main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Lightsaber Training Class - Wednesday night and Sunday afternoon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Zhi-don, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Alright...enough is enough! *Slaps self* Back to business.

Sunday's Class will resume as normal on the 5th of March. Aaron has told me that he will be attending and hopefully Kim will be there as well. A good time should be had by all.

2. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Yay! I should finally be all healed up from my little "accident" [face_blush] to be able to play!

3. tiepilottillard1701

tiepilottillard1701 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 10, 2003
    Good news, I shuled be back in the fight this wed if everything goes right on tuesday!

4. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Ok, even I can't let that one go. It's should!

5. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    Well as long you two are happy in you Tek world, then I am happy for he both of you.[face_dancing]

6. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    That's great news Matt, I look forward to crossing blades with you again

7. jedimasteramumkalla

jedimasteramumkalla Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2006
    Hello Master Zhi Don,

I don't know if you recall me sending you a message earlier, last month, but my name is Amum Sio Kalla, and I portray a Human Chalactan Jedi from the Anoo system, actually my real name is Al T., and I'm from Huntington Beach California.I'm 35, and very active in Martial Arts and sports, which keeps me in exceptional shape physically and spiritually. You may recall that Master Temonz, or Brian Montez referred me to you. I have a working knowledge in the Martial arts, and familiar with Kendo sword teqniques (although it has been some years that I wielded a shinai). I am very much interested in your class, and would also like directions to it as well. Also I am interested in the organization itself, and the only reason why I have not yet joined the costuming section (full membership ) of the Sunrider Base, is that I am in the process of acquiring a full set of Proper Jedi Robes and other equiptment with which I will use to "serve the Republic". I am also looking for a new Jedi Bendu Master as my original Master, a quiet, compassionate man named Nol Som (a Master of 5 martail arts) died a few years ago (really). He was an avid "student" (he never referred to himself as Master) of the Jedi ways as well, a collector of Star Wars memorabilia, and a good friend. We costumed in the Jedi tradition many years ago, but I was called away on military assignment (serving with the United States Marine Corps), to keep this tradition alive. Anyway, I would like to take up the sword once again, and if you know anyone looking to train an open minded, disciplined and spiritual Jedi, I will be most enthusiastic. I would even strike the title of "Master" and become a Padawan again, I have no pride concerning this. The only reason why I say "Master" for myself is that My Master Som finally bestowed that upon me before he passed on, but as he says "In the Zen Ways, your mind is always that of a beginner; never think that you cannot learn from others."
    BTW--Master, I have a great bio on the character, Amum Kalla, for you, when I submit pictures of me in my Jedi uniform out to the Sunrider Base.

Thank You Master Zhi Don, for your time and patience.

Amum Sio Kalla (Jedi-Priest of Anoo)

you may call me if you wish as well, I am local, my number is (562)447-7331. E-mail is tablerpara@yahoo.com

8. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    *Bows*

I am honored that you should consider joining our group. Brian did say that you would contact me. The class meets on Wednesdays from 630pm - 900pm at Twila Reid Park in Anaheim. The Sunday group meets from 200pm - 500pm at Willow Park in Anaheim. I will call you today to discuss this further. I will not be at class this Wednesday due to work. I will be at Sunday's class. In any case, you are more than welcome to join either class. We are always looking for people with skill and training to better ourselves and others.

*Bows again* Be welcome!

9. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Just to be in the presence of such Masters, I am truly honored. Can hardly wait to see you all again.. and this Knight is ready to start once again at the very beginning...so anyone up for adopting a Padawan? Hmmm Master Zhi-don?

10. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    It would be most difficult to call you a Padawan, Master Kenobi. At most what you are is getting in some serious practice time. I'm sure your skills will return after a few training sessions.

11. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    What about this weekend?

12. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Class will held on Sunday the 5th as normal. We may [I hope] have an out of town visitor. Aaron has said he will join us as well. Weather should be good, so everything looks like it should be a great class. Oh...Rob, if you come, take it easy on me. I've been out of practice for the last 3 weeks.

13. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Well Master, I would never I've been out of practice too. So, we are in the same boat.;)

14. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok guys, leaving early tomorrow morning for FIDM, then the FIDM Runway Show.

See you all Sun @ 2 at the park.

Kim :D

Zhi-Don,

I'll pm you my Cell #, in case rain does hit and practice is cancelled.

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey, just to let the two of you know that Jos and I made it home, safe, sound, exhausted and excited! Thanks again for the the wonderful training. We both learned more in the few hours we were there, than in the past 3 years combined! :D Already working on what you had taught us, starting a nightly practice session of our own, and can hardly wait to get back down and further our training. Lifelong learning and the first step into a larger world! :) ]

*Bows to the Master and the awsome Apprentice*
    Thanks again so very much from the both of us.

See ya in a couple of weeks.

K&J

16. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Glad you could make it to practice with us! It was fun! Too bad Aaron didn't show up.

I learned some things today too!

17. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Sunday's class was more fun than usual due to Kim [Master Kenobi] and her partner being there. Both are extremely competent fighers and would be a welcome addition to either Sunday's or Wednesdays classes. *KUDO's* to you both. It was great not only to see you again, but my pleasure to bang sticks with both of you as well. I also got the chance to view Lori's fighting skills. I do not often get a chance to see her fight anyone else, but I was not disapointed in her performance. You go girl! Matt made a rare appearance also and dispite his recent foot operation, made a good show of his skill. You have come a long way Matt! The only down side to Sunday, was that Aaron could not make it due to sickness. Get better dude! Hopefully I will not have to put in more overtime in a few weeks and can make it back to Wednesdays class. Until then.......I remain yours in the FORCE.

Zhi-don

18. tiepilottillard1701

tiepilottillard1701 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 10, 2003
    Large downpour last night, class still on?

19. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    You might want to ask a little earlier, next time, Matt. Or call Don and find out.

Yes, we did have class today.

It didn't really rain that hard in this part of Anaheim last night. But it was windy today. I was
    freezing!

20. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    I went to class on sunday and wednesday because I was on spring break. It was fun and I realized how much I truly hate school for keeping me occupied when I could be fighting.

21. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Jos and I will be back down for practice on the 9th. So there! :p

22. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    What is this? Liz might auctally make it to a Wed. class? Well the padres are out of town, so it may just happen. Just to make up for the fact that I wanted to get my RFT helmet painted before it rains, and my parent's leaving.

23. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I might try to make it on sunday next week if there is no meeting.

24. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    Once again, I'm stuck in school why all my homies are out fighting. This sucks.

25. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    We had a great class on Sunday a couple of weeks ago. Those who showed up were Aaron, Lisa and Marley...Smudge and Sabrina....along with Al. Matt showed up late as we were leaving. Lori couldn't make it due to other plans she had. There was no class last week due to the meeting, which I missed due to being ill. There will be no class this weekend due to the holiday.

Class will resume as usual next week. I have not been at Wenesdays class for weeks now due to having to work 12 hour days. I hope this will pass soon and things will get back to normal. I did drop by Wednesday night before I came down with the flu, to touch base with Smudge. Hope to see the rest of you guys soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.