main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Look Back, a short Ani and Jaina Solo fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SoloFel_RebelGirl, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    i thought i posted this topic before, but i didn't see it...bear with me, i'm new at this. this is very short, i know...oh, this takes place 2 years before Dark Nest. Jaina is already feeling the post-mindmeld detatchment, so Luke suggested she go to Dagobah...

Jaina Solo had tried to prepare herself for Dagobah. She had gone through numerous physical and mental tests given to her by almost every Master in the Order. She thought she was ready. Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara thought she was ready. Heck, even Kyp had thought she was as prepared as she was ever going to be. But somehow she doubted that any of them thought she would have difficulty doing this.

So here she was, former pilot of Rouge Squadron, Commander of the Twin Suns, Colonel of the Galactic Alliance, daughter of the famed Han Solo, and she couldn?t manage to land her own X-wing. Okay, so she had managed to get her ship on the surface of the planet, but did it really count as landing when you where 200 feet away from any actual land? She didn?t think so, at least not a landing Jaina Solo would want anyone else witnessing.

She sighed. Solo! She scolded herself. Quit wishing you where a better pilot and start swimming! She shuddered at the thought, though she knew there was no way around it. Her astromech droid, Cappie, whistled to her nervously.

?No, Cappie, you don?t have to come with me. It?s safer for you to stay here.?

Cappie gave a little droid sigh of relief. Jaina smiled, thinking of the stories Luke had told her about how Artoo had fallen out of the X-wing and had been swallowed and spit out again by some sea monster. Sea monster. She glanced down at the water, suddenly even more wary of her little swim.

Just then, her X-wing jolted, nearly throwing Jaina off the edge. She grabbed on to her one of her S-foils, and then realized that her ship was sinking, and quickly. She started to scramble back to her cockpit, then grasped that with her repulsor lifts completely submerged, there was a very good chance that she couldn?t take off.

She spat a choice Corellian curse. Somehow she didn?t think she could handle the whole ?Size matters not? thing. Cappie let out a shrill whine, asking Jaina to do something. She bit back another curse as it dawned on her that her choices consisted of a) levitating her X-wing over to the shore, or b) swimming to shore, risking the threat of unseen things, and then lifting her ship over to shore.

2. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    the sad thing is, there's only 3 most posts that size in the whole story. i've never been able to write long things.:_|

3. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    anyways, if someone would please message me with advice on ANYTHING, it would be much appreiciated. and no, i don't need advice on spelling. :p

4. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    :D Write more.

Why is Jaina on Dagoboth? NJO era?

Poor Solo flygirl ego...

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    It's a nice start and don't worry that it's not a long story.

If you're looking for help you can always check out Adopt A Newbie or Fanfic Orientation Guide. The fanfic guide also has some wonderful links in the very first post to help nebiews and oldbies alike. :) :)

6. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    alright, i've spent the last however long writing up a better explaination of WHY she's on Dagobah, but then if i post it, it's going to be way out of order. But to summorize: This is 2 years before Dark Nest, and Jaina was already feeling detatched from everyone. Kyp and Mara brainstormed and thought that going to the same Dark Tree thing that Luke went to could help her sort herself out. so, here she is...

7. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Someone PM me if you're still interested in this.

8. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Hey, this seems interesting. Jaina's gone to Dagobah, presumably to do the Jedi thing and confront/overcome the Dark Side...

But now she's crashed, and she has to swim through cold, slimy water, with no Yoda, no warm and welcoming cave! :)

*shudders*

You capture her nervousness and the deserted, unknown sense of the world she's faced with rather well, I think...

Just one piece of advice - putting a "/" between two characters' names in the header normally implies that a romantic relationship will be important in the plot, for instance, Jag/Jaina or Kyp/Jaina... so Ani/Jaina might look a little odd to some people...

But then again, it is eye-catching!! ;)

And, one other thing! Don't worry about the low review-count - it's only been online for a few hours!! [:D]

- The Imperial Ewok

9. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    This is good, padawan! I suggest getting a beta (editor) to help you, or send me your posts and I will attempt to space them out. I would suggest spacing them out so members can read it much easier and take it one paragraph at a time, like this:

Jaina Solo had tried to prepare herself for Dagobah. She had gone through numerous physical and mental tests given to her by almost every Master in the Order. She thought she was ready. Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara thought she was ready. Heck, even Kyp had thought she was as prepared as she was ever going to be. But somehow she doubted that any of them thought she would have difficulty doing this.

