main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Vol 2. #6: Outcasts of the Broken Ring, part 1 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, May 11, 2013.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'd say Todd's point is any changes are going to be minor, after all you're not really going to depart much from the core aspects, it's armour!

The Romans used the same armour design for hundreds of years because it worked, the Empire's the same, they might make small changes here and there, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

2. HWK-290

HWK-290 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 29, 2013
    Just for that...

3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hah, I counter with the Power of Teh Plot card!

4. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I loved the line about Palpatine and Vader. Damn, did that make me smile. Also, love the art, very painting-like and giving each scene an epic look. It's the same kind of "large scope"-style I loved about Cam Kennedy, but more "runny", like watercolors.

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, the artwork has a definite Dark Empire vibe to it. While I am typically a more of a fan of art in the style of Weaver, Wheatley, Duursema, and Francia, for whatever reason this style really works for this new series.

--Adm. Nick

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    In Legacy #0, it's described that while the armor still looks the same (except it's been adapted to include more species too), it has actually become stronger and more durable.

spicer likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Bout time.

8. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Whoa. :eek:

I think I like where this is going.
    A Rule-of-Two Sith taking on the One Sith... and not being coy-and-slinky about it but intentionally making himself a media star... that's new. And awesome. And the Triumvirate deciding not to off a Sith because for the moment he's hurting other Sith makes complete sense in one way, but is totally wrong in another (especially as that's probably all part of Wredd's grand plan, whatever that may be) -- so once again we find our protagonists on the wrong side of a galactic government, without that government having to be intrinsically evil. That's how it's done. =D=

Seriously, I think with this issue at the latest Legacy vol.2 has grown its beard.

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Is it going to go full beard? It should never go full beard!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Backbench Jedi

Backbench Jedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2013
    The death of the other sith was just beautiful.

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I like that he didn't go out like a punk. He totally held his own in the fight, beating back a surprise attack and initially holding the upper hand. I guess I expected it to just be a lightsaber in the back and then lunchtime, so the fact that it was a real fight really stood out to me.

Point Given , Tzizvvt78 and spicer like this.
  12. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    A pretty good issue. The artist is really similar in style to Hardman, if they can keep this up it'll be great. One thing I noticed throughout the series so far is that they don't waste time on transition panels, they just jump straight to a new scene (usually on a new page). I feel like it helps with the pacing and lets them fit in a little extra content than they would normally get.

13. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I haven't read the issue yet but the art of the first arc was much more appealing to me than Dark Empire. As stylized as it was, It seemed like a bit "much" after awhile. With Legacy Volume 2 I feel there is both a stylized look and a sense of clarity. I hope the new art continues this.

spicer and Gorefiend like this.
  14. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    So, were I to say I have no idea what this series is about and what's happened since Cade--how would someone bring me up to speed?

15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    In a nutshell- Cade finally fulfilled his destiny and defeated Krayt and seems at peace with himself, the One Sith scattered and decided to infiltrate governments everywhere to gather power, and a new Triumvirate made up of Admiral Stazi, K'kruhk of the Jedi and Empress Marasiah Fel now rules the known galaxy, although they're not in great shape either, having just fought a major war against the One Sith and most of the Empire.

So now everybody is rebuilding and things are possibly going back to normal... when a mysterious Sith ambushes an Imperial Knight on his way to a remote system and a young girl named Ania Solo is swept up into events. That's basically volume 2, I think and its off to a great start. Personally I'm just glad not to be stuck following Cade's story anymore.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  16. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I would have thought that it would be difficult for the One Sith to infiltrate anything, since they made a big deal of dyeing themselves red. Perhaps these normal-looking infiltrators are (or were recently) mostly apprentices. Wredd and Saarai being two of the only three One Sith I've seen without the Sith tatoos besides Krayt.

17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Sith vs Sith? WANT MOAR PLZ!!!!!

I've been shoutin' from the rooftops in the ST boards that the Rule of Two isnt some legal document, but a fundamental aspect of Sith psychology. I' m looking forward to a glorious implosion of the Sith Order, illustrating why Bane implemented the rule in the first place.

18. AlyxDinas

AlyxDinas Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2010

Well, some of the major Sith we know seem to be in recluse more than anything from what we can tell. The last we saw of Talon, she was stalking the shadows and Maladi seemed to have set up her own laboratory in a remote location. Nihl? Well, I wouldn't be shocked to hear that he's actually hiding in some crazy sublevel of Coruscant, right under everyone's nose. But you're right, those who are suited to infiltration would be the Sith not known well from the war. Although location is everything. If you're on a backwater enough planet, tattoos or not, no one's going to do much.

Plus, the markings can be faked and maintained. Draco infiltrated the Sith by combination of his own rage and his visual appearance. I'd imagine that's not limited to just him. Heck, with the right talent in mental powers, a Sith might just be able to alter people's perceptions of them as it is.

tjace and spicer like this.
  19. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    no, it's definitely a different helmet type. also the armor is a bit different, the leg armor has three pieces instead of just two from the OT stormtroopers.

that said i do recall OT-style helmets appearing occasionally in the original run of Legacy, although i was never sure if it was an art error or some units just kept the old helmet style.

20. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I also noticed (can't remember if it was this issue or an earlier one) that Yalta Val has been assigned to teach Knights-in-training. I thought that was Treis Sinde's job?

21. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I'm loving Legacy Vol. 2 so, so much. Between the art that has a very painted feel, with solid colors that just scream STAR WARS (check the last couple of pages where the only colors really are black, red and white), the interesting characters that beg to be expounded upon and a great widening universe feel that makes the story feel organically expansive. Can't wait to see more of Jao, Ania, AG-37, every triumvir, Darth Wredd (who's got a badass look to him) and of course Sauk.