main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Joss Whedon Rules! (ie The Buffy and Angel Thread)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Princess_Skywalker_, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    lol I couldn't find this thread and suddenly, it appeared! Kinda like Spikey. :p

I agree. Violence wise that was not needed at ALL. EW. The fingers thing grossed me out beyond all yuckiness. As for the "suggestive" other parts, I believe we have seen much more of Spike (and Buffy) in those eps from season 6. So there really wasn't a need for a warning.

I am glad that Fred believes Spike is worth saving. Spikey looked teary eyed when she said that. lol...In the past, Gunn, Wes, Cordy, etc. usually needed convincing from Angel that someone evil needed to be helped, not hurt. (ie Faith in 5x5 for example.) So for Angel to be on the "let's get rid of Spike" bandwagon, it throws things off. I understand it completely though. It's not entirely Spikey's past because Angel would be SO the hypocrite to bring that into it. The whole Buffy thing is just too much for him. Add Spikey getting a soul too and saving the world...well let's just say Angel is greener than Lorne right now. ;) :p
    again...
    Angel: OK, maybe I'm outta line, but this is kind of a curve ball for me. I mean, we are talking about Spike here.
    Buffy: It's different. He's different. He has a soul now.
    Angel: Oh. Well.
    Buffy: What?
    Angel: That's great. [Mutters] Everyone's got a soul now.
    Buffy: He'll make a difference.
    Angel: [Still muttering] You know, I started it. The whole having a soul. Before it was all the cool new thing.
    Buffy: Oh, my God. Are you 12?
    Angel: I'm getting the brush off for Captain Peroxide. It doesn't necessarily bring out the champion in me.

I have to say I LOVED the talk between Angel and Spikey. The I liked your poetry!! OMG! You like Barry Manilow! [face_laugh] I couldn't stop laughing! Very good. The whole this is hell(at the very end)thing was good too. And Angel talking about having been there. Some of my favorite stuff is when they show or talk about the pasts of Angel & Spikey. I love that this is now a big issue between them again. Angel making fun of Spikey for always talking, Spikey making fun of Angel (as usual) for the whole SEXY brooding thing(though I WISH Joss would go back to a more brooding Angel)... Ah...reminds me of the Good Old Days of Buffy. Only Spikey isn't evil anymore and things are NOT so black and white for Angel now. That's gotta suck. :p (yes, pun intended as well). ;)

Also I have been watching the TNT reruns and I can't believe how much I LOVE this show now. Yes, some of it is the void of Buffy (sniff, sniff)...But still, this show is one of my absolute favorites now. Oh how I miss the stuffy Wes from first season. sigh. Yesterday was 5x5. I adore that episode. Faith is a goddess. She rules all. I just think the high pitchy sobs was a little much. She seems like she would be more of a silent crier. When she starts that Kill Me Please thing...it worked until she was sounding way too girly. I know the point is a breakdown, etc. But it didn't seem right to me. The scene was a tad off. But excellent ep I gotta say. Poor watchers. They always seem to get tortured. [face_devil]

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    yeeba chosko!

the ghosts that the reaper had go after spike were disturbing.. finger-cutter not so much as no-armed lady.

i didn't notice mexican-wrestler mask in the episode, probably because there was so few scenes of the office environment in the normal world...

a good episode, and i'm glad that fred sees past spike's charms.

the couch talk between angel and spike was great.. although i got distracted by the fact that you can see spike making a physical impact on the couch...

so was spike able to remain on the floor (as oppose to float) because he believed in the floor... until he fell through it..

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Fred's scene was nice. Spike was on the wrong side of the glass there. ;)

4. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Agreed. I don't understand what made them put up the advisory warning.

5. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    gee you wouldn't be talking about something non PG-ish would you IA? [face_mischief]

surprized my henchman didn't bring that up...was waiting for a fred comment. :p and you are always focusing on the details henchman. :p ;) the way it seemed to me was that if he wanted to do something bad enough, it happened. you know how much he wants to torment angel. :p or perhaps he really wanted to bond with angel. be nancyboy pals again... :p

on that continuity note....something that's been bothering me... usually they explain when angel just barges in somewhere w/out being invited and gets all fighty like...
    I was watching eternity last night (the one with the actress being stalked) and Angel just jumped thru her window to save her, he was never invited as far as I can tell...so does someone asking you to take their case=please come into my home?? ?[face_plain]

oh and this ep guide site is groovy! ANY SITE that has the phrase: Hot Wesley Scenes: ROCKS SOCKS BABY!! :D
    [image=http://members.aol.com/rainydaylazy/episodes1/title.jpg]
    "oh my sweet wesley" ;) :D sigh
    wesley-style!
    gotta start referring to things like that! wesley style! yeah baby! ;p

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/me2/kattan2/pics_snl_antonio/antonioll1.jpg]
    [SNL Antonio Banderas]Wesley is SO da sexy![/SNL Antonio Banderas]

So Wes is a rogue demon hunter. And Faith is a rogue slayer. lol I want to be a rogue princess. :p

6. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    It is getting hot in here. No? I need to unbutton my shirt. But I must!

7. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    "Spike was on the wrong side of the glass there."

actually IA is talking about the actual error of the show. condensation from the shower would appear on the inside of the shower glass (fred's side), and not on the outside.. unless she was taking a really cold shower in a warm room, but then it wouldn't be so steamy in there.

8. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    "I was watching eternity last night (the one with the actress being stalked) and Angel just jumped thru her window to save her, he was never invited as far as I can tell...so does someone asking you to take their case=please come into my home?? "

hmm.. maybe she lived in public lodging?
    like corporate housing for actresses?

"So Wes is a rogue demon hunter. And Faith is a rogue slayer. lol I want to be a rogue princess. "

to quote cordy: what's a rogue demon? actually in SW, there was a rogue princess.. rather a princess in Rogue Squadron...

you just wanna wear cooler clothes and cause trouble.. i know u!

9. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    heh. i loved the couch scene. not only because of angel & spike's banter but also because it spoke volumes about how the whole jasmine-connor-cordy crap has changed him and made him more ambiguous morally yet still willing to fight the good fight. though i'd like them to mention spike's babysitting duties for shiny mcwhiny while buffy was 6 ft under.

i soooo can't wait for the guest spots from sunnydale, yo. just to see cordy or willow or god willing BUFFY getting around the idea that good guy angel is in charge of this really nasty organization. with a really awesome motor pool. hee.

no-arms lady had me thinking back to the casting notes i pulled from one of the angel spoiler sites, putting out a call for amputees... did they really find an actress w/out arms, or cast a regular actress & hide her arms, i wonder?

10. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    actually IA is talking about the actual error of the show. condensation from the shower would appear on the inside of the shower glass (fred's side), and not on the outside.. unless she was taking a really cold shower in a warm room, but then it wouldn't be so steamy in there.
    [face_laugh] knowing IA that was NOT what he was talking about henchman ;) :p And for the condensation, I have taken some scalding hot showers that left condensation on all the glass, mirrors, and walls, etc. in the room. ;)

hmm.. maybe she lived in public lodging?
    like corporate housing for actresses?

nope. she was a big hollywood star, she lived in a mansion silly. ;P

you just wanna wear cooler clothes and cause trouble.. i know u!
    :eek: whadda ya mean COOLER clothes?!?! :p and fyi, i already cause trouble, you know that! :D

11. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    And for the condensation, I have taken some scalding hot showers that left condensation on all the glass, mirrors, and walls, etc. in the room.
    yes, but probably your shower is open to the rest of the room through the top, so the whole room steams up. it didn't appear that the rest of the room was getting steamed up, and possibly the shower was almost it's own separated room in terms of air flow when the door is closed. now i'll have to watch those scenes again to be sure i know what im talking about.. and again and again..

why they have such a huge shower in the lab is a bit odd... unless it's supposed to be Fred's personal lab shower and changing room.

12. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    well they do have just about anything and everything at wolfram and hart. :p

and i thought fred's shower was open as well at the top, but i can't remember for sure...

you need to start a website with all the things you find while watching. :p

13. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    heh.. a website... but then i wouldn't need to post it here.

i do need a website. i might even be willing to pay for one.

14. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    last night's episode of Angel was great -- lorne's subconscious made manifestation is a big green angry smashing guy...

and eve and angel...

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I actually was not into it as much as the other eps they've had this year... I hate eve. YUK! And it was just plain evil of them to make you wonder about Fred & Wes getting together finally. Curse Joss!! :p

But I enjoyed:
    Harmony dancing by herself! :p That was funny.
    Happy Spike??? [face_laugh] That was too funny! Bout time Spike had some fun! :D
    But Gunn marking the boss's chair? And Spike congratulating him on it! OMG! That was the best!!

And of course I enjoyed how Eve found Angel regarding the meeting he missed. Too bad I didn't have her view. drat. :p

16. Dikion

Dikion Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I especially liked the two drunkards getting sent to find something.
    "Did you push the button?" (really funny cause I've done that)

And a positive Spike was he-lar-E-us.

17. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    well, i would have preferred the view angel had of her behind the couch.. eve [face_love]

"about half of a third of this bottle" :)

18. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Because I don't have time... I will have to post the rest later... Here are two of my faves from Buffyfest 2003...

Once again proving that I am in fact EVIL. [face_devil]
    Don't be so shocked and disappointed. :p

If this is Evil, sign me up!! [face_devil] Plus his accent is way da sexy. :p What IS up with British accents being so sexy anyways??
    [image=http://members.cox.net/ninjaprincess/BUFFYPICS/YayEthan.jpg]

It's official. The EVIL GEEK TRIO Strikes Back. Fear us!!! Right now I'm working on Warren making me a Spikey bot. :D [face_devil]
    [image=http://members.cox.net/ninjaprincess/BUFFYPICS/TheEvilGeekTrioStrikesBack.jpg]

19. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Yesterday, I watched the "Never Leave Me" episode from Season 7. That show had a lot of good one liners.

My favorite was Andrew's "That'll do pig" when he tried to overcome his reluctance to killing again. [face_laugh]

20. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
  21. Dikion

Dikion Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I was just wondering if any of y'all have read any of the Buffy fiction novels?

If so, any suggestions? Particular authors? Came across "Buffy the Vampire Slayer: These Our Actors" and it seems like it could be interesting. Supposedly lots of Spikey flashbacks.

Just thought I'd check.
    Thanks
    -D-

22. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    i haven't read of any of the regular buffy fiction, however i have read Tales of the Slayer Vols 1 and 2 (as well as the comic TPB)... learn about other Slayers prior to the buffster, as well as one or two buffy related tales)! i also have read a few of the other comics -- the Willow & Tara: Wilderness two-parter, a Tales of the Slayer one-shot, and Fray of course.
    i think i'm afraid to start reading the buffy novels for fear of getting hooked and needing to buy them all. my book money goes to Star Wars, dagnabbit!

23. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I'll second the recommendation for 'Fray'.

24. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Great episode tonight. Possibly the best of the season so far. Props for the spanish guitar music.

Was anyone else expecting the amulet #5 had to be Spike's amulet? A hero's amulet, connected to a sun god - and Spike was definitely channeling some sun-like rays during 'Chosen'.

25. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    While I enjoyed the episode I personally don't agree with the best by far. Definitely not in my opinion. Good but not great.

But I as well LOVED the Spanish guitar. I kept thinking thru the whole ep that I hope they make another soundtrack and put the song on there. :p I am addicted to that kind of music... Dawn's Lament with that beautiful guitar on the Once More With Feeling Soundtrack has always been and will be my favorite. You know what else was really beautiful, even though it sounds funny, is the Cotton commercial with the Spanish guitar... You know, "the touch, the feel of cotton, the fabric of our lives"... It sounds funny but I just love that guitar in it.

I as well immediately thought it was Spike's amulet. And the fact that they were hinting with the prophecy again, well I don't think they did that for kicks. I have a feeling that we are now going to find out that the prophecy was about Spike NOT Angel all along.

What do I have to say to that?
    [nelson] HA HA! [/nelson]
    Boy is Captain Grumpy Pants going to be pissed if that turns out to be true!

Oh and the "put your Herbie Hancock here" :p [face_laugh] OMG too funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.