main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Jennifer_Lyn's bits and pieces - Update 1.25.06

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Jennifer_Lyn, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Hi all!

Well, I've started collecting all these bits and pieces of work and I thought I'd share them!
    I'm in the process of gathering descriptions and links for the covers, but I thought I'd just get started and play with it as I go.

Fan Fiction Covers - updated 10/21

Banner for FanFic Resource Contest

Icons!

Prequel banner

After going years without picking up a pencil, this is a new work in progress:
    Obi-Wan Kenobi from this reference shot.
    Obi-Wan next bit of progress
    obi-wan drawing, final

Finished up some banners for FanFic:

luke skywalker

locations

the older gentlemen of the saga

obi-wan kenobi *sigh*

qui-gon jinn

and a new cover:

When the Hunter Becomes the Hunted

2. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Wow! I love your work, Evil Padawan.
    I especially like the banner. :D

B E A U T I F U L

3. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Wow. Master,these are great! I loved the covers-very elegant, subtly perfect and so very suited to their stories! I'm not even gonna mention the one of Oib and the bike, cos its just as easy for you to guess what I'm thinking....

4. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I love your work, JL! I wish I could do this stuff. Incredible. I esp like the open road and just for tonight though i love the one with ben's house, too.

5. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    Wow! People showed up! If you make it, they will come, indeed.

Thanks for all your kind words, my friends. I'll try to live up to them.

6. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    You already know how much I love your stuff, J_L, but I thought I'd tell you again! I'm infinitely jealous of your mad photoshop skills; I hope some day I can get to your level, but we shall certainly have to see about that one!

May you continue to make such wonderful artwork! :D

Stormqueen

7. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    I really like the design on the banner; it looks almost celtic.

I'm such a sucker for celtic stuff...

8. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! Hoping to get some more stuff done this week and finish off the details on the covers.

I posted my icons up for vote in the icon thread. You can find them here:

Icons!

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey Jennifer_Lyn, you've got some wonderful work here! And forgive my irreverence, but I had a great giggle when I saw your banner: someone's been studying Latin, I see... :D ;) The banner itself is wonderful--I really like "uncluttered," and this is lovely! I agree with the comment about the "Celtic" flavor of it--except that Ireland/Scotland never enjoyed a Boga...

The fic covers are very nice--I think "Open Road" was my favorite there! I can just see Obi Wan, after the hubbub of the Purge dies down, taking a little time to just roam...although, having him leaning against a swoopbike might have been a bit more "in SW mode!" I love how you compose your pieces--not too many images, just what you need to convey the "gist" of the story, and well-placed in the frame so as to draw the eye to the important elements/images. I really admire good compositional skills, and you seem to have those in abundance! Good luck on getting your icons approved, and welcome to our little "madhouse" here in Fan Art!

FF

10. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    Thanks for your comments and warm welcome, FF!

On the motorcycle thing, the fic takes place pre-RotS and centers around Obi-Wan being put in the position of using an SW version of an actual motorcycle. Link's in my bio if your interested.

The Latin? Nah, wish I understood it. It's just the default stuff from Grimby's Banner tutorial.

So glad you liked my experiments! I hope to get more things done soon!

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Ooo, love the Boga banner, J_L. :D

You've got some awesome covers and icons here too! :D Great job!

12. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    I just love Boga, what can I say?

I put a new banner up for the Prequel forum:

Prequel banner

Also added a new cover for DarthIshtar's Heartache On My List for the Archives!

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, that kiss between Han and Leia was my favorite of the entire series of films:
    Han, sick, blind and shaking, touches the alien mask, recoils and croaks "Who are you...?" and Leia pulls off the helmet and says "Someone who loves you."

**swoons**

Great work with the cover!

And I really like the Prequel banner, too--again, not too many images, and a good compositon with the ones you used. Best of luck in the voting on all your banners, btw!

FF

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Ooo, awesome banner J_L! I like the photos you've used.

And Ish must love that cover! :D

15. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    Thanks so much, you two!

Yup, Ish likes the cover, which makes me happy! It was a fun one to do, it came together pretty quickly. It's always nice when you don't have to struggle with them.

The banner was much tougher. Still not 100% thrilled with the font, but it's close enough to be content with it.

I woke up this morning with an urge to draw, a skill I haven't used in probably 3 years. So, I'm now the semi-proud owner of an Obi-Wan work in progress. I know it's got a long way to go, and I've moved more toward a comic-book type version rather than actual photo-realistic, but here it is:

Obi-Wan Kenobi

From this reference shot.

16. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice drawing of young Obi-Wan. But what isn't there to like about that sexy Jedi Master. ;) :p

Great job.

AG88

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Awesome Obi Wan, Jennifer_Lyn!! What a great portrait! I love that picture, too--the intense expression on his face, his defensive posture--and you've captured it wonderfully! I knew who it was instantly, so you've definitely gotten the likeness down--well done! I can't believe you haven't drawn "in years"--is that true? If so, then you've been neglecting a wonderful talent--so come on! Let's see some more drawings! Again--great job!

FF

18. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    Thank you!

[face_laugh]academygrad88, I had to laugh when I read "young Obi-Wan" I'm so often writing in prequel and before land that to me, that's an older Obi-Wan and in the OT, he's "Ben".

FF, Yes. It's literally been 3 years since I picked up a manual drawing implement. I do a lot of photomanipulation work, photography and abstract stuff. It's been pretty fun and the SW characters are quite inspirational. I'll see what else I can come up with once I finish this piece. Thanks so much for the kind words!

19. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    Just a little progress on Obi-Wan here. I've worked on some of the shading. His hands are giving me fits at the moment. :D

Obi-Wan part 2

20. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    It's coming along so nicely!

21. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow, your banners are very clean and well done! I love the little touches you add like the shading on the prequel banner, and the swirles!
    Your drawing of Obi-Wan looks really good aswell! You've replicated the proportions of the image almost perfectly!
    Really nice stuff! :)

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautiful work! =D= I'm SO jealous! I have NO artistic talent! :_|

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    It's coming along very nicely, J_L!

I'm curious, what program do you use for your banners?

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo! I missed your Obi Wan update! Loving it still--the shading is looking wonderful (and actually, if it were me, I'd be calling it "done" by now! It looks great!!)! Keep on drawing, J_L!!

FF

25. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.