main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl July 14 -- A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Larry and Dallas of LU.n would like to purchase 2 tickets.
    Will sell LB's ticket to him.
    JF77, can Larry buy one of yours that you had to resell?

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I possibly have a buyer for 2 of mine and will find out around 1:00. I'm trying to get ahold of AboutASith to see if his extra one is still available. PMd and left a message on his phone. I'll call you as soon as I find out anything, one way or the other.

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I am not feeling very well, so I will be unable to attend. :(

VK (or JR now?) has my ticket along with the rest of the LAFF batch so if someone ends up needing one, there should be an extra @ the Bowl.

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes. I have all the tickets for tonight. So.. you'll all have to look for me! I'm assuming we'll be picnicing in the same area.. but that all depends on who gets there first.
    Here's my cell phone number if you need to get a hold of me
    I plan to be at the Zoo Parking Lot at 6pm, so I should be at the bowl by 6:30~6:45.
    Please don't be late! The concert starts at 8:30, I don't want to be waiting outside while the concert is going on just to give you your tickets!

I hope you feel better NP! We'll miss you tonight.

5. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm thinking about driving myself now just to get there earlier and get that picnic area. I will be there a little before 5pm now. I'm bringing my saber and the camera action figures for those who wanted them a large backpack filled with my dinner and wine. I don't know how I'm going to carry all this.

6. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I'm glad I checked this thread before I left. We'll be there about 7ish. (ealier if I can get my friends to move their butts)

7. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    Had a fabulous time tonight!!!

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Just got home and immediately hooked the camera up to the computer!! Transfering all the pix and video will take some time and I'm not patient enough to wait until morning.

Had a great time with terrific friends listening to and experiencing incredible music!!

JN, thanks for the scenic tour! Who knew getting back and forth to an event could be so interesting and fun!?!?

9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Just wanted to let JV and my car buddies know that I just got home safe and sound. Had a great time this evening with everybody, as always. Thanks again to everyone for making it another special SW event!

10. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    *fist shake*
    You people and your John Williams concert

11. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Just got home less than an hour ago after meeting up at In and Out, but it was once again and Awesome Concert, I am already adding a reminder to my Outlook for next year, great seeing you all and many thanks to JV for getting us the tickets.

PS: It is your destiny to join us one year[face_whistling][face_laugh]

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Val, it was good to see you there last night. I hope you didn't over-do it and that your recovery continues to speed along!!!

Lowbacca was there last year along with his large supply of MR sabers.

SJ, thanks for the refreshments. Yummy, yummy, yummy! Would you mind sharing the recipe?

13. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    and I have taken much flak for that. I'm gonna have someone I work with on my case for the lightsabres, I just know it. Even without me being there.

Feels its more an annoying distraction than anything else, from the perspective of someone else that goes to the John Williams concert.

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Considering that 99% of the SW fans that bring their sabers only turn them on during the SW music, I don't see how the "normal" spectator can really complain. As a whole, lightsaber ettiquete is followed incredibly well!

15. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Its the use of them during the music seperate from what music it is.

16. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Indeed, the lightsaber-welders were very respectful last night, only turning on their blades when the SW music came up. Don't think anyone there can complain about last night, certainly. I believe there were about 80 lightsabers total last year at the concert, and I'd have to say there were at least that many, perhaps a couple more, last night. And they were concentrated in the M section LOL. The ushers were telling us how entertaining it is for them :), and you could tell that Maestro Williams acknowledged their presence. That was also obvious. A fun event all around.

I am so glad I felt well enough to go! A little more tired today than usual, but I did a lot of driving yesterday, so no biggie. God willin' and the creeks don't rise, I'll be on the phone in about six months to get us tickets again! Wonder if it'll be as early as it was this year. We'll see.

17. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    Glad you made it home safe and sound.
    Thanks to VK for purchasing the LAFF tickets and to JF77 for coordinating the other set of tickets!

Next year we definitely have to purchase tickets in one area. :)

18. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    You are welcome.
    Hopefully next year we can all sit in the same area and not have some mundanes
    separating the two groups. I know I was annoying the mundanes sitting behind me with all
    of the pictures I was taking of the Lunners and IEFF and SDFF. :)

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Val, would you please let me know as soon as you find out when tickets go on sale. Between the two of us, JV and MK we can probably cover most or the groups that would be interested.

Make sure you take it extra easy the next few days. I'm really glad you were able to come and enjoy it, but I'm sure you over did it too, so take care!

20. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I will. Since I have ordered group tickets for quite a few years now, we are in the "advanced notice" group, so I will let everyone know as soon as I hear anything. It may be as early as January, if the concert is early again as it was this year. Otherwise, it's normally a March ordering date, as I recall.

21. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Once again the Star Wars fans of Southern California were entertained by the legendary Maestro of the Movies John Williams. It was an evening filled with music and entertainment under the stars at the Hollywood Bowl.

The afternoon started at about 4pm as the first of the group got there to secure our traditional place near the entrance. With the blankets spread out we were sure to secure enough space for all the groups. Those in attendance for the evening were members of the Los Angeles FF, San Diego FF, Inland Empire FF, and LiningUp.

The LAFF members in attendance:
    ValedaKor
    Jedi Racer
    Jundland Jay
    JediVixen
    Adrian Skywalker
    Sol Jedi
    JediNoc
    AnakinPadmeLurker
    JerseyYoda
    The Sith Hunter
    Jedi Mia (and family though I may forget someone here and I'm so sorry you may hit me later for each time I mess up)
    Darth Zombie
    Arminca
    Rowe Solo
    BorriKuuaah (though she had seats elsewhere)
    New member GForce

and me.

I think that's it for LAFF though I'm sorry if I left someone out. I won't attempt to do the other groups eventhough I think I might could pull it off.

People also had friends and significant others there as well but I'm not putting there name here either.

We ate and watched people come in on the busses, mingled and chatted, and took pictures until time to enter the Bowl.

JR posted the lineup, but here it is again.

ROSZA "Parade of the Charioteers" from Ben Hur
    KORNGOLD March from Robin Hood
    HERRMANN "Scene d'Amour" from Vertigo
    STEINER, arr. MORLEY Theme from Gone With The Wind
    STEINER, arr. WILLIAMS Theme from "Now Voyager"
    JARRE Excerpts from Dr. Zhivago (with film)
    JARRE Excerpts from Lawrence of Arabia (with film)
    WILLIAMS March from Superman
    WILLIAMS Love Theme from Superman
    WILLIAMS Escapades for Alto Saxophone and Orchestra - Music from Catch Me If You Can
    WILLIAMS Three Pieces from Harry Potter
    "The Chamber of Secrets" (with film)
    "Aunt Marge's Waltz" (with film)
    "Harry's Wondrous World" (with film)
    WILLIAMS "Throne Room and Finale" from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

He finished with ET and Indy.

I will add as well that the lightsabers were there in full force. There were quite a number of them and I would say there were more than last year. Section M did have the most. I think people behaved well and for the most post only had them on during Star Wars music. No one from our groups caused a problem.

Once the concert was over it was then the slow walk back to cars and busses. Once again it was a great evening and I can't wait until next year. I think we need to try and get OC and Ventura on board for even a greater dominance.

And that was the way of the Force for Saturday July 14th 2007.

My photos are here. Please add yours to the thread.

By the Force
    Skyryder

22. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    You guys are so lucky. Sounds like a great lineup of music. Hopefully I'll be able to go next year, eh?

23. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Thanks, SR, for the recap. (Your pictures remind me that I need to go get my wrist x-rayed so I can lose the funky support band and gain---a cast, a split? Hope not!)

I had a great time and the lightsabers were truly something to behold. We had random people stopping in front of our section to take pictures of Section M! Everybody was curious about them, where we got them, why we had them, what they cost.

The music was great and I'm glad J Williams pointed to our section and acknowledged the sabers. To be honest, I'd rather he stick to music that he composed, as he did during the second half but hey, different strokes.

Thanks to SJ for the Skywalker Ranch wine!

(JF, shut up, woman. Geez, you miss one lousy exit each direction, end up by DWP and suddenly you've created an adventure. HAHA!)

24. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I had a great time too! I always look forward to the John Williams concert. For once I got there early enough to enjoy eating and drinking with friends, and not be stressed out about getting there on time. My wife and my friend David had a good time too.

Of course, I wish he played more Star Wars, but oh well. I enjoyed the Throne Room and Finale, it's become one of my favorite themes. We played that song during our wedding reception, and that's the song the Grambling State Band was playing when I got off bus to arrive at the first day of practice for the Rose Parade.

Hey, where did you all get those cool lightsabers and how much were they?

25. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I had a great time again and it was nice to see some new faces. The Harry Potter pieces were great. JF, the recipe is Dole Pineapple,Orange,Banana juice with Coconut (three letter beverage you know of).

I'm glad to brought my lightsaber and I enjoyed seeing everyone else's. As everyone else who wielded a lightsaber, I got my share of questions of where, how, and which lightsaber I owned. It's a great ice breaker and I enjoyed talking to everyone who asked.

Can't wait for next year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.