main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Life was good back in 1984. (Daily task)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by Jedi Greg Maddux, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Ahh... here it is, the heart of the great decade known as the Eighties. I was two years old, living in a duplex in the Iowa countryside, and in love with cars or all kindses. [face_love]

My dad tells me stories about how cats would sneak up on our charcoal grill and steal steaks... stupid things. I was too little to remember much of what happened before I was 5 years old or so, but here's about the only thing I have any semblance of remembering.

All I ever did in my early childhood was marvel at automobiles. I just thought they were the coolest things on the planet... I even drew some kickass cars, my mom saved a few of my drawings.

My parents bought me literally hundreds of Hot Wheels, and I would do everything imaginable. I would race them along the rim of my playpen, I would stick them in my mouth, and my mom got after me for smashing a couple with bricks. I think I got that after watching a monster truck rally my parents took me to. :cool:

My dad even let me dink around on his Volkswagen Jetta, although I think I was 5 or 6 before he let me do that. I just loved cars.

Surprisingly, I didn't grow up to be a motorhead (at least I know how to change the oil!) but I just can't stress enough how much cars r0x0red my b0x0rz. :)

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    How could you smash cars with bricks? :eek: We loved you so much!!!
    They. I meant they.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.