main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi MASTER Yoda

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Sith Interceptor, Dec 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darwin_Wins_Fatality

Darwin_Wins_Fatality Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2000
    I've got a couple questions.

First: What's the difference between a Jedi Knight and a Jedi Master?

Second: How does Obi become a Master, if he's a knight at the end of ep-1?

Speculation: Yoda is a conduit of the force, as is all force wielding creatures. I think we'd be more prone to see yoda using the bio-logical side of the force, paralysing people, creating illusions (which he did already in the cave while training luke). There is no precedent for what we'll see but I'll wager that healing someone, or paralysing people, or knocking them uncioncious is more likely then Raphael/Yoda kickin' ass with 2 daggersabers.

2. DarthFlipside

DarthFlipside Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2000
    You all REALLY want the scoop on whats up with Yoda? its all in the last fight! if you want to read that PORTION of the script as it is so far, go to www.jeffyjo.com

3. Twisted Sithster

Twisted Sithster Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 22, 2000
    Like some spongy rock
    A granite, my piece of Spam
    In sunlight on my plate

...the preceding has been a spam haiku in honor of DarthFlipside.

4. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Darwin_Wins_Fatality, a Knight becomes a Master when he successfully trains a padawan to Knighthood. So, let's say Anakin becomes a Knight. Obi-Wan would then be a Master.

Yoda IS a Master in TPM. The only member of the Jedi Council who is NOT a Master is Ki-Adi Mundi.

5. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    Are you faking with that jeffyjo thing.

6. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    Obi-Wan is a Jedi Master.

Yoda is just plain freakish.

7. grendelsfork

grendelsfork Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    since yoda so awesome think about what anakin would be capable of if not cut down in his prime

8. Darth_Zac

Darth_Zac Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 27, 2000
    "If Yoda is so powerful, why doesn't he destroy Palpatine and the Empire instead of relying on Luke/Anakin?"--Joe Star Wars Fan.

Anakin was the only one strong enough and close enough to destroy Palpatine(just thought I'd answer that question before it's inevitable introduction)

Since Anakin has a higher midichlorian-count than Yoda, will that be reflected in his force-using skills. And if so, will he too be freakishly strong with the force before his mechanical make-over?

Now that is a good question that I think only Episode III can explain.

9. Apocalypse_

Apocalypse_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2000
    SI,

I know you have 'insider info' and all that cack but I feel I HAVE to say this as no one else has yet.

Post proof or retract.

pretty close to the trolling line my friend.

10. Subcommander

Subcommander Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2000
    "Lucas and McCallum weren't kidding when they said Yoda was the 'Master'."

No ****. Thanks for the update. :p j/k
    So what, Yoda's going to use the Force to will a lightsaber to fly around the room knocking off baddies? Or throw them around with the flick of a finger? Or (dare I say it) waste the baddies 'Dragonball Z' style?

11. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

"pretty close to the trolling line my friend"

It has been stated by the admins on this board that SI is indeed legit. His info has also been posted on TFN, further adding to the proof that he is not making this sith up. He is not trolling. "Not by a long shot!"

12. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    If Yoda does not use lightsabers, can he either create a force field around himself to keep others from hitting him, or possibly affect the lightsabers themselves?

A dramatic scene would be Yoda faced with attackers wielding lightsabers, and he waves his hand and the blades melt(not likely) or simply retract.

We have never seen Yoda do any violent actions. Uses the force always to defend, never to attack, like martial arts classes teach.

He had quite a time lifting the X-wing out of the swamp in ESB after he got older. Did he do something in EP II or III that drains him so completely that he is never the same again? Like saving an entire planet from destruction?

Lots to speculate here!

13. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    I'm wondering if the term 'master' just depends on who's saying it.

For instance, to Anakin, Obi-Wan is "My Master."

To Obi-Wan, Windu is "My Master."

To anyone, Yoda is "My Master."

