main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy comics: Krayt Lives campaign

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Edgeorge, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edgeorge

Edgeorge Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2008
    If you have not read Legacy 31 you may leave this thread at once!

In the SW universe pretty much everybody had his own campaign- Thrawn, Palpatine, the Rebellion, Luke etc. So I thought hey, why shouldn't I start my own campaign to conquer-not the galaxy- but the writters' minds.

*****Krayt Reborn Campaign*****
    1. Where you upset that they killed Krayt?
    2. Did you think that Wyyrlokk isn't good enough?
    3. Do you think Wyyrlokk's Armor ain't good enough?
    4. Do you want Krayt back?

All you have to do is join my campaign and if this campaign reaches Ostrander or Duuresma, then we could get Krayt back!
    We support the following:

1. Krayt should still be alive and be brought back to kick some Jedi butt!
    2. I liked Krayt because of his armor and helmet and stuff. Could you please use this:
    "Wyyrlokk has always looked up to Krayt, and now that he practically leads the Empire (and formally I guess in the future) and the Sith are not inspired by him (Wyyrlokk) and miss Krayt, also suspecting him for the murder of Krayt. So in a bold attempt to fully win the respect and the position of the Dragon, he wields Krayt's armor (or at least parts of it to resemble the Dread Lord, at least the helmet or perphaps even getting the Vong implants Krayt had in order to resemble him more and show how much the Sith order and the Empire mean to him) and renames himself into Darth Krayt II. Okay maybe the renaming was too much but at least the armor would ROCK as a story and a concept.

If you like my ideas plz reply.
    "Join me, and together, we will change Legacy as Fan and...uhm, fan."

PS:paradon my conquesting tension. I just like using words like "I, campaign, conquest, rule" etc

I believe you're looking for this site.

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Er, is this the sort of campaign where we have to roll for initative? :-B

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Back before we saw Storms #1 I actually remember talking about whether Stryfe would be made into a puppet emperor and told to don Krayt's armour and pretend he was Darth Krayt II.

Obviously that never happened.

I'm now more in favour of Veed being the first to face the galactic One Sith indoctrination program, and him thus becoming the new puppet emperor, brand new Maul tats, Wyyrlok mind control, and all. It's only fitting he should finally get his dream... just with the catch of becoming a drooling mind controlled servant in the process.

I'm not necessarily against Krayt's spirit still being somewhere should Morrigan and Cade go to Korriban, but I expect Krayt would by this stage be more interested in just destroying everybody than still believing in his failed vision. Resurrected Sith tend to be grumpy.

4. Edgeorge

Aug 25, 2008
    Yeah that's right. Krayt coming back himself would be a little jarring. But we could still HOPE he will during Nyna's and Cade's visit to Korriban.
    I am more in favor of ANY Sith wielding Krayt's armor once again. For me Krayt was just trhe trademark picture of Legacy and not seeing him drawn in panels anymore just isn't Legacy.

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Wyyrlok is well better than that leftover from Republic. :p

6. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    i think krayt is dead never to return. i would like to see someone try to redeem his spirit.

7. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I was glad Krayt went without any redemption that normally happens with well known characters who start light before going dark.

8. Hendo255

Hendo255 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 23, 2009
    I hope he's dead and gone for good. I HATE characters being brought back to life and that I like his helmet just isn't good enough reason for me to hope that he'll be back lol also, what makes you think Morrigan and Cade are going to go to Korriban? Seems to me like it will be Azlyn... Fel said that going to Korriban would be suicide and now he has someone who wants to die and would be ok with a one way trip for the sake of the Fel Empire

9. ThisIsMadness91

ThisIsMadness91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 19, 2009
    I say John and Jan should have Bane possess Wyyrlok and make them act like real Sith (seeking power, not peace and love;) ).

