main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Let's talk about trailer #2...!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    I concur. After all it's Star Wars.

B99 and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  2. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    I'm not sure what I want to see... What I think we'll see is more of the new characters that we have not seen, maybe a better shot of the villain. I also think we'll get some dialogue that will give some very limited sense as to what the film is about. I would say 60/40 we see Han, Leigh and Chewie and 0% chance we see Luke's face. Although we see may a shadow of him or a cloak or something. I also think he will be referenced either by name Luke Skywalker or the missing Jedi or something like that...

3. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    What I would like to see.

1. A glimpse of both a Space Battle, and Ground Battle
    2. Original Cast
    3. Rey wielding a Lightsaber

What I don't want to see.

1. BB-8
    2. 3 pronged Flamesaber
    ;)

4. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    ESB might not have had a space battle but it did have an awesome air battle. Given the physics of those space fights it all amounts to basically the same thing. If all we get is ground combat and maybe a little running away in the Millenium Falcon I'd be extremely disappointed.

danmcken and Bennihana like this.
  5. JJRosso

JJRosso Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 19, 2014
    I know I've read a lot of rumours and spoilers but I hate it when trailers show pretty much the entire film. So as long as they don't do that, I will be happy. Keep it vague and interesting. The teaser was good because of what it didn't show you.

6. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    Hopefully based on the X-Wing shot in the trailer we'll get a sweet air battle at the very least! I did love the space battles in the PT and OT so I'm holding out hope for one of those as well.

7. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Luke, walking toward the screen, ignites his lightsaber and says "one scene my ***." ;)

8. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    That was the best scene in the trailer. But it didn't look like they were about to enter combat to me. I suspect they were looking for something or rushing to get somewhere in time. Poe certainly seemed a bit desperate. If there is a big battle we haven't seen the leadup to it yet. It'd likely happen towards the end of the film and that clip with Poe strikes me as being nearish the middle. But really, why build an airbase and all those X-Wings if you aren't gonna use them?

9. Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus of Rhodes Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2014
    I think we'll get a short, that hopefully won't reveal much, but it will hook us in(-to the story). Probably no Luke, since his screen time maybe shorter then trailer-time lol, but I suppose we'll get to see Han Solo in action.

I hope to hear more score, with that exaggerated basse-line, sounds amazing.

10. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I want to see wedge flying an x-wing, two Death Stars painted on the side, vape some squint.

11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I just want the excitement and interest I found in the first teaser to be even greater with this first trailer. Oh and seeing a bit more of the new cast. I know the OT folks will turn up sooner or later, but the more interested I am in the new characters, great.

12. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    I need official information. Please Disney.

darth dariakus and B99 like this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    COME ON APRIL/celebration...:(

14. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    It's March the 2nd....

15. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Does anyone find it weird that Kennedy and Abrams said to Mark that they won't be showing the old cast in the first trailer and they are saving them for later?

because if they show Luke then........that's basically all there is of him. So why would there be any of that happening period? That sorta stuff makes me suspicious of the rumors.

TheBBP likes this.
  16. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

While I agree with you, I am reminded of the TF4 trailers that just about showed all of the screentime that the Dinobots recieved. I know, I know... Apples =/= Oranges, but still.

17. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    TheBBP

While I can see that we know Abrams wouldn't show the ending scene of his movie. He's not that type of filmmaker. Now, it begs to question the rumor because you'd think it'd be obvious to Hamill that he wouldn't be used at all but he made it seem like 'his scenes' would make the movie look bad.

TheBBP likes this.
  18. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I suspect new tag lines for the film will be something like this:

"If you thought your childhood was ruined with the Phantom Menace....You haven't seen anything yet!"

Cue to Luke's only scene for a half a second.

19. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Disregard.

20. MyDarkstar

MyDarkstar Jedi Master star 1

Nov 8, 2014
    Rey in a gold bikini.

21. SomeoneSomewhere

SomeoneSomewhere Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 24, 2014
    Looking at the shape of the story and the second Avengers trailer, something tells me we're just going to get more of the sand planet, with maybe some quick shots of the Rebel Base. If JJ really wants to mess with us, we'll get clips of the Big 3, up to and including Luke, but not show enough for us to tell the context of the quick shots.

22. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    Yeah, while I'm hoping for something with a little more dialog and plot hints, I'm expecting more bombastic John Williams music, ominous voice overs, and cool shots that catch the eye but don't give too many hints to the plot.

23. AusDave79

AusDave79 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 26, 2014
    What I want to see. 1. Stormtroopers everywhere, VS Han and Chewy.

2.A better look at the cast and the Xwings and Falcon and shots of the lightsaber fight or fights, plus a shot of Luke with his green lightsaber and a scene talking to Leia and Han. Please JJ.=D=

darth_mccartney likes this.
  24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Lmao. I love it.

25. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    To the contrary.. they are flying in attack formation..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.