main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Las Vegas Comic Con

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    yeah that is one thing we will be working on... and hopefully discussing a thte next meeting is a plan of attack for the LV ComicCon...

2. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    Hello everyone. Varza PM'd me not too long ago and I'd like to first thank you for your interest in this con. Being it's the first one of 3 right now.(If the first 3 go over well there will be alot more. If this flops then 3 is it.) I'm hoping it will be eventually as big as the one in SD. Although I will still attend SD it would be nice to have another big con on this side of the country. I am in works with Luxor(one of my connections there) on discount rooms for Legion members. Seeing as I do not wish to count anyone one out please, if you plan to stay here. Have one person contact me with how many rooms you will need. I am hoping to get Mandalay rooms at Luxor prices or even Luxor rooms at Excaliber prices. Although the Excaliber is cheaper and is connected via tram the rooms are smaller and a little older. Luxor also is finishing a new walkway between Mandalay as well.
    My goal is to get as many of the 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, and you the Star Wars Fan-Force in one area so we can all have fun together.
    The Legions( Imperial and Rebellion) has 2 booths right now and if there is someone out there that would like to head this up please let me know. I know the San Diego group would like to get in on this but I've been holding out for a few days for the Henderson and Vegas groups to take this and run. If I wait for them I don't think there will be a FF booth.
    They're a great bunch of people but are more into the RPG thing than anything. Ah well, I guess someone else will get to tend to the celebrities and get cool free stuff.
    Last Comic-Con in San Diego I got one of those silver Boba Fetts free and signed by the Fetts. I also got some other stuff as well. Not to mention I had breakfast with Jeremey Bulloch, Daniel Logan, Steve Sansweet, Mary(I forget her last name) from Piazzo publishing and several others from Lucasfilm. It was the highlight of comic-con for me this year.

Hope to see alot of you there and if you wish to EM me try tk002@neoncitygarrison.com

Tim Anadon TK-002
    Neon City Garrison CO

3. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    thank you for posting the information...

i hoping we will geta chance to discuss it soon and let you know more!

4. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm definitely interested in going, but I may have to drive if I go. I already asked for the Fri/Sat off and I'm off Sundays/Mondays. It's only a 7 hr drive and my car is economical on gas. I just don't think I can afford plane fare right now, plus hotel and food. If there's a will, there's a way they say. We can discuss more tomorrow.

5. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    just a reminder of where this is located...

6. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    Hey all... to those wanting to attending the comic con... if you would like to find out more about our sister cities whereabouts next month please go here:

SDFF ComiCon Discussion

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Ummmm, so did anyone go?

8. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    nope... no one went maybe next year.

9. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Hey everyone, this is Dan from Mojave. Sorry to hear no one went to the Vegas con. I did though, if you want to see what you missed you can check out the pics here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.