main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    But it makes him look about 80 years old. Malak is young, in his mid 30's and hadn't been using the dark side for long at all, he wasn't really that powerful either. There is no reason for him to look like an ancient corpse. Malak should look like this..pale skin, black eyed, but otherwise youthful.
    ..[​IMG]

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Weirdly I rather like the uncovered jaw.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  3. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    It is one of a kind, maybe that's why? :p

4. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    I think the uncovered jaw looks weird.

5. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

Of course it looks weird, it's a guy with no jaw! That scene is one of my favourites, I remember the first time I saw it, lol it really shocked me. I love the sith officers body language too, shock and then how he regains his composure, back straightened with his shoulders back. It's a great recreation of Vader's ESB helmetless scene.

6. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    It is those little reactions and expressions which they captured...

Obsidian and Bioware did a great job in story telling and the subtle nuances that made the game so great.

Their progression or KOTOR, Jade Empire, Dragon Age, Mass Effect... all the initial installments of some of the most successful modern gaming lines... set the bar!!!

Subsequently they had been smacking the bar down ever since... and putting up a new one.

Amon_Amarth and Ambervikings91 like this.
  7. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes. The real Bioware Corp. died when EA bought it. Dragon Age origins was their last game in my opinion (EA poison could be seen in that with characters trying to get you to buy DLC missions).

8. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Very true and it makes it tough to slightly tough to stay loyal... slightly.

9. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Sadly it looks like you are right :(

10. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    is anybody currently playing KOTOR?

11. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    I do play it from time to time.

I always wondered what Ajunta meant here:

[​IMG]

Ambervikings91 and Sinrebirth like this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I assumed it meant there is a connection between the Star Forge and the Exiles. Pall, knowing him, would have sat on any such knowledge as he didn't want the Sith Empire to focus on the Jedi or Republic at all.

Perhaps Pall saw the danger in using the Star Forge and abandoned it. Malak of course would not have.

At the end of the day Vitiate wanted Revan and Malak to become reliant on the Star Forge, fail, and he sweep in and pick the pieces when he heard back from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darklordoftech and RafSwi7 like this.
  13. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

Yeah, but IIRC there was no acknowledgment of such connection later in the game. This "old place" was supposed to be the source of their (the Exiles) power.

I think it was going to appear in potential sequel, when BioWare thought, that they will make the second game.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Unless the Old Place was Drommund Kaas. I doubt Pall was unaware of what Vitiate had done.

Eventually retracting Revan's steps would have taken them back to there, and that danger, after all.

EDIT: Recall, there was a reference in the Revan book to Dark Jedi coming to Drommund Kaas in 14,000 BBY... Maybe that was the source of the Exiles power, a 7,000 year old secret that they lost control of, or Pall hushed up...

... We have sporadic Dark Jedi references between those eras, involving the Soulsaber and the Kathol I recall.

RafSwi7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    I'm hoping with the new films coming out that they give this game some type of an update, its showing its age in a pretty big way at this point

Darth Dnej likes this.
  16. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Hey guys I am playing KOTOR 2 right now and want to what your preferred planet order is?

Ambervikings91 likes this.
  17. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    Make sure you play the updated game from steam, adds a lot of fun to the game

18. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013

I have only played through KOTOR II once (as with the first, and I want to replay both of them soon) but the order I played was Dantooine, Nar Shaddaa, Dxun, Onderon, Korriban. That seemed to work well for lightside points, but it did take me a while to get my lightsaber.

19. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Nar Shaddaa may be a tad challenging as a first planet, but you can get most of the party there. I did Onderon next because of the lightsaber hunt - you can find the components on Dxun. And I leave Korriban for the last, just like in the first game.

It's also good to go back to Nar Shaddaa with Mira, cause then Exile can teach her how to sense the Force and the living planet. I missed that on my first few runs, so she never became a Jedi.

20. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    Indeed, one of the advantages of doing Korriban last in the first game is because Bastila won't go leave the ship once you're there.

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I wouldn't show my face on Korriban either after taking down a Sith lord. :p

22. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    I wish they made a KOTOR III.

KOTOR was a very exciting game. I love RPGs and this one was probably one of my all-time favorites. The animation is high-quality(even for 2016)

Amon_Amarth, Davak24 and E. L.Knight like this.
  23. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012

I'm not sure I understand why this is an advantage?

24. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Thanks guys.

Have any you of ever read Scorchy's KOTOR 2 LP? It's really funny and shows what the game should have been.

25. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

Yeah, Drommund Kaas fits "the old place" the most if we consider all legends material. Still, it always irked me since I felt that we never learned about it in game.

I have a great fun playing the first game right now without any form of the planet order. I do few quests on Tatooine, then I leave for Korriban. Few side quests later I travel to Kashyyyk and return to Tatooine later etc.