main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

lightsabers in Lubbock

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by IB420, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IB420

IB420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    Are there any other SW fans in Lubbock who are collecting or working on their own lightsabers?

I'd like to meet with other lightsaber nuts to compare notes, discuss part suppliers, etc. I'd like to share what I have learned and see what other knowledge may be out there.

I'd also like to meet with anyone in the Lubbock area who works on their own costumes and other props and accessories.

email me or post here if you are interested.

2. Dolf

Dolf Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2000
    We could schedule an evening or a weekend day. I can't this Sat. or the week of 17th through the 23rd (June). Let me know what's good for you.

3. IB420

Apr 11, 2002
    cool!
    Yeah, this month is pretty well out for me, too, as my wife and I are moving into a house and will be pretty busy.

Maybe we should look at the 4th of July weekend or the week after.
    Hopefully this will also give us some time to get the word out so more people can attend; I'd like to meet some of the area fans IRL.

Any ideas for a meeting place?

4. Dolf

Dolf Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2000
    We used to meet at One Guy From Italy on 4th and Slide, but I'm up for any place. Either the 5th or 6th of July would work for me. After that I'll be gone for a week.

Anytime during the 5th or noon/afternoon on the 6th.

Hopefully, Ryan (JedimasterEd) can meet us also. And anyone else who reads this board!

5. IB420

Apr 11, 2002
    Saturday July 6th in the afternoon is perfect for me, and One Guy's on 4th sounds good. Gotta love that Calzone!

I'll put it in the ol' PDA and plan on being there unless We all decide otherwise.

6. sw1138fan

sw1138fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2001
    One Problem... One Guys has moved from 4th street. They are now located at 34th next to Coronado High School. I'd be up for meeting there. :)

7. IB420

Apr 11, 2002
    so, One Guy's on 34th on July 6th?

sounds good, I'll plan on that. Looking forward to meeting you.

8. IB420

Apr 11, 2002
    Hey ya'll...

Are we still on for the meeting at One Guy's on 34th for this Saturday?
    I work until 4pm, so I'd like to meet about 6-ish.

Does this qualify as a FanForce event and should we notify the local admin types? I know they like to have this stuff listed for all to see.

Still looking forward to meeting the Lubbock FanForce; I'll bring my 'saber...

9. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Let me know if this event is still taking place, asap, so I can post on FanForce main.

Also, looks like y'all need to pick a new City Rep, someone who will agree to be a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting their entire FanForce chapter and act as a liaison with FanForce staff.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a p.m.

Thanks!
    Brian

10. IB420

Apr 11, 2002
    hmmmm. well, I guess I'll show up about 5pm and see if anyone else is there.

I'll wear a SW tee shirt from Celbration I; it's white and features Darth Maul and little Anakin on the front.

11. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    So, did the meeting happen, or what ?[face_plain]

Please let me know, so we can work towards building the Lubbock FanForce once again! :cool:

12. IB420

Apr 11, 2002
    I was about an hour late for the meeting and couldn't find anyone there for it. Seems I'm the only one here for now or the others have no interest.

Any other Lubbock-bound Stars Wars fans, please email me or post here! I'd like to get together for the EpII DVD release and just hang out.

Thanks Nabooty Call for your concern, and I hope to hear from other Lubbock fans soon!!

13. TX_Knight

TX_Knight Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    I wouldn't know where to begin to build my own lightsaber, but I'd sure like to learn how. I would assume the metal tube would be the most important piece. One source might be from a bicycle or something (just thinking aloud).

14. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    TX Knight:

I'd be happy to get together with you sometime or just swap lightsaber building tips via email.

email me and let me know if you'd lke to get together. Also let me know if you are interested in helping me re-build the local Fan-Force.

TI-1420

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.