main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

List of things you didn't like about ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Jedi_Juice, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlutEngel

BlutEngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    During the OT we had nothing to compare them to, because it had never been done before.

I've thought of this before. Are most of us just bitter because we're already "wired" to see Star Wars the way it was introduced to us? Iread somewhere that Hamill sort of knew that Lucas wanted to make each trilogy (you know how there was supposed to be 12 Episodes) sort of different in look and feel?

Well. That's what he's done. So in a way at least Lucas is doing what is good f or him.

2. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    THERE IS NOTHING THAT I DISLIKED ABOUT SITH!!! I absolutely loved it. It could have been a lil longer, but due to time constraints that wasn't possible. I just craved for more that's all. I AM DEFINITELY GONNA COP THAT DVD WHEN IT IS RELEASED!!! Thank u George, I can die now.

3. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    When Palpatine yells "no, no" in the Mace confrontation, that was cheesy along with the scene where Padme is on the balcony brushing her hair.

No, it wasn't. I LOVED IT. It was sinister and sadistic. Ian should definitely get BEST ACTOR for this one.

4. Boiiinng

Boiiinng Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2004
    i personally love this movie..it went above and beyond my expectations even with being spoiled the only things i didnt care for was the amount of humor with R2 in the opening scenes..and the fact that at least in some scenes it was uttlery quiet there wasnt any music going on..i love the score i own it and what not it's just it hardly seem to come out in full force until the ending

I totally agree. The soundtrack was barely noticeable. And scenes were not matched properly to the music that was in the background. Case in point...Palpatine walking over to Yoda on the floor...the music should have been ominous, low chords, instead it was rehashed ESB high pitch, quick music from the Luke/Vader duel. Also the music playing as Vader and the clones approached the Jedi Temple gave no complement to the severity of the scene.

The soundtrack alone is one of the best scores I've ever heard, but it's horribly matched in the movie.

5. MasterFellow

MasterFellow Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2005
    i was spoiled beyond belief before i saw ROTS, and there is no other movie more rewarding than this one. "I'm not the fan I should be, I want more!" hmmm sounds familiar. people just be content. Best star wars film out there, then empire comes after that. sorry to you ppl that didnt like this one, seems like you just took a giant crap on yourself before the movie and thats why you didnt like the movie.

6. Taleswrapper

Taleswrapper Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I don't agree with it being horrible like some are saying - but I do agree with exactly everything you said. The second time around some scenes were easier to stomach (Nooooooo!) but really, how do you not sit in the editing room and say 'We gotta do something about that'. Also, expected much more from Grevious. Not at all what I expected - but liked it none-the-less. Biggest dissapointment - 60 seconds of wookies. I've been waiting 28 years to see Kashyyyk and some real wookie action. Definetly not enough Chewie, Tarful, etc. Finally the obvious problem with Leia remembering her mother - Pretty big blunder that shouldn't have missed. Still, loyal to the end I'll see it another dozen times.

7. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Just a quick comment for not liking the Padme hair brushing scene:

Had they had better dialogue, Anakin not been in full uniform or laughed about Anakin's lovey-dovey faux pas it would have been a sweet scene.

As it is, when a woman has her hair curled like Padme did in that scene you don't brush it out without completely losing the curl. She SHOULD've been finger-combing her hair. I haven't seen a hair gaff so bad since 'Legally Blonde'.

8. UberP

UberP Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    what the hell are you people talking about???? the music was beautiful... Order 66 had to of been the best edited sceen i have ever watched in star wars. that, or suited vader.

plus the vaderrage sceen made me cry. it was so great to see suited vader. it made me happy. : )

ROTS=best SW movie

9. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    There's only one small detail that I didn't like in the movie, but it certainly didn't ruin anything for me. The scene with Anakin in the Temple and looking out the window to see Padme's apartment, while Padme was in her apartment and looking out the window to the Jedi temple was a little too long. The music was great, but I think it could've been shortened a little.

10. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    ^^^ I loved that scene and its one of those where the music actually did match up.

I agree with some folks about music editing. The music editing in this was not much better than clones. A lot of re-used pieces of music for scense in this film

Foir instance, the Crashing of Grevious' ship is exactly the same piece of music as the Federation ship blowing up in TPM. Just seems Lazy, but I didn't let it bother me beyond noticing.

I think part of the problem is the scoring of the film is like THE LAST thing they do. It should happen at the same time IMOHO.

Vader's Nooo didn't bother me, because I know they were going fo a match up to the NOOOO that Yoda hears in episode 2. However, my wife laughed out loud at this! It did kind of break the mood for a bit.

11. ObiWanZ3

ObiWanZ3 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    The only gripes were in dialouge.

Vader's NOOOO!

Also there was a scene on the balcony at night between the two that WAS REALLY cheesy in some part.s They were talking like teenagers.

BUT THE ONE THAT CRAKED ME UP was Anakin on Mustafar (I think) talking about some thing and then he says something along the lines of "only my Powers can do that" or "you need my powers or soemthing". That repsonse was realy stupid. Does anyone remember the exact line?

12. Spit334

Spit334 Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2005
    The movie was great, but the viewing was well...

