming up with the money to rent it out beforehand, as the theater will want it and you won't be able to get early enough to do that. What you could probably do though is just buy a large block of tickets when they go onsale, since you should be able to get the money from people at the convention by then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.