KNIGHTQUEST

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Xmaveric, Sep 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Does anyone know the status of KnightQuest? It seems like they always say "next month." Does anyone have the inside track on this?

I was impressed by the trailers that I saw, because it was great work for it's time. But now I think that KQ may not stand out as much due to the great releases there have been lately (Duality.)
  2. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
    Go to AmFilm

http://www.randomstringofwords.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

to find out more, look at 'suprise version 2.0'

3. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmm... I didn't find anything at that link that was called surprise version 2.0.

I'm sorry, guys, I just realized that there was already a thread on this topic (on page 6, no less.) Please don't flame me for bringing it up again!

4. SW_Jedi_Temple Jedi Master

star 1
    you have to click where it says clickie.
  5. MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 5
    We do get asked this question a lot. Be patient, it won't be long now. :)
  6. Animaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah... that's what they said last year. ;)
  7. JediTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well Animaster ... why don't you try to make your OWN quality film and see how long it takes YOU ???

Until then ...... QUIT COMPLAINING.
  8. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Lighten up, TAC, he was only kidding...see the wink? ;)
  9. Animaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I was joking. :p As mentioned, did you see the wink? ;)

I am making my own film, and it is taking me a long time, though nowhere near the quality of KQ.
  10. Ptx Jedi Master

star 4
    Trying to get Tac to lighten up. Now thats funny :D

Only kidding Tac ;), you're our own little Mr Angry :p

Pete
  11. DarthZome Jedi Master

star 4
    If there's any film that can top Duality, it's KnightQuest. I'm very impressed with the quality of the work, and anxious to see the final version.

I'm guessing it would have been finished a year ago if they hadn't tinted every scene so that it looks like it's during a sunset.
  12. buliwif Jedi Master

star 4
    now, in spite of everyone's touting of how great KQ will be, i will reserve judgement till i'm watching it on my own lil' PC...

now, i have no doubt it will be a good fanfilm, but let's keep in mind what happened with TPM, folks... let's not build this up to the point where no matter how good it is, it's not good enough...

it's like with Dark Skies... i LOVED that movie... why? because i was not expecting it... i hadn't even heard of it till it was released, and WOW, what a shocker!

that's what i'm doing with KQ... expect nothing, and you'll be impressed with anything... lol

13. tumblemoster Jedi Master

star 4
    Visually Knightquest looks like a stunner. The thing that makes me nervous is Darth Vader. Its a huge challenge to try to use a character from the original trilogy. I wonder if they pulled it off.

-tm
  14. Zayn Jedi Knight

star 3
    here's the post Crunchy was talking about:
    http://www.randomstringofwords.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=general&action=display&num=999313218
  15. banshee Force Ghost

star 1

Naw, Vader sucks. He doesn't act, move or sound anything like he does in the OT. Very disappointing.

The whole movie sucks actually. The only redeeming feature it has is the FX work.

And I've seen it so you can trust me. Don't get to excited for this one. It blows. Any one of those saber test videos is better than this turkey.

I can't believe I've wasted 3 years of my life with this...better to just end it all now...
  16. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
  17. tumblemoster Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehe! Very funny...

-tm
  18. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
    banshee,

There had better not be any continuity errors in this film, or I won't watch my friends VHS copy of it!
  20. Ejan Jerthrid Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I figured this would come up again (it's about that time of the week...)

Since everyone expects that it'll never come out, I can truthfully say that it'll be out sooner than you expect...

The saber effects are finally done (check out this thing I threw together to celebrate that fact (what Zayn and Crunchy mentioned)), and everything else is wrapping up. It'll be out when it comes out. Until then, go watch Brains and Steel again (heheh)
  21. Thesabresmith Force Ghost

star 1
    WOW.

I just watched the trailer... WOW.

IT LOOKS AMAZING... the quality is amazing and Vader looked great... i'm not just talking about the costume HE MOVED like vader.

wow... i think i'll pack up my little dreams of making a fan film now... watching mine will be like watching a bad high school play...

TheSabresmith
  22. Hellix Jedi Knight

star 1
    Eh...everytime I click the link it doesn't download or anythin'.
  23. PadawanNick Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope you're kidding sabersmith. (About ending your own project.) If not, we should have all stopped making fan films when TPM came out. (After all who's a bigger fan of SW than Lucas.)

Kights Quest looks like an amazing production, made by some of the pioneers in Star Wars fan film.

Keep in mind though, these guys are working with high end digital cams and professional actors/actresses. As such, it BETTER be awesome!!! (Everything I've seen so far has been living up to this expectation. Did you guys see th sky's in those clips?)

It still takes nothing away from films like Dark Skies, made by a couple families in their back yard with a consumer cam-corder.

Keep those films rolling. It will get really boring around here if everyone stops making films after Knights Quest.

24. Sarlacc_Pit Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think KQ actually used film, not DV.
  25. lokmer Jedi Master

star 4
    Digital cams? I think not. They shot on 16mm if I remember right.
    -Lokmer
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.