main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KNIGHTQUEST

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Xmaveric, Sep 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Does anyone know the status of KnightQuest? It seems like they always say "next month." Does anyone have the inside track on this?

I was impressed by the trailers that I saw, because it was great work for it's time. But now I think that KQ may not stand out as much due to the great releases there have been lately (Duality.)

2. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Go to AmFilm

http://www.randomstringofwords.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

to find out more, look at 'suprise version 2.0'

3. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Hmm... I didn't find anything at that link that was called surprise version 2.0.

I'm sorry, guys, I just realized that there was already a thread on this topic (on page 6, no less.) Please don't flame me for bringing it up again!

4. SW_Jedi_Temple

SW_Jedi_Temple Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    you have to click where it says clickie.

5. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    We do get asked this question a lot. Be patient, it won't be long now. :)

6. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    Yeah... that's what they said last year. ;)

7. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Well Animaster ... why don't you try to make your OWN quality film and see how long it takes YOU ???

Until then ...... QUIT COMPLAINING.

8. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Lighten up, TAC, he was only kidding...see the wink? ;)

9. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    Yeah, I was joking. :p As mentioned, did you see the wink? ;)

I am making my own film, and it is taking me a long time, though nowhere near the quality of KQ.

10. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    Trying to get Tac to lighten up. Now thats funny :D

Only kidding Tac ;), you're our own little Mr Angry :p

Pete

11. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    If there's any film that can top Duality, it's KnightQuest. I'm very impressed with the quality of the work, and anxious to see the final version.

I'm guessing it would have been finished a year ago if they hadn't tinted every scene so that it looks like it's during a sunset.

12. buliwif

buliwif Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    now, in spite of everyone's touting of how great KQ will be, i will reserve judgement till i'm watching it on my own lil' PC...

now, i have no doubt it will be a good fanfilm, but let's keep in mind what happened with TPM, folks... let's not build this up to the point where no matter how good it is, it's not good enough...

it's like with Dark Skies... i LOVED that movie... why? because i was not expecting it... i hadn't even heard of it till it was released, and WOW, what a shocker!

that's what i'm doing with KQ... expect nothing, and you'll be impressed with anything... lol

13. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Visually Knightquest looks like a stunner. The thing that makes me nervous is Darth Vader. Its a huge challenge to try to use a character from the original trilogy. I wonder if they pulled it off.

-tm

14. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    here's the post Crunchy was talking about:
    http://www.randomstringofwords.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=general&action=display&num=999313218

15. banshee

banshee Jedi Master star 1

Jul 14, 1998

Naw, Vader sucks. He doesn't act, move or sound anything like he does in the OT. Very disappointing.

The whole movie sucks actually. The only redeeming feature it has is the FX work.

And I've seen it so you can trust me. Don't get to excited for this one. It blows. Any one of those saber test videos is better than this turkey.

I can't believe I've wasted 3 years of my life with this...better to just end it all now...

16. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    heh, not funny

17. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Hehe! Very funny...

-tm

18. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    Thanks Zayn

19. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    banshee,

There had better not be any continuity errors in this film, or I won't watch my friends VHS copy of it!

20. Ejan Jerthrid

Ejan Jerthrid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 1999
    Well, I figured this would come up again (it's about that time of the week...)

Since everyone expects that it'll never come out, I can truthfully say that it'll be out sooner than you expect...

The saber effects are finally done (check out this thing I threw together to celebrate that fact (what Zayn and Crunchy mentioned)), and everything else is wrapping up. It'll be out when it comes out. Until then, go watch Brains and Steel again (heheh)

21. Thesabresmith

Thesabresmith Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2001
    WOW.

I just watched the trailer... WOW.

IT LOOKS AMAZING... the quality is amazing and Vader looked great... i'm not just talking about the costume HE MOVED like vader.

wow... i think i'll pack up my little dreams of making a fan film now... watching mine will be like watching a bad high school play...

TheSabresmith

22. Hellix

Hellix Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2001
    Eh...everytime I click the link it doesn't download or anythin'.

23. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    I hope you're kidding sabersmith. (About ending your own project.) If not, we should have all stopped making fan films when TPM came out. (After all who's a bigger fan of SW than Lucas.)

Kights Quest looks like an amazing production, made by some of the pioneers in Star Wars fan film.

Keep in mind though, these guys are working with high end digital cams and professional actors/actresses. As such, it BETTER be awesome!!! (Everything I've seen so far has been living up to this expectation. Did you guys see th sky's in those clips?)

It still takes nothing away from films like Dark Skies, made by a couple families in their back yard with a consumer cam-corder.

Keep those films rolling. It will get really boring around here if everyone stops making films after Knights Quest.

24. Sarlacc_Pit

Sarlacc_Pit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    I think KQ actually used film, not DV.

25. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Digital cams? I think not. They shot on 16mm if I remember right.
    -Lokmer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.