main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Liam Gallagher - TEETH = Poetic Justice

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by UK Sullustian, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    From dotmusic.com:

"Liam Gallagher could face assault charges following a brawl in Germany, after allegedly kicking a policeman in the chest, it has emerged.

The Oasis wildman, who suffered serious damage to his front teeth in the violent fracas, was arrested at the scene of the fight, which happened in a Munich nightclub on Saturday night.

German police are now reported to be considering charging Gallagher with assault on a policemen, despite initial claims that the incident was the result of an "unprovoked attack" on the Oasis entourage.

According to the BBC, police have rejected the band's version of events and will now consider further action. Gallagher, drummer Alan White and three others, believed to include two bodyguards, were arrested after the incident, but later released without charge.

All five spent a night in cells, forcing the group to cancel last night's show in the city. They have now pulled a second date, this time tonight's concert in Hamburg at the Colorline Arena.

Liam suffered facial injuries, including several broken teeth, in the attack, while both bodyguards needed hospital treatment. One is believed to have been knocked unconscious, after a confrontation with a gang of youths, who fled before police arrived.

A statement released by Oasis today confirms the latest gig cancellation. It reads: "Tonight's show in Hamburg at the Colorline Arena has been postponed while Liam has further dental work to repair his two front teeth. The two postponed shows should be rescheduled shortly."

UKS

2. Sebulba_Sloan

Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 2002
    LMFAO [face_laugh]

Ah, the Northern G*t got what's been coming to him for years :D

Poetic Justice indeed :p

3. Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge

Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2002
    His new name is Gappy Gallager!!! :p

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I dont see how having your two front teeth being knocked out is funny. Maybe it's just me having to live with it since I was 10, but I dont see the humour.

5. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Cos it's Liam Gallagher and he's the kind of guy who had it coming to him. Shame they didn't get any pics :)

6. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    NOONE deserves it.

7. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    If a person starts a fight then I think they deserve it. Sure, if they didn't start the fight then that's different. At the end of the day, people get what they ask for and if they go around asking for violence, they will get it eventually. He's lucky it wasn't worse.

8. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    I never did like the Gallagher brothers!

9. KINGSNOWY

KINGSNOWY Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2002
    Anyone catch his vocals on the Death in Vegas song Scorpio Rising? Best thing hes done in years...

10. Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge

Dec 3, 2002
    Yip, kingsnowy- a very good song indeed!

BTW ReaperFett- considering Liam G is the type of person who would probably have laughed at you loosing yer teeth at 10 or probably wanted to punch them out then I wouldnt take it too personally. :) We all have our hang ups! I'm trying to forget the long list of mine!! :p

11. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    It's about time someone tought him a lesson. Although, I would still like to see him and Robbie Williams go at it for a while (a scrap, I mean)!

Would using this smiley face :)D) be appropriate for this thread?

:p

12. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Reaper, what I meant by "Poetic Justice" was that Liam G has a reputation of thinking he is some sort of "hard man" and for years has been threatening, attacking and fighting everyone at every opportunity, with the help of his VERY LARGE AND MEAN security guards, (so keeping him very safe.. unlike his opponents!)

Thus, "those who sow the wind reap the whirlwind", and finally he has been given a taste of the sort of thing he has dished out/caused to be dished out over the years.

Add to that the fact that his obsession with how "good" he looks, means that his emasculation by this act is true Poetic Justice.

UKS

13. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    I do think Liam could be quite a hard man in a 1-1 fight.

Ad yes he'd laugh at me, Ima Manchester United supporter. Your point? ;)

And about his singing, it IS great in that song you said about. Personally, I actually prefer Noel's voice though :)

14. Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge

Dec 3, 2002
    I'm a Man U fan too! Lets take em, ReaperFett!!!! :p

15. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    ManU fans :eek: I'm a City fan - no surprise since I am from Manchester after all ;)

As for Oasis - songs are reasonable but the singing style of both the Gallaghers is terrible - kinda irritating drone.

16. Obi-Kedobi

Obi-Kedobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    What the hecks wrong with Noel's voice? Liam's i can understand not liking, but Noel's is fine.

17. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    Am I getting the two confused? Probably - I'm not a big fan. One of them sings like he has a sore throat - that's the one I thought was Liam.

18. DARK_SCORE

DARK_SCORE Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2000
    That's what happens to you when you pick a fight with a bunch of mafiosi... Heh! Heh! [face_devil]

19. lukestarkiller1977

lukestarkiller1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    this was quite funny... he probably deserved it and it cost him £20,000 in dentist bills to 'fix' his boat race.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.