main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index LEGACY Comics Index and Discussion ~~The End Of An Era~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Legacy_Index, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    I?d have to disagree. Blue?s a bit too possessive, and Cade?s got control issues. On top of that, she doesn?t seem to really understand him at all. If she did, I?d think she?d have figured out that him putting the moves on Darth Talon was an act. At this point in time, Blue reminds me more of a groupie than anything else.

Hear, hear! Syn/Blue has more appeal to me than Cade/Blue. There?s no question that Cade?s too self-centered (not to mention too messed up emotionally) to make a relationship work, but I also think that Blue?s pursuit of Cade is more out of ego-gratification than genuine feelings. His appeal to her appears to be a desire for something out of reach. She may be able to sense Cade?s emotions, being a Zeltron, but that doesn?t mean she knows how to ?fix? them like she does the Mynock.

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I could definitely see it, if she got over Cade. And, yes, you really should write that. [face_batting]

Ah, I?m a hopeless romantic right along with you. [face_blush]

To answer your question - Nyna seemed to be pretty upset about the attack on Ossus. Whether that had something to do with Kol & Cade possibly being killed or simply because she wasn't informed about it in advance is anyone's guess, I s'pose. She and Kol appear to have parted on friendly terms, and I'd like to think she felt something about Kol's death.

Random thought: After being orphaned for so long, Cade got to speak to both of his parents in the same day.

Shweet! The release date says 2/20, but it's not on the preliminary shipping list for next week. Spoot.

It would (will?) be interesting to see how he explains the situation with Talon, that's for sure.

I'm wondering if/how the dynamics of their relationship will change now. I don't think they could or should go back to being just flirty friends. Other than the brief encounter in the Sith temple, Cade and Blue haven't seen each other since the end of Broken. In 14, he acknowledged that he'd always known how she felt about him and I'm curious about whether that night on Bastion was a just-for-fun or something more emotionally involved. And if he thought it was just-for-fun, she obviously didn't.

Assuming something happened on Bastion, that is. Most people seem to think it did, but I have a friend who interprets that page to mean that he showed up in her room only to find that she'd been with someone else. I can't imagine who else, but like my friend said, she's a Zeltron and that's how they roll, LOL.

Now, should Cade continue his Taste the Rainbow theme, Kee could be next. [face_mischief]

[face_laugh]

3. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    I would be very (pleasantly) surprised if it hit stores this week, given that we basically just got #19. Legacy is a monthly, it was always meant to be a monthly, and getting two issues within two weeks just doesn't seem likely at all. And with the end of a major arc like Claws of the Dragon, I've learned to give a 1-2 week leeway beyond a month for the next issue. I'm not expecting it til sometime mid-March

This Just In: Dark Horse now says March 5

4. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Zeltrons have an incredibly open attitude about sex in general as a species. However, I still think Cade had spent the night with Deliah. It was so late/early when Cade was sneaking out that if it had been someone else with Deliah, he likely still would have been there. The indent in the pillow and bed was fairly recent.

I also don't think that what's bothering Deliah is so much that Cade had sex with Talon, but that she was willing to die to keep Cade out of Sith hands when she was Vong-infected by Maladi and then willing to risk everything to get him out of Sith hands ... and while she's doing this, he's shacking up with the Sith strumpet. It's an issue of loyalty and betrayal, not sex.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    What night on Bastion? If you mean that bit in #7 I'm fairly sure it was Marasiah Fell he slept with, I can't think who else it could be.

6. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    This was a coloring error. It was corrected in the trade paperback release and a subsequent issue of Legacy included a 'replacement' page colored correctly as Deliah in the back of the comic. It was definitely Deliah, not Marasiah.

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I can't believe I didn't notice that. :oops:

8. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    It threw me too until John and Jan corrected it first in online responses, then it got corrected in the trade and such. [face_laugh] Then I realized that Marasiah's hair is straight and Deliah's is curly.