The term "Jedi Knight" is rarely actually used by the Jedi amongst themselves. It more describes the order itself. From TPM there doesn't really seem to be a stringent rating system, but rather something more in flux. The Jedi seem to be able to have a status for each individual Jedi. After all, Qui-Gon calls Yoda "My Master."

It doesn't seem to be so medieval after all...

14. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Yoda calls Qui-Gon "Master Qui-Gon" too

15. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    That's different from calling someone "My Master". We never have a situation where any Jedi calls any other Jedi by 'Sir Obi-Wan' or 'Knight Obi-Wan'.

16. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Heres a thought.

What if Yoda would use his mind to control a lightsabre?

That feat would seem to be pretty impressive and would make me want to run. You would have to because what would you attack? The only danger of life would be your own while yoda would be safe meters away! You would have to defend yourself against a swinging lightsabre!
    I'm sure Yoda could do ssomething like this!

17. Apocalypse_

Apocalypse_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2000
    AL,

I am fully aware that SI is legit (as I stated in my earlier post) He has produced some amzing insider info for us all to enjoy.
    I was never questioning his knowledge.

If somone states on this board repeatedly that they have insider info with regard to a specific event or character contained within the prequels and then refuses to share the info with others, is trolling. It doesn't matter who you are.

If you don't wanna share it then don't tell us you know. It's that simple.

NOW do you understand?

18. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I hope you won't have to wait too long, SI.

I have a funny feeling that Yoda will do some impressive tricks. Nothing too flashy, but nonethless, he will show that he IS the master. Sometimes LESS flashy is better.

Vader could block blaster shots with his hands, and Yoda has shown incredible skill in lifting things with the force. Palpy shot lightning out of his hands. Maybe Yoda goes to Taco Bell during the filming for the promotional shots, gobbles up some bean burritos and gas-bombs Kamino. Hard to see, the fart side is.

I imagine a scene where Yoda faces tons of battle droids or ST's, he makes some wise crack (philosophical, but a still wise crack), raises his hand and either force blocks every shot coming at him hitting them with their own fire, or he causes something to drop out of the sky and squash them all. Somehow the scene in X-Men where Magneto rips apart the train car, floats in and looks so smug --I could see Yoda doing something similar.

Then of course, in the rumored fight scene where OB1 and Ani are getting pummeled by Tyrannus and Yoda comes in and mops the floor with him. How he does it, I don't know. Maybe because he's so short that old T can't bend down far enough to hit him. I just have a feeling that Yoda is going to suprise a lot of people.

Unfortunately, the trailers will hint too much at Yoda's prowess, and THAT spoiler will be a little wasted. I wish they wouldn't even HINT at Yoda's fighting ability in the trailers. Suprise the $@!$ out of people it would then.

19. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    Yoda has a Swartz ring, he will stop Dooku by using the swartz to grab his nuts.

20. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    Thanks tonyf! :)

Here's a cryptic clue:

think: Bishop.

21. _Andur_

_Andur_ Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Oh no, not again.I am not going to sleep on that one.HELP!!!!!

Hmm,Does he move like the Chess piece?Diaganolly?He float's?Yeh that's it he foats.Or do you mean the Bishop in a Churchy kinda way?

22. Untraceable_Beaky

Untraceable_Beaky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2000
    Don't you dare... DON'T YOU DARE COMPARE STARWARS WITH THAT APPALLING COMIC.

Sorry, got a little excited there.

But seriously, Yoda absorbing energy bolts... I dunno.

23. _Andur_

_Andur_ Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Bishop?,Is he some kind of Comic's Character or something?
    If it is I'm lost.

24. Untraceable_Beaky

Untraceable_Beaky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2000
    The X-Men ring any bells?

For those that don't know, Bishop has the power to absorb energy and redirect it where he sees fit.

God, I hate that comic.

25. Mort

Mort Jedi Master star 4

Aug 25, 2000

Here's some info on the Bishop comic character:[ http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gt5031e/bishop.html ]

I don't know if that's what SI had in mind, and I've never seen the actual comic, but what I've read about the character so far doesn't get me all that excited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.