main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lessons in the FORCE - questions for the Dark Side

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Siri-Tachi, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    What do you suppose is the training for the Dark Jedi? Comments? What do you think, pain, lessons in hate? hmmm....

2. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Well, without a copy of the Darth Maul book handy, I'd say it would be similar to Jedi training. Studies of concentration, focus, and getting in tune with the force. But instead of remaining calm, serene, it draws upon emotions, anger, fear, and hatred to fuel the fire.

The missions and assignments they embark upon are likely destructive in nature, ones to help hone the control of the power they wield. Also, I'm sure they study their adversaries, the Jedi, most intensely.

As Palpatine himself said, "All seek power and fear to loose it". Yoda tried to get Anakin to let go of his fear, and of his love for Padme. Palpatine used Ani's fear of loosing her, of her death, as well as his desire for power to turn him.

3. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I am still thinking on this, and will try to post a serious reply later. For now, though, I found a link that might amuse and is at least marginally on topic...

http://www.livejournal.com/users/evadne_noel/20062.html

Here's the REAL skinny on Revenge of the Sith.

Heh heh heh.

Seriously, it's funny.

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Of course, just HAD to read it the moment you sent it.. and then HAD to re-assemmble my printer to my laptop at work to print it out. (Did anybody realize that this thing runs 32 pages?) So, now not only is my little bitty portable printer (which prints about 2 pages a min) struggling to get this thing out. I'm busy looking around hoping that I don't get caught. And then, of course, I just HAVE to go and run a couple of copies for a couple of other teachers who are huge fans.. cause I know that they will spew tea like I did laughing over it...

So thanks, Kai...for a fun, eventful day of sneaking around at work.

:)

5. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    You're so welcome. I am here to corrupt you to the Slacker Side of the Force.

- Kai, slackin'...

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    <bows to Kai> Thank you Master, for teaching me the ways of the Slacker! [face_whistling]

7. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I sense in you, great potential, Padawan. But you must learn to guard yourself against the over-achiever side. For one thing, your knee will take great offense...

;)

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    So now we are not only the Irreverent Side of the Force, but the Slacker Side of the Force as well.. I LOVE THIS GROUP!!! Hmmm need to get onto Siri about those t-shirts! :)

9. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Patience!! (oh was that the voice of Qui-Gon I heard? Must be his lightsaber I carry.) The design is in the works. I will have to check out this site be I log.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.