At my 1st viewing today two of the worst possible things happened

1. A birthday party of about 40 ten year olds showed up at the movie, I immediatly started thinking of the slaughter scene...

2. The movie broke down in the middle, just like my nightmare from last week, oddly enough, It happened when Anni is talking to Yoda about his dreams... weird...

Will have to see it again, and again...etc.

13. Swinging_Ewok

Swinging_Ewok Jedi Master

Jul 26, 2002
    I didn't like when it ended. I'd sit through 20 years of real time movie to bridge the gap until ANH and never once get up to tinkle

14. CorranH

CorranH Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2002
    Jedi Juice,

word.

15. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I think it moved way too fast way too often, but even that's a minor complaint to me.

16. thpd

thpd Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    I was hoping that the "No disintegrations!!" from Empire would be covered. Boba Fett didn't even make a cameo.

17. Tony123

Tony123 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    why do you guys complain about Darth Vader's NOOOOOO
    thing. You have to remember the 2 facts: first that
    Darth Vader is about 20 years younger and that James
    Earl Jones is about 30 years older. You at least have to give the makers some respect for that.

18. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    I like that Vader staggered. He is walking on new machine legs for the first time ever. *shrug*

19. nuby-one

nuby-one Jedi Master

Jul 10, 2002
    Vader?s ?nooo? was a bunch of crap. I don?t know I don?t think it would have been as bad if he would have just yelled ?Ahhhhhhh?. I don?t know that just me. The fact that it was a cheesy ?noooo? is fine. Luke did the ?nooo? is ESB and I had no problem with that. However, when adding the Vader voice to an already cheesy ?noooo?, I think it?s a formula for the worst part of the movie.
    I knew it was coming, but I did not expect it to be that bad. It to me made a joke out of Vader, it was almost laughable. O-well, the rest of the movie I thought was pretty good.

20. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    In no order-

1. Vader's "NOOOOOO!" It just wasn't right, I'm not against him freaking out and then saying NOOOO, but not in that way, it just sounded completely wrong.

2. The fact that the OS hyped up Wookiees to be huge in this movie, and the fact that we saw action on Kashyyyk for about a minute total. Seriously, that was horrible.

3. Not seeing more of Anakin actually raiding the Temple. They should've shown what Obi-Wan saw on the hologram when he was with Yoda.

4. The opening space battle was really not the huge battle we heard it was. It was really just Obi-Wan and Anakin on their mission, with a lot of fancy stuff in the background. The only action we got other than Obi-Wan and Anakin was when The Invisible Hand and the other ship were going at it next to each other.

5. The amount of droids that were killed in the beginning. It got to the point of ridiculous. I know it's showing that they're really not useful, but still. And the fact that they had really dumb voices in this one, when before they barely said anything.

6. CGI R2 and 3PO. R2 because he had too many gizmos and everything at the beginning, 3PO because the scenes with him on the landing platforms looked TERRIBLE.

7. Some of the editing, like cutting away from Anakin marching up to the Temple when it cut to Utapau. HORRIBLE! IT'S ANAKIN RAIDING THE TEMPLE- NO CUTTING!

8. Some dialoge here and there, blah blah blah. Typical Star Wars stuff.

9. No Qui-Gon!

21. darkmakr

darkmakr Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    "How does Leia remember her real mother?"

Remember she is force sensitive. although that doesn't explain why luke can't remember padme.

22. darthxman

darthxman Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    When the OT came out we had never seen anything quite like the SW movies. But now 28 years later after having lots of movies of this type we all know better and we expect better.

I cant believe how MEAN and disgusting some people are being on this thread to those who have a few gripes about this movie.

First of all thats what this thread is for! Hello! read the title! And if you dont want to hear gripes dont enter.

And secondly why do people take it personally if some of us didnt like the movie? Did YOU make the movie? What do you care if we had some reservations? Chill. Go start a "Why ROTS is the best movie ever made" thread if you want. Geez. Everyone has a right to their opinions.

Just because we mention the things we didnt like doesnt mean that we are not fans of SW. I may hate one or two movies out of the saga but I still love SW over all and I still thank Lucas for creating it in the first place. I just think it could be better here and there. Whats wrong with that?

23. Veraden

Veraden Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I have one complaint about ROTS.

The Jedi Temple raid. Hardly any of it was shown. I was happy that the scene with the younglings was cut. If that was shown, it would have been a little over the top. But perhaps they could have fitted in a little with Anakin taking out some masters. Cin Drallig for example.

Still, the movie was fabulous. I just thought it would have been better to see Vader convincingly win a fight or two blade to blade. He is beaten by Obi-Wan on Mustafar. And the next we see of him he can hardly swing the thing.

Anyways, thats just my opinion.

24. Famsen

Famsen Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    Did Palps *really* lie when he tells Vader that in his anger he killed Padme? I think this is actually the truth. Anakin's force strangle and his turn to the dark side is what made her "loose her will to live", and die, right?

25. DarthContinent

DarthContinent Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    Grevious sounded just like that cartoon villian who is a brain inside a glass jar who is bent on ruling the world while implanted on the head of a stupid Bear.

You know the show I'm talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.