So here she was, former pilot of Rouge Squadron, Commander of the Twin Suns, Colonel of the Galactic Alliance, daughter of the famed Han Solo, and she couldn?t manage to land her own X-wing. Okay, so she had managed to get her ship on the surface of the planet, but did it really count as landing when you where 200 feet away from any actual land? She didn?t think so, at least not a landing Jaina Solo would want anyone else witnessing.
    She sighed. Solo! She scolded herself. Quit wishing you where a better pilot and start swimming! She shuddered at the thought, though she knew there was no way around it. Her astromech droid, Cappie, whistled to her nervously.

?No, Cappie, you don?t have to come with me. It?s safer for you to stay here.?
    Cappie gave a little droid sigh of relief. Jaina smiled, thinking of the stories Luke had told her about how Artoo had fallen out of the X-wing and had been swallowed and spit out again by some sea monster. Sea monster. She glanced down at the water, suddenly even more wary of her little swim.

Just then, her X-wing jolted, nearly throwing Jaina off the edge. She grabbed on to her one of her S-foils, and then realized that her ship was sinking, and quickly. She started to scramble back to her cockpit, then grasped that with her repulsor lifts completely submerged, there was a very good chance that she couldn?t take off.
    She spat a choice Corellian curse. Somehow she didn?t think she could handle the whole ?Size matters not? thing. Cappie let out a shrill whine, asking Jaina to do something. She bit back another curse as it dawned on her that her choices consisted of a) levitating her X-wing over to the shore, or b) swimming to shore, risking the threat of unseen things, and then lifting her ship over to shore.

10. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    thank you! i thought the '/' simply meant two chracters...hmmm...how long do you think i should wait before my next post???

11. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    thank you, Oh-Great-And-Powerful-Master.

12. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I wait about 5 days, but that's because I have many readers, and I like it when they beg. [face_devil]

I would suggest waiting about 3 days, then update, that gives you time to go over it, edit it, make sure there are no plot holes.

:D

13. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    ok...good. gives me time. i need to make some last-minute detail checks...

14. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    i'm bumping mine up, i guess...also, Master, i'll PM you, i want you to read something...

15. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey, sounds very interesting. Ani/Jaina? Hope this isn't a lovestory between siblings. Is it after Anakin's death?

Could you PM me please, when you update. That would be nice.

16. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    no, it's not siblinal love. I didn't realize that '/' means romantically involved. I will PM you. I hope i remember...i'm so new at this.

17. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    i got rid of the '/'. i hope that clears it up...Anakin/Jaina is downright creepy.

18. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Jaina on Dagobah has a lot of potential. I wonder what would happen if she had to, you know, confront the darkness within herself. [face_worried]

19. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    The title is a bit better, no one suspects sibling luvers any more. :p

I have just sent you the next post back from the beta-ing office, hope you keep the italics...

:D

Your Great-and-Powerful-Master, [face_whistling]

@};- ~CS~ @};-

20. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Jaina WILL get to confront the darkness. It's good. I think...yes, Master, i shall be a good little Padawan and not make to many changes. [face_batting] anyway, post coming in about an hour or so...must deal with some dreaded school biology first. :rolleyes:

21. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    here it is:

Her X-wing chose this moment to fall three feet deeper into the murky water. Jaina closed her eyes and tried to find the calm place inside her, the place that would allow her to draw strength from it. Cappie have a loud screech as the ship shuddered, then started to rise a little bit. The droid swiveled her domed head around so that her photoreceptors where pointed at Jaina.

The young woman was shaking, sweat pouring down her body. Her eyebrows where pushed against each other as Jaina fell into a state of extreme focus, almost so deep as to be considered a sort of Force-trance. The X-wing had stopped rising, and was now gliding over the water towards shore. Cappie had enough sense to understand that now would be a really good time to start the engines.Jaina almost fell off the X-wing as it shuddered and jolted upwards.

Did I do that? She thought before she realized that she was no longer levitating her ship, and in fact the ship was levitating her. She climbed back up to her cockpit. Cappie opened the hatch for her and she jumped in and immediately started steering her X-wing over to shore. When she was safely over dry ground, she said, ?Okay, Cappie, good job starting the engines for me back there, but you can turn them off now.?

Cappie complied. The ship set down with a gentle thud. Jaina opened the cockpit again and pulled herself out onto the wings of her ship. She gave her R4 an affectionate pat as she walked pass. In returned it whistled something equivalent to ?good luck?.

Jaina jumped of the ship and dropped on the wet ground of Dagobah. She shouldered her survival pack and reached out with the Force, searching for the dark presence she had come here looking for. She didn?t completely understand why she wanted to find the dark tree, though she suspected it had something to do with the many personal demons that haunted her.

22. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Cool. Sounds very interesting. Can't wait to read more.

23. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    thank you! i'll post again in about 2 days...

24. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Awesome one, padawan! I am enjoying this! :D

25. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    thank you, my SITH Master...i'm still upset about the chocolate Kypster. [face_shame_on_you] [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.