main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO LISTEN UP YOU SLACKERS! (everyone MUST read)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by yodaboy, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    :eek:
    OK SLACKERS! I'm not AT ALL pleased with you! Poor old Tabee sent out 28 emails to you so called memebers for the voting of our icon and banner. You know how many she got back? 5. If you're not planning on voting FINE, send her an E-mail saying you're abstaining from the voting. If you didn't get one TELL HER! so that she can send you one and get your E-mail on the list for the next mailing.

You slackers DISGUST ME!

2. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I did it!

Maybe using PMs would be more efficient.

3. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    " Maybe using PMs would be more efficient. "

I think so.

4. yodaboy

Feb 5, 2001
    meh, doesn't change the fact that y'all are slackas! ;) :D

5. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    actually, no using PMs would not be more efficient.

I realize it would be easier for y'all to vote with PMs, but it would take me a long time to PM everyone. I don't have enough room on my WUL to add all of you, so I would end up having to hunt some people down and that would be difficult.

So in the long run, it would save all of you time, but take time from me, and I'm busy gosh darn it :p

6. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Maybe everyone who hasn't voted so far should just vote over PM. Maybe Tabee can't PM everyone, but everyone can sure PM her :p

7. yodaboy

Feb 5, 2001
    that sounds good...

//waits for tabee

8. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    that sounds like a lovely idea, shall I post the choices here?

9. yodaboy

Feb 5, 2001
    yes ma'am!

10. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    alright. I'll even be nice and give y'all til Friday :)

and I know which of you have already voted, so don't try to vote again!

and on to the choices
    for icons we have:

yodaboy's and evil empress'

for banners we have:

Brian's, George Louis', and yodaboy's

pick one for each category :)

Happy Voting :)

11. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I agree with Yodaboy. This is friggin rediculous. Everyone that made these banners and icons spent a lot of time doing so, and only 5 people were willing to spend the 30 seconds it takes to decide and vote. Obviously, nobody really gives a crap about destinguishing ourselves from the other fanforce chapters. Go to pretty much any other official chapter, and they have a banner and icon. It looks really bad when we've had several completed ones for months now yet still don't have one up.
    So if you didn't vote, please do so. Like I said, it takes 30 seconds, so their's really no excuse not too.

12. Son_of_Suns

Son_of_Suns Jedi Grand Master

Mar 16, 2002
    Actually, there is a quite good reason to not vote. To quote Office Space, it's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. Why should I vote for something about which I have no opinion when my vote might counter the vote of someone who really does care? I know some of you prefer one over the other, so go ahead and vote. I, on the other hand, have no preference, so I'd rather those who do be the ones to choose. As for e-mailing to let someone know I won't be voting, I would think that not voting would make it pretty clear that I'm not voting. Set a due date and stick with it. If you only have 5 votes, then probably only 5 people really care which wins and the one with the most votes should win, even if it only has 3 votes.

13. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    ^ Slacker

14. yodaboy

Feb 5, 2001
    ^ I agree with her

15. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    Son_of_Suns, I completely understand your reasoning. However, it does not explain why 23 people didn't bother to vote. It's not that complicated and I choose to do it through e-mail because I believe most people check their e-mail more than these forums. Although that isn't the case for all of us. ;)

I also understand that you don't see the point in letting me know you did not wish to vote. But it would have been courteous of you to do so.

Now, you are probably right about closing the vote on the day I specified. If I had done that in the first place, we would have had our banner up back in Febuary, when I started this whole thing. But I want as many people as possible involved in this decision, I'm not the only one who has to live with it. If I were, I woulda picked my favorite and said snot to y'all. :p

I do realize that the lack of participation may be partly my fault. Meetings are few and far between, and the meetings we have had haven't really covered everything that needs to be done.

But, I am not the only one to blame. There are at least 28 other people who know of the FF and are capable of pitching in and helping me plan things. Much as yodaboy has done with this thread.

Now, if the other twenty-some people share your view Son_of_Suns, then obviously we will go with what those 5 people voted for. But I sincerely hope that is not the case, I would like for everyone to have a say in this.

EDIT: just cuz I'm in college doesn't mean I understand grammar

16. Sith-Kazar

Sith-Kazar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I did vote, but I PMed. I just figured that beccause we did that last time I would do it again. Did you get mine?

17. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    yes, I got it :)

actually, yours was the first one I got

18. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    [Luke Voice]Well I care...[/Luke Voice]

And I voted!

19. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I voted.

20. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    i voted but i will vote again :) and the banners dont work except for yodaboy's.

21. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    just add a ? to the end of the link and they should work

22. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Or, if you go to my site and click on the banner link, you can see it that way. Geocities is annoying like that.

I'm still trying to direct link to stuff on my web space here at school. I'm working on a visual effects test right now. When I'm done with it, I'll try posting a link directly to it here.

23. Sith-Kazar

Sith-Kazar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks Tabee, I just noticed you PMed me back. :)

24. yodaboy

Feb 5, 2001
    I think the deadline for votes should be this sunday? Maybe next sunday?

25. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    why do you want to do that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.