Abq Las Vegas Comic Con

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah that is one thing we will be working on... and hopefully discussing a thte next meeting is a plan of attack for the LV ComicCon...

2. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello everyone. Varza PM'd me not too long ago and I'd like to first thank you for your interest in this con. Being it's the first one of 3 right now.(If the first 3 go over well there will be alot more. If this flops then 3 is it.) I'm hoping it will be eventually as big as the one in SD. Although I will still attend SD it would be nice to have another big con on this side of the country. I am in works with Luxor(one of my connections there) on discount rooms for Legion members. Seeing as I do not wish to count anyone one out please, if you plan to stay here. Have one person contact me with how many rooms you will need. I am hoping to get Mandalay rooms at Luxor prices or even Luxor rooms at Excaliber prices. Although the Excaliber is cheaper and is connected via tram the rooms are smaller and a little older. Luxor also is finishing a new walkway between Mandalay as well.
    My goal is to get as many of the 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, and you the Star Wars Fan-Force in one area so we can all have fun together.
    The Legions( Imperial and Rebellion) has 2 booths right now and if there is someone out there that would like to head this up please let me know. I know the San Diego group would like to get in on this but I've been holding out for a few days for the Henderson and Vegas groups to take this and run. If I wait for them I don't think there will be a FF booth.
    They're a great bunch of people but are more into the RPG thing than anything. Ah well, I guess someone else will get to tend to the celebrities and get cool free stuff.
    Last Comic-Con in San Diego I got one of those silver Boba Fetts free and signed by the Fetts. I also got some other stuff as well. Not to mention I had breakfast with Jeremey Bulloch, Daniel Logan, Steve Sansweet, Mary(I forget her last name) from Piazzo publishing and several others from Lucasfilm. It was the highlight of comic-con for me this year.

Hope to see alot of you there and if you wish to EM me try tk002@neoncitygarrison.com

Tim Anadon TK-002
    Neon City Garrison CO
  3. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    thank you for posting the information...

i hoping we will geta chance to discuss it soon and let you know more!

4. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm definitely interested in going, but I may have to drive if I go. I already asked for the Fri/Sat off and I'm off Sundays/Mondays. It's only a 7 hr drive and my car is economical on gas. I just don't think I can afford plane fare right now, plus hotel and food. If there's a will, there's a way they say. We can discuss more tomorrow.
  5. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    just a reminder of where this is located...
  6. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey all... to those wanting to attending the comic con... if you would like to find out more about our sister cities whereabouts next month please go here:

SDFF ComiCon Discussion

7. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Ummmm, so did anyone go?
  8. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    nope... no one went maybe next year.
  9. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone, this is Dan from Mojave. Sorry to hear no one went to the Vegas con. I did though, if you want to see what you missed you can check out the pics here.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.