main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho June Meeting and Agenda 6/7/08

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Psxjedi76, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Next Meeting is in Meridian at Storey Park next to the Meridian pool and Speedway on Franklin and Main St.

Club will be having a bbq meeting to start at 5pm Just a day in the sun and fun.

Agenda
    1.Welcome
    2. Fandemonium
    3. Clone Wars Release
    4.Game/ Movie Night?

Feel free to add away.

2. mark_illuminor

mark_illuminor Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2007
    Ok, so we have voted to set aside $40 for the BBQ, which leaves us with $36 in club funds.

Speaking of VOTING, we never officially voted city rep or treasurer in since may meeting.

ALSO... i have not received dues from Dan or Robert, and have not received dues from Eric since about March. Kasey and I paid up for the year and Ron is covered for the year.

Since all other positions are disolved and taking into account the conversation Saturday night at the meeting, I would prefer NOT to continue as treasurer...which leaves us the decision of what to do with the Treasury fund. As I see it, the options are:

1. Disperse Funds Evenly Amoung Current Dues Paying Members
    2. Vote Someone Else Into The Treasury Position
    3. Do Something With The Funds (Spend Them)

On a similar note, we also need to decide what to do with the store and it's goods. Any Ideas?

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I'd say we spend them on something really cool. Technically, the only current voting members are Marcus, Ron and myself. I have no desire to be Treasurer and if we dispursed funds, that would mean only those current would benefit, so the best option to me seems to be finding a spending outlet. The question is, what? We already set aside for Fandemonium, so what else is there? Ideas?

Ron, are you wanting to stay city-rep?

If so, we should do a vote. I'm all for keeping it that way, but since you're the only doing it, it's really your call.

4. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
  5. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  6. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Good point and very true. However, if the scenario you're presenting comes to pass and only one person is running it, what good does having the dues do for them?
    I'm really not to concerned about it either way. I think what Marcus is saying is he wants to be done with Treasurer position, so before we start talking about where the money goes, let me ask, does anyone want to be treasurer???

If so, great! If not, then that's a bridge we'll unfortunately have to cross. Eric, if you're going to pay just to see what happens, then maybe you'd like the position?
    Considering that would leave you, Ron, Marcus and myself, and we are not wanting the job. Ron is already doing City-rep and webmaster, so I feel it an unfair extra burden to lay everything on him. But then again, if he wants the position, that's great to.
    So, thoughts?

7. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003

Kasey_Kenobi posted:I'd say we spend them on something really cool. Technically, the only current voting members are Marcus, Ron and myself. I have no desire to be Treasurer and if we dispursed funds, that would mean only those current would benefit, so the best option to me seems to be finding a spending outlet. The question is, what? We already set aside for Fandemonium, so what else is there? Ideas?

Ron, are you wanting to stay city-rep?

If so, we should do a vote. I'm all for keeping it that way, but since you're the only doing it, it's really your call.

Just a reminder the club stays active as long as one member wants it to continue and the funds are property of the NBO, so dipsersal isn't neccessary. I am going to pay my dues for April and May just so I can vote on whatever happens with the funds. Remember also that everyone has contributed to the treasury by buying snacks as well. It belongs to everyone in the NBO so whatever is done with the funds should be for the common good of the entire club.

(this was the orginal post I deleted as Kasey was posting his

8. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Eric and I talked a bit through PM and both agreed that this shouldn't be some big drama, we're simply trying to figure things out that best benefit the club. But we need to know what everyone else is thinking as well. Really, it comes down to someone wanting the Treasurer position. If not, then we should call a meeting and make some decisions with all voting members.

9. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002

Ok if you Marcus wish to resign as Treasure I will take the position, per the By-Laws
    Membership Fees (Dues)

Membership dues are $4.00/month or $36.00 for a year (due in January of each year). Families can join for $60.00/year (up to 3 children under age 12). Membership dues pay for club expenses such as: meeting room rentals; refreshments; supplies (plates, cups, spoons, etc.); printing; paper; website hosting; help support special club events and more!

A one time offer to new members: If you pay a full year of dues your first month, you will get a special rate of $25.00/yr. This is good the first month only. All Dues are non-refundable.

We already set aside 40 dollars for a club BBQ in June.

Are people Quiting The Club?

just a reminder we have a club table at fandimonium. I will be there as a member of NBO. Eric Said was going to be there and so did Dan.

No need to spend all the club funds we may have other things we want to do during the summer or winter.

10. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    just looking at all the post

As for the Store Goods it was said at the meeting that we could use those at the BBQ just so the snacks do not expire and we could always replinish with new stuff if needed.

11. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Ron has made the best points and I agree with him. If you're cool with being Treasurer Ron, than I'll support it.
    So I guess everyone who is in favor of this, please post as such. Technically, I'm not sure we really need a vote per by-laws, but it just seems better to know we're all on the same page.
    Marcus, go ahead and just bring the store goods to the BBQ then and we can pass off the treasurer stuff to Ron there. Do we have any specific plans at the BBQ for activities?

12. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Just Card Games as far as i know.

wich reminds me i need to get my poker cards and chips and uno from your house as well kasey. Might need those for the BBQ.

Is anyone quiting the club? I'm still confused and not sure what is going on.

13. mark_illuminor

mark_illuminor Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2007
    I am not planning on quitting the club. As was mentioned in previous meetings, I, as well as others are looking for less involvment in the club. I don't recall anyone saying they were planning on quitting, just not being so involved as far as officer positions go

So, Ron, if your taking over the treasury, i'll just pass it off to you when we go purchase food for the BBQ. Thanks for offering to take over the position, and you have my vote as well.

As far as the treasury position goes, my vote is that we make it official 06/07/08, the day of the BBQ, that I pass of the title of treasurer to Ron

14. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I agree with everything there and mirror what Marcus said about quitting. No one mentioned quitting. It was mentioned people were looking for less involvement. Marcus wants out, that's cool.
    I obviously didn't want to see someone get pinned with everything, but honestly that's not to much responsibility. And Ron, if you ever get tired of doing the "paperwork" so to speak, say so and we'll look at options.
    Let us move forward and have fun with the club. We don't need to make this complicated. I'm sorry if my lack of involvement is diappointing to some, but that's just the way it is. I can't promise I'll be at many of the events, if I'll be coming to Fandemonium, or what things will be like for me this summer. But I'm going to do what I can to stay a dues paying member at least through January next year.
    So any other ideas for the BBQ? Are we seriously playing cards on a sunny afternoon? That actually sounds rather lame to me. That's just me and if everyone else is for that, cool.

15. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    BTW, we don't need to invest in mustard as a club. There are a bunch of extra bottles at our house. Any other donations?

16. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Thanks to all who showed up for the Meeting and BBQ.

in attendedance
    Marcus
    Ron
    Eric
    Kasey
    Robert
    Juliet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.