main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for someone with SW: Gamer #9

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Hello all.

I am looking for someone who owns a copy of Star Wars: Gamer #9 to help me find something.

According to the CUSWE, in issue #9 their is either a story or some mention of a MC-80b Mon Cal cruiser Allegiant. Apparently it is stationed in the Meridian sector and is home base to Nomad Squad.

Can anyone give me a confirmation of this and provide me with additional info?

Thanks.

--Adm. Nick

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    The Allegiant appears on page 49 in the article On Wings of Rogues as part of the adventure hook Nomad Squadron, New Republic Navy. The adventure takes place during the NJO and the Allegiant serves as a base of operations. Her complement of fighters is made up of X-wings, A-wings, and B-wings, all of which look to make up Nomad Squadron. If I recall correctly, MC80bs carry a full wing of fighters, though this hook says the Allegiant is a MC8ob, either a misprint or a different type of Mon Cal cruiser. The hook is mostly concerned with the Nomads, nothing much on the Allegiant. Her auxiliary craft are listed as Lambda-class shuttles and she's patrolling the spacelanes of the Meridian sector looking for signs of the Vong.

3. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Thanks alot. :)

I needed that confirmation.

--Adm. Nick

4. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Knight:

I forgot to ask. About what time does this take place? After Vector Prime? Before the fall of Coruscant? After it?

--Adm. Nick

5. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    It's an RPG adventure hook set during the NJO and doesn't really give much of an idea as to exactly when it's set. The only idea of the timeframe it can occur in is under the typical missions element. Here's what that has to say. From Gamer issue 9, article On Wings of Rogues, adventure hook Nomad Squadron, New Republic Navy, page 49:

Typical missions: At the beginning of the Yuuzahn Vong incursion into New Republic space, the military were slow to respond, but now that the threat is clear, the New Republic has mobilized hundreds of ships to fortify the galactic borders. Stationed in the Meridian Sector, the Allegiant and Nomad Squadron patrol the spacelanes watching for any signs of Yuuzahn Vong forces.

Now if I recall correctly, the NR military really began responding to the Vong threat in Ruin. So you're probably talking Ruin through the rest of the NJO as a timeframe for this hook to begin and take place. But when exactly it begins is still in question. You could be talking it beginning during the events of Ruin, or it could be during the events of Balance point. It could even start after the Fall of Coruscant. There's no real telling when exactly it begins.

6. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Fall Of Coruscant seems a bit late for the "threat to be clear." I'd say Balance Point to be the end.

7. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    With the way the NR government and most of the military was between the end of VP and the Fall of Coruscant, it really took the Fall of Coruscant to get them to truly wake up and see just how much of a threat the Vong were. So it doesn't seem so unlikely that the adventure hook could begin after the Fall of Coruscant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.