main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lord of the Rings Games

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SithForceLord, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wankenobiben

obi-wankenobiben Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Anyone please :(
    Is TTT coming to PC? :confused:

2. Riku

Riku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    <i>"Dragon" (but looks more like Balrog [with wings ]):</i>

Balrogs HAVE wings. In the book and in the movie, period.

3. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    no and yes

the two towers game you have been hearing abot is not coming out for PC that is the game made by EA

Universal is making the fellowship of the rings game and they will be making the two towers and return of the king games but probebly the two towers game will come out next year(they havent started production on the two towers game that is going to be made by Universal)

4. obi-wankenobiben

Jan 7, 2002
    Where did you here this because On the trailer it says plain as day PC!

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > Balrogs HAVE wings. In the book and in the movie, period.

Not "period". The balrog wing debate has two distinct sides, both with valid interpretations.

Personally, "my" Balrogs don't have wings.

Interesting article here laying out both sides of the argument;

Do Balrogs have wings?

6. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    pres-realease and show me a store that is selling it for pc

7. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    abot the BALROG arguement if Balrogs had wings why didnt the one in Moria just fly out when he fell down into Shadow instead he fell with Gandalf
    if it does have wings then they dont use them alout

8. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Ah, Balrog wings, the subject of unending debate for Tolkien geeks everywhere. :p

Oh, and if you care to look, PJ's Balrog actually has the skeletal structure of the wings only. There's no membrane.

9. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    >>>abot the BALROG arguement if Balrogs had wings why didnt the one in Moria just fly out when he fell down into Shadow<<<

[image=http://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/images/ostrich.jpg] [image=http://www.pbs.org/kratts/world/ant/penguin/images/penguin.jpg]

Nuff said, discussion over. :D :p
    The Balrog did have wings, it's written in the book. And the movie had collaboration with Tolkiens family didn't it? And Peter Jacksons Balrog had wings of smoke and shadow.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) i(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\::::i
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

10. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Bah, JP's article makes sense in the direction of the no-wings argument, what with the quotes of the size of the orc door and all.

11. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    It's possible that the Balrog simply wasn't able to reverse its momentum. Drop a Harrier from 1,000 feet up and I'd wager its jump jets would have a hard time keeping it in the air. Of course, I know little about aeronautics, so I may be way off base on that.

Sadly, it's been so long since I've read the Lord of the Rings trilogy that I barely even remember the Balrog (still have yet to see the movie, though I may give the extended version a go).

12. obi-wankenobiben

Jan 7, 2002
    http://www.ea.com/eagames/main/pccd/lotr/home.jsp

Hey What more proof do you need than this?

13. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    EA TO BRING THE LORD OF THE RINGS, THE TWO TOWERS TO THE PLAYSTATION 2 AND GAME BOY ADVANCE

i dont see PC anywhere in there

show me a store that is selling The Two Towers for PC

14. obi-wankenobiben

Jan 7, 2002
    It says PC! And They are not going to sell a game that is not fully done right now!

15. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    what abot pre-ordering?
    you can preorder the gameboy advance and playstation 2 versions but not the PC.

16. obi-wankenobiben

Jan 7, 2002
    Yew you can pre-order those because they are fully done with it! It would be stupid to pre-order something if it was not fully done!

17. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    look i want you to show me a site that u can pre order the pc version of The Two Towers

18. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Experience the intense action of The Lord of the Rings?: The Two Towers? movie in the video game coming this fall to PC-CD, PlayStation 2, and Game Boy Advance.

Says that on the EA page.

19. obi-wankenobiben

Jan 7, 2002
    Thank you Darth_Simpson! Is That enough proof for you Indy 3?

20. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    LOTR online RPG and RTS announced

>>>Vivendi Universal has announced plans to do several new games based on its Lord of the Rings license. The new games include The Lord of the Rings: Middle-earth Online, an online massively multiplayer role-playing game, and The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Ring, a real-time strategy game. War of the Ring will let players take control of the forces for good or evil and will focus on the events leading to the formation of the Fellowship and the Ring Quest.<<<

So it would seem that Middle Earth Online has been revived. I hope the RTS is in the same vein as Myth. I'm so tired of the resource farming ones.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) i(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\::::i
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

21. obi-wankenobiben

Jan 7, 2002
  22. obi-wankenobiben

Jan 7, 2002
    I gave up on TTT on PC for now, so i pre-ordered TTT for PS2!

So now i have 2 lord of the rings games on order! TFOTR on PC and TTT on PS2.

PC Rules!

23. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    iam just going to wait till next year when the same company that is make FOTR for pc is going to make TTT for PC

24. obi-wankenobiben

Jan 7, 2002
    Well Indy3 your going to have two choices for TTT on PC! Movie based or Book based!
    I am going to get the book based and maybe the movie based if it is different than the PS2 version.

25. obi-wankenobiben

Jan 7, 2002
    Just found this:
    Two New Lord of the Rings Games on PC

Vivendi Universal has announced that they'll be making games based on J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings books for a long time coming. Additionally, they've announced two new ones: an MMORPG and an RTS.
    The Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth Online, is the MMORPG. You can live your life as a hero in the world of Middle Earth. There's also LotR: The War of the Ring, which is the RTS. Given the scope of the battles in the books, this should be a good fit.

"The works of J.R.R. Tolkien are beloved by generations of fans around the world and the development of these additional titles across new platforms underscores our commitment to the franchise," burbled Luc Vanhal, VU Games' President & COO, North America. "We have engaged some of our finest creative and technical teams to deliver a rich and diverse range of products to gamers and true fans of the Tolkien universe."

There are, as yet, no real details or projected releases for these two titles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.