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  11. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    [face_sick] Predictable irony, really. JJM's political subtext isn't bad because there's crowning awesomeness that tends to dethrone it, but that, IMHO, would just be banal, teenage snickering. [face_plain]

I have to admit that Veed is pretty much the only character I have any hope/interest for in this series any more, and the only character apart from the predictability of plaster-saint Stazi who could actually end the mire that the story has waded into. I'm kinda hoping he shows up at Korriban with a shipfull of ysalamiri, and starts blockading or bombarding the Sith out of sight.

After all, when Callixte's distracted from her machinations, dropping firepower on annoying Force-sensitives from orbit is what he tends to do. [face_plain]

- The Imperial Ewok

12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I can't say I really see Veed becoming the unlikely anti-hero. He's entirely self-serving and will sell anyone out to get what he wants: if that means selling his girlfriend out to become emperor? So be it. Greed before love.

He'll probably even be thinking Nyna will like the idea. What he won't know, of course, is that her ex was a Jedi and that her son is on the Sith's most wanted list. No matter whether Veed achieves his dream or not, Nyna ultimately can't share in it with him. So long as the Sith exist, she can never be his empress.

If any Imperial character ends up helping bomb Korriban, I expect it'll end up being Fel, or if he's gone by that stage, then Marisiah. Veed just doesn't seem the candidate for it. Would he do it if events went in such a way that it would help him achieve his desires? Certainly. He has no loyalty to the Sith. But then, he has no loyalty to anyone else either. His loyalty is to himself, and if helping Wyyrlok helps Veed help himself, then so be it.
    Well, Nyna is the one who said she needs to find a way onto Korriban. So, my prediction is either that she sends Cade, or that she has a hidden Sith up her sleeve that we've not been told about. It just seems too convenient that one minute she needs a Force-user to infiltrate Korriban, the next minute she's bumping into Cade.

And when we know that the new emperor is being anointed in a couple of issues time, it strikes me that the poodoo is going to hit the fan back on Coruscant while she's off away on Tatooine. Which is also why I'm predicting Veed putting his personal ambitions above getting rid of the Sith: as he only ever cared about becoming emperor; Wyyrlok can just spin it that it was all Krayt's fault he was sidelined, but that he's a nice Sith, really.

That in turn secures Wyyrlok the loyalty of the fleet, even should the truth of Krayt's demise become public: he'll have given Veed what he wanted, and even if Veed finds out, Wyyrlok can turn things on their head and go "You should thank me for it." Then, with the military behind him, Wyyrlok can begin his master plan to make everyone One Sith.

Azlyn though? It's certainly a possibility if Nyna has more links to Fel than we know about.

13. ThisIsMadness91

Jun 19, 2009
    I think it would be cool for Veed to become a puppet Emperor, and maybe a member of the One Sith, but not a mind-controlled, will-less person. Perhaps buying into the Sith ideals a bit too much, but I think I'd be a bit peeved if he was completely brainwashed (it would be ironic, definitely, but it wouldn't really please me).

As for Krayt, I never really liked him as a Sith Lord (he felt more like a cross between a Dark Jedi and a Gray Jedi), so I was pleased to see him go.

But if this campaign were to work, I'd be impressed (with those who got him back, not with him coming back;) ).

14. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm still in no way convinced that Krayt is dead. He tells Wyyrlok just before he "kills" him that he's found a way to heal himself. I think thats hint enough for me right there.

15. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    There'd be a certain irony if he did exactly what Muur did, but rather than a necklace he put himself in his helmet. :p

16. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Are you going to call Stryfe 'Arthas', or should I?

17. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I hadn't actually thought of that... that's a pretty cool observation. [face_mischief]

Hold on a second... Krayt's even in his own "Frozen Throne" currently. Now Stryfe just needs to plunge his lightsaber through the shields caging his corpse and then retrieve the mask! [face_laugh]

How long before he starts hearing voices whispering in his head? "Complete the circle! Release me from this prison!" :p

18. Edgeorge

Aug 25, 2008
    Please let's not turn this into a Veed or Legacy speculation thread. This one is all about Krayt, I'm sorry.

19. ThisIsMadness91

Jun 19, 2009
    I think/hope the part where Krayt says he can heal himself was meant to be ironic. He finally leanrs how to heal himself without using Cade, then gets killed by his right hand man before he gets a chance to use it.

20. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Though, if we were going to go down the Warcraft route (Christie Golden's "Arthas: Rise of the Lich King", specifically), Stryfe would kick the mental **** out of Krayt's spirit and go on to inherit all his knowledge and power... so it wouldn't really be bringing Krayt back at all.

21. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    What's that based on, exactly? :p

That could be the irony, though - if Veed does take the throne, he'll lose Nyna, because (just like Krayt's key advisor) she has vast ego and a loopy personal agenda. Mara's only cool so long as she's vaguely trying to do the good-guy thing. Sacrifice!Mara or family-emotion-repression!Nyna...? Less so... [face_plain]

I'm not saying my analysis is RIGHT - I fear you're on target, tbh; but I'm lacking characters to care for or even vaguely support in this comic. [face_plain]

Veed's loyalty is to the Empire. [face_mischief]

Seriously, if you were faced with Roan and A'Sharad, and their general lack of, well, any of the stuff that defines the Empire, wouldn't you be cranky with them?

Roan's a Jedi Grand Master in a silly costume. Krayt's an insane Jedi Grand Master in a silly costume. Do Not Want. :p

And those ships and military assets that disappeared during the end of the war, and in Fel's escape... would make a convenient way to hide a battle group from everybody else...

Why does Veed need the Sith? [face_plain] Sure, Veed's a little naive, in the "what do we blow up next" sort of way of solving problems that he has - but he's a soldier. That's what they do, you know. And for Veed, "problems" tend to mean "un-Imperial" things, like hordes of lightsaber-waving nutjobs.

Yes, bombarding a training facility full of indoctrinated innocents would be a horrible thing, and one I'd abhor, but I can see a soldier doing it (and for what it's worth, I doubt the entire Sith Order has many more people in it than were on the Dauntless... [face_plain]).

The Sith Order are in the Empire's way. Veed's seemed pretty repelled by their attempts to infiltrate and corrupt his country. :(

Well,

22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I don't necessarily disagree... I just think his first loyalty is to himself, with the Empire ultimately coming in second. Even if his long term plan remains finding a way to get the Sith out the picture in order to fully secure the throne for himself, in the short term I can still see him selling everyone else out for his own ends.

It's just my general reading of the Moffs as a whole. While initially the Moffs who turned on Fel may have had the Empire's interests at heart, the minute Krayt double crossed them and they still swore allegiance to him they proved their own self interests came first. Wyyrlok himself has already noted that without the fleet's continued support the Sith would be in trouble, so if Veed really wanted to be king maker he'd have played that hand by now.

...of course, it may yet be that is precisely what he plans to do in his audience with Wyyrlok. I'm just sceptical about whether I can see Wyyrlok being out-politicked.
    I think it's as much "Can Veed survive without the Sith?" as it is "Can he do it with them?" He's really up against the same wall Wyyrlok is: they both need each other. Which might make their discussion a contest of equals, but like Veed said himself in the last issue: unless he's got an edge before that happens, he's going to have little choice but bow before Wyyrlok the same way he had to Krayt.

If the new coronation wasn't so soon I'd perhaps be more open to the idea of Nyna getting to Korriban (or an agent to Korriban) in time to report back to Veed about Krayt's true status. I don't think there's enough time for that though.

It could also just turn out that Wyyrlok himself becomes Emperor; I just feel that'd be a too predictable, and could easily have just happened off screen as it wouldn't reveal anything we couldn't already have guessed. That's why I feel Veed's the more likely candidate. But I accept that's more just my personal opinion talking, as I just find Emperor Wyyrlok less interesting.

And my apologies to Edgeorge for going off on a tangent. [face_blush] :p

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

John Ostrander has a plan, and he's been telling a great story so far, so I'm sure I'll like wherever the story decides to go.

I liked Krayt's character, but I like Wyyrlok's character a lot too, especially with his plan to convert the entire galaxy into "One Sith."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.