main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST "Legacy Character" Deaths

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ArtSchmo, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And Han should stay non-force-sensitive. No reveal that he is secretly Force-sensitive in the ST.
    It's like when they killed Chewie in the EU and he stayed dead after that. That was needed imo. That was painful and it was felt. No shortcuts bringing them back.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I sincerely doubt that ALL of the Big Three will die. At MOST, I see two of them going over the course of the ST (Han and Luke being the most likely).

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    As Han is dying, 3PO should make some usual annoying comment and then Han blasts him into a hundred gold pieces.

"Why have I waited this long Boomrod....?" then dies.

4. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    Star Wars is Star Wars because archetypal plot points are used through out it.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    plus if no one dies there's no conflict. then there are no wars in star wars.

6. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    I can see Han dying and maybe Luke sacrificing himself to save Rey and/or Finn. Droids will probably "live" and I don't see them killing off Leia (they don't need to kill everyone), but I guess it could happen. Anyone else, not really.

7. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Everyone dies.[face_devil]

8. HeadingSouth

HeadingSouth Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2014
    I'd prefer it if as Han is dying, he asks 3PO for help, but 3PO refuses getting him back for his rather rude treatment of 3-PO.

9. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Does it even need to be said?

10. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Of course, what I think about is how I would not want to be Luke's wing-man. Biggs dies at the DS, Luke's gunner (don't know his name) dies at Hoth. Honestly, with Luke's record with people to back him up I'd run the other direction if I was assigned to him. :)

11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  12. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Thank you. And Dak's parents didn't even get a memento back of their son. Luke grabbed his lightsaber, but did he pull Dak out from the seat? Nope. Dak pancakes for lunch everyone!

13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    hey you gotta survive. he was pretty much toast anyway... a pancake isn't that far away.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  14. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Yeah, Han Solo is going to be killed off. Just be prepared for it, it's inevitable in a few months. Disney needs to create some tension in the end. Him dying off will be good for the growth of the fans.

15. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Well not Lando, since (at least as far we know) he's not in the movie to start.

16. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

But not everyone really lives!

17. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    I've read the Making Star Wars story synopsis of The Force Awakens, and I think Han's death in there is ridiculous.

18. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Why are people so fascinated with the original characters dying anyway? I hope non of the original die, it would be heartbreaking.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    They have to all meet at least once in the ST before they can die. I sort of hope Luke lives through the ST.

20. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    There won't be a single scene in the Sequel Trilogy where all three of them are onscreen at once.

Han never meets Luke in this movie.
    Luke never meets Leia in this movie
    Han and Leia meet once. It is apparently awkward.

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Until the movie is out those are rumors.
    How does one movie equal the entire sequel trilogy? Haven't had a math class in 2-3 years but I don't get people saying this.
    You say
    Then toy say this.
    You jump from sequel trilogy to movie? :confused:

22. Bobby Roberts

Mar 24, 2014
    Because Han dies in this movie, so if they never meet in this movie, they're never going to have a scene together onscreen for the rest of the trilogy. It's not a math thing, it's a paying attention to the spoilers being posted in the spoilers section thing.

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I see you didn't answer the Leia and Luke thing. They might not meet in this movie but nothing stopping them from meeting in 8 or god forbid 9 if they must keep them apart? Still have time for the two to meet.

24. Bobby Roberts

Mar 24, 2014
    Why would I. The original post of yours I responded to was about all three being in a scene at the same time. I answered that they won't all be in a scene at the same time. Han only meets with Leia once in this movie, and then he dies - he never meets with Luke, and Luke never visits Leia. So all three (I guess this is where that math you were talking about factors in now) of them can't share a scene this trilogy. Luke and Leia still might, though, but they don't in this one.

25. -Redacted-

-Redacted- Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2013
    I'm legitimately worried about some people on this board if Han dies in TFA.

I'm all for it. I think (if its true) that it would be a unique way to set off the arch of the major characters for the next two movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.