main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Lady Healer Shmi Skywalker (pre-TPM and very much AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SilSolo, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Title: Lady Healer Shmi Skywalker
    Summary: Shmi was taken to the Jedi Temple in this fic. How will things run differently if the mother of the Chosen One was a Jedi?
    Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars and I?m not making money off it this fic. Please don?t sue this poor, teenage student.
    Dramatis Personae
    Daragon Teta; Ex-Jedi (female human/Cerean from Cinnagar)
    Halen Palpatine; Sith Lord, king of Naboo (male human from Naboo)
    Janier Rar; bounty hunter/mercenary (male Twi'lek from Ryloth)
    Shmi Skywalker; Jedi Master, healer (female human from Tatooine)
    Vima; pet (female dog from Alderaan)
    Yoda; Jedi Master (male of unknown origins)

Note: I realize there's some issues with interspecies relationships, and I'd like to say that a human and a Cerean would have more in common than a human and Twi'lek based on Ki Adi Mundi's looks.

Since my updating is usually very erratic (top that off with my busy schedule once school starts), please tell me if you?d like to be PM?ed when I post.
    10-13 years before TPM?

"Your guards are in perfect health and there is no hope for the assassins. Would you like for the assassins to be kept as comfortable as they can be?" The healer offered. The tall, regal King of Naboo greatly contrasted the Jedi Master, a short, stocky woman who wore plain robes and a haircut that was common throughout the galaxy.

"Keep them alive so they can be questioned."

"If that is all, your majesty, then I will give your medics the order and return to Bespin."

"Yes, that would be all. Thank you, Master Skywalker." King Palpatine frowned slightly as another Jedi left his office on Naboo. But that healer was no ordinary Jedi, for she was the Skywalker that Lady Mercure spoke of. Both of the apprentices Palpatine had taken were dead and Shmi Skywalker, whom Lady Mercure referred to as a prize, refused to as much as budge from her views of the Force. For the last five years, the Sith, not counting Exar Kun's spirit, had been reduced to half their numbers.

That's right, go home, Jedi. Palpatine thought as Shmi Skywalker disappeared down the elegant, Naboo corridor. He supposed that if he truly tried to convert Master Skywalker, it could be done, but she would report a Sith threat to the Jedi Council before she accepted the ways of the dark side. I can't believe I'm still listening to that crazed woman thirty years after I killed her. I need someone more malleable, perhaps a failed Jedi Padawan or an undiscovered Force-sensitive.

"Vima, calm down! You will not bite the king!" Shmi Skywalker used a combination of words and Force projection to quiet the Alderaanian tree-dog that had followed her around for the last ten years. Shmi loved the black and green quadruped, but the last thing a Jedi needed was to create a political incident with the king of Naboo.

It was a good thing that no identifiable part of Shmi Skywalker showed under her oversized cloak, for possession, including possession of pets, was forbidden amongst the Jedi and Shmi did not need to be caught. However, when Shmi could not find an owner to match the dog, she adopted into her medical facility on Bespin and named the pet after Vima Sunrider.

Shmi Skywalker pulled back the leash on her pet, but she was overpowered and the dog continued to bark at the king's window. Pets often hated politicians, but why that particular dog held a steady grudge against King Palpatine of Naboo the Jedi Master did not understand. She thought at the dog through the Force. If you don't stop barking up his window, I won't take you to Naboo anymore. Now come back to the ship with me!

The dark-haired Jedi drew on the Force for strength and finally pulled her pet away from the window of the king. The Jedi Master felt guilty for inflicting such force upon her pet, but she had no choice but to keep Vima's fangs out of Palpatine's flesh. After fifteen grueling minutes, Shmi finally squeezed herself into the overcro

2. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    This is certaintly interesting, Sil. Shmi as a Jedi Master and Healer, that could make for some interesting scenes. I'll be reading.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on this one! :D

4. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Briman and VaderLVR: Good to know that! Thanks!

5. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    upupupup

6. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    I second that! :D

7. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks, Briman. Up again!