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I just thought that was post-coital messiness. [face_blush]

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    LOL, I thought it was Marasiah, too until Jan said something.

11. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    I say Cade and a Good Girl should hook up. I'd like to see that one day. I know, I know... I'm still on to that! :p

12. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I read the trade first, so I didn?t know about all that until someone told me, lol. Here?s the corrected version, if you?ve never seen it.

I think ?good girl? is a relative term and I don't think we know enough about Deliah's past to designate her "good" or "bad", but she is (was ? - depending on what happens next) the best friend that Cade has (had ?). Until Morrigan came along, Deliah was the only person determined to rescue him from the Sith. Even Syn was willing to leave him stranded. Add that to the list of reasons why she?s a little grouchy now, LOL.

Just saw this mentioned over in Lit:

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/comicpacks.jpg]

*rubs hands together* Oh yes. The preciousssss will be mine... [face_mischief] :D

13. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    ARGH! All this time I've managed to be happy with just writing fanfic, reading the books, and buying the occasional t-shirt or Luke or Mara collectible. Now I'm not only reading the comics, but I want those action figures! :_|

This fandom thing's a bottomless pit. :p

14. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    I keep trying to warn people that Trace is sneaky. I was once like you until I was corrupted by her. Now I have a new obsession with the KOTOR and Legacy comics. At least Trace and I fangirl together. :p

15. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Better watch out. You'll both be in costumes before you know it. [face_mischief]

16. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I agree that Cade needs a 'good girl' although I generally like Deliah her relationship with Cade is very reminicent of Khaleen's early relationship with Quinlan but saying that they ended up together.

17. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002

I'd say that's a little excessive and you would never, ever see me in a costume, but my friends have gotten me to dress up for other fandoms, and it's not too far a stretch to say I might one day dress up for Legacy. Maybe I'll paint myself pink and be Deliah... or I could just be lazy and go as "coloring error" Deliah. :D

18. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    I'll go as Queen Jool!

She's so Mae West ...

19. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Thank You!!! Somebody agrees with me!! Deliah and Cade are good together... but for once, I want to see Cade hit on a Good Girl... who knows combat as well. They fall for bad boys, ya know. [face_hypnotized]

BTW, I'd be Talon. I'd probably be a good match with her.

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Like Marasiah Fel?

21. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Personally I would prefer a non force user. It would be cool to see Cade try to hit on or like someone who was compleatly his opposite. I wouldn't necessarily have her be a fighter, but someone who had very strong beliefs and that maybe along the way learned to fight.

22. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Yeah! Like Cade could teach her blaster moves and all... Like Luke taught Mara on how to use lightsabers more better. A Good Girl would totally be good with that role. And she'd be the type to say "I know the Galaxy is in the hands of the Sith... but we must all have faith that it will change for the better someday. Peace will come. It just takes time."

:)

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    "coloring error" Deliah. [face_laugh] Wearing a sheet? [face_mischief]

I'd actually hoped to have a Deliah costume for our local Con next month, but I don't think I'm going to have time to finish it. The hardest part? Finding a wig that looks halfway right. Apparently, all blue wigs are stick straight, spiral curled or have bangs.

She is, isn't she? [face_batting]

If Daddy won't let her marry one of his Best and Brightest, I can't imagine he'd let her get anywhere near the Galaxy's Most Wanted Bad Boy. [face_cowboy]

Whoever the future Mrs. Cade turns out to be, she'd better be an expert at weapons and stealth ops because she's gonna spend her life protecting her kids from Sith Lords/Ladies With A Grudge. [face_devil]

24. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

Amen to that, Trace. Amen to that. I can see them now:

O:) [face_devil]:_|

25. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hehe, wanna hear about the story I made up with Nei Rin growing Cade out of a cucumber? Yes, the Skywalker line must be propogated. But those midi-chlorians need replenishing now and then (that's where genetic tampering comes in).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.