main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive kikichan *update 11/12**Anakin Solo ^____^ **

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by kikichan, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Love the new art!

I just wish I had a chance to check the FOTJ series out... :(

2. Rise

Rise Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2009
    I love your work!! I love Ben! so cuuuuuute [face_blush]
    Luke and Ben, their expressions are perfect.
    Colors are very beautiful!
    Good job! =D=

3. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I probably won't read Sacrifice or beyond :(, but I still love the characters. I love looking at people's interpretation of the characters.

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It's great to see Luke and Ben together. :)
    I love their pose and the use of textures on their clothing and the colours.

What tools you use to create your artworks?

5. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    Thank U very much everyone ! [face_love] I 'm so happy you like my interpretation of Luke & Ben !
    And I'm happy my version of Ben is appreciated ;)

Thank U too Corellian_Outrider ! ^____^
    I think I said, it's Adobe's Fotoshop and Illustrator ;)

6. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    OK, I love the pic, but I will be honoust, and don't get me worng I like the pic and I'm not trying to be mean, BUT I do not see much resemblance to Luke or Ben. Sorry, I'm just not seeing it. But that aside, I think it's a good picture. I also think that Bens body is weird. Not quite right.
    Good job! :)... [face_worried]

7. Caine-chan

Caine-chan Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2008
    First off, I love the idea of this drawing and the way you did it. The colouring and use of textures is very good, and I love the small details.
    I'm very fond of the subtle interaction between father and son: the pensive, almost sad look on Luke's face, and Ben touching his hand as if to reassure him. I haven't read FotJ, but I think this would indeed be a difficult journey for them.

Just one thing...I don't think Luke looks a lot like Luke...maybe you'll have to draw him again ;) But I have to say you are simply great at drawing Ben... he's hot! [face_love] I much prefer your version of him to the official pictures! :D

8. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    Commander_Ducky > Thank you, I appreciate the honesty :)
    I don't like to draw Ben like he looks on the book's covers... It's not very nice but I hate how he looks on all the covers :_| My draws are about the book's description and to the personality.
    But I'm not happy with my interpretation of Luke... lol I think I will want to draw him again to improve.

Caine_chan > Thank you too ! I'm happy you prefer my work ! ;)

9. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    You're welcome.
    To tell you thwe truth, I don't particularilly like the official pics, but Yours isn't how I imagine him either.
    Though when it comes to my imaginations of the characters, I try to start to imagin them how they are supposed to look, so that I'm imagining them properly :p
    Also, I like how you used textures [not sure if I mentioned that already, I don't think I did... but anyways.].

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ah thank you :) [face_blush].
    I know Photoshop quite well. Illustrator on the other hand, I seem to have some troubles with I so I avoid that program.
    I look forward to seeing what you are working on next.

I agree with you Commander_Ducky. With depiction of characters from novels, sometimes I get a bit disappointed with how the official artworks of some of the characters look after having my own image in mind. Corran Horn is the main one for me as there have been numerous different versions of him and quite a few don't feel right. I'm probably going a bit off topic now.

11. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    Commander_Ducky > Thanks ;) I'm happy that I'm not alone to think that the book's covers isn't very good ^____^
    I understand what you mean... but I'm a comic artist ^____^ ... I'm interested in how you imagine him... maybe you'll draw it for me ? ;)

Corellian_Outrider > I'm very disapointed too... :_| I don't like the idea that the draws of women must be young and beautiful... but the men can be ugly... :_|:mad:
    I agree there's some bad image of Corran Horn... but I still think Ben is the worst for pictures... It's so bad, I'm afraid of future images... lol.

12. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    lol, I don't think Ben is the worst drawn. I think I'm gonna try to force myself to start thinking of Ben as Travis' newest pic of him, in the Atlas.
    Sure, I could try to draw how I imagine him, but I think I will fail. I don't know if I should do him...

13. Caine-chan

Caine-chan Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2008
    You're definitely not the only one, Kiki [face_laugh] I have to agree that Ben looks awful in every official picture, apart from that one in the Atlus.
    I like how you draw him looking like Mara, he's definitely her son, and I've always imagined him to look more like her. I don't understand why the artists insist on having him look like Luke, and Anakin Skywalker's clone on the cover of Fury :p

At least they have changed his hair for FotJ :p Have you tried drawing Ben like the official images ? Personally I think he looks much cooler with the haircut you gve him. But I'm just wondering :)

14. Jedi_Amelia

Jedi_Amelia Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2008
    Personally, I like your version much better than the official art :) I don't like him on the covers either, where is Ben's red hair for example.

I like that you draw Ben based on the book's descriptions of him. That's a cool idea. Is it just him or all the characters?

ps: Can I request a drawing of Jacen and Ben, as master and apprentice? [face_batting] Light or Dark, I don't mind. I know you've already drawn stuff for me... but please [face_praying] LOL

15. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    Thank U very much for this messages ! ^____^
    I'm so happy you like my Ben's interpretation. And happy too that you don't like the official artwork XD

I haven't tried drawing Ben that way... the reason you known... [face_whistling]
    Maybe I'll want to change a little my interpretation after I read more about him in the new books...
    And I think it's just Ben's images I don't like... lol. There is some nice images of Jacen and Jaina, so I'm happy to draw them like that ^____^

Jedi_Amelia > Thanks ^^ I'll be very happy to draw Jacen and Ben ! :)

16. Jedi_Amelia

Jedi_Amelia Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2008
    Thanks kikichan! Your the best! [:D] I can't wait to see it! :)

I'm looking forward to your next piece. Will you update soon?

17. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    My last job.
    I hope you like it, this is two of my favorite characters : Anakin and Tahiri [face_love]

[image=http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9210/atlines.png]
    [image=http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7518/atkisslines.png]

18. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Wow, GORGEOUS linework, kiki!!! :)[face_love] Beautifully done!! Some of my favorite work of yours.

By the way, I'm sorry I haven't responded to your lovely PMs - but to answer your questions, my novel's going great - I'm almost done. :) I was thinking of putting the first chapter online to see if anyone would like it. I'm also working on illustrations, but the Bristol paper I'm using is too big for my scanner, lol. :p

Very much looking forward to your next update! :)

19. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I love it! I am a big A/T fan. Love the drawing. I will PM you a drawing I am working on for my Jedi training here. It is a Padawan for the off site there.

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    :D Anakin and Tahiri! They look awesome!!!

I always prefered the character of Anakin than Jacen. I wish they (Anakin and Tahiri) lasted longer than it did. What happened to them on that mission to Myrkr was one of of the things I didn't like about the NJO series.

Can't wait to see them coloured. :)

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely and I am waiting to see them coloured.=D==D=

22. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    YES! I totally agree. The NJO has hurt my opinion of the EU. :( Anakin should NOT have died.

23. Rise

Rise Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2009
    Beauty!!! :eek:[face_love] It is simply perfectly Anakin!
    He looks so brave and the hero...he is beautiful...*sigh*
    Kissing Anakin and Tahiri has also very pretty turned out... and so tragedy!
    I still mourn over Anakin....untimely lost and forever remains in our hearts... :_|@};-
    Big Thank You for such works! [:D]

24. VESTARA

VESTARA Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2009
    This truly amazing work! =D= It looks just like Anakin and Tahiri, but even more beautiful I think. [face_love] You have a way of drawing beautiful faces, and with such expression! A great talent for sure! =D= There's hardly any picture of Anakin and Tahiri. I have collected every picture I could get and I can say yours is by far the most beautiful. I love the first drawing most.I think it's the best of your works. The action poses is great...it looks like could be an official cover! :eek:
    Uncle Georges if you see that...or maybe DELREY :D

25. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    I love the new drawings! I can't wait to see them coloured! :)

I wish Anakin hadn't died so young. :( Anakin and Tahiri were such an awesome